We are family

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I recently watched an episode of a TV crime series.

The story was about an operation that kidnapped folks and then sold them to the highest bidder via the internet to a wide variety of serial killers.
This made it harder to track, as the ones that kidnapped were not involved with the killing and disposal of the body.

But the thing that really stood out was what the perp said while being interrogated.

He said the internet changed things. Those that felt they were all alone with their perverse desires no longer had to feel that way. Through the internet they had a connection of like-minded folks.
In other words, they no longer felt alone, but were actually part of family of like-minded people.
Then he had a mild smirk on his face as he looked directly at the detective interrogating him and said, "It's a very large family, and we have each others back".

You could fill in the blank with any kind of perversion.
The internet gives you the release of not feeling like such a freak.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yes, the tower of babel in reverse.
Sickening, isn't it?

I guess when you think about it, just about anything discovered to make your life easier (like the internet) can also be used to make pervert's lives easier.

Knowledge isn't always a good think.

republicanchick

too bad Christians do not feel this sense of family toward "their own"

The way Christians back bite and reject one another, well, they'd never be accused ofbeing "family"

the perverts get it but the Christians don't?

(so I am cynical... didn't get that way by myself)

+++