We Are All Born Sinners

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
BORN SINNERS
1 Cor 15:46
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
Jude 1:10
10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
Rom 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
James 4:14
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
John 3:6-7
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
John 3:4-5
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Rom 8:8
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:5-6
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
1 Cor 1:26
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
Matt 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
1 Cor 1:21
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
John 3:17-18
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Acts 4:12
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
James 4:13-15
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit";
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that."
(NKJ)
XXX You were born carnally minded(sinners). You relied on and trusted your carnal reason and logic. One cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven unless they are born again. The only weapons we have against the carnal mind is the Word of God(verses). The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. And He has a verse that will answer any and all questions that enter your mind about God and Jesus. The carnal mind insists on interpreting the Word of God. The Spiritual mind insists on answering it with verses. Everybody inherits the sins of their fathers.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Job 5:7
7 Yet man is born to trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
(NKJ)

Ps 51:4-5
4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in Your sight-- that You may be found just when You speak, and blameless when You judge.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.
(NKJ)

Rom 6:1-2

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
(NKJ)

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

John 3:6-7
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(NKJ)

Matt 24:38-42
38 "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
39 "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
40 "Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
41 "Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.
42 "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
(NKJ)

Luke 17:33
33 "Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
(NKJ)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lolol Its obvious I'll never have to worry about you getting spiritual.

1 Cor 13:11
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(NKJ)

Bard_the_Bowman

The only weapons we have against the carnal mind is the Word of God(verses).

Question #1: So how did that work again for Christians living in 36 A.D.?

The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

According to Squeakyism. Not according to the Bible.

And He has a verse that will answer any and all questions that enter your mind about God and Jesus.

Here's a couple that have entered my mind:

Dear God, will the Holy Spirit answer any and all questions that enter my mind about God and Jesus?

Dear God, does the Holy Spirit only quote verses?

(...waiting for Holy Spirit to show me the verses that will show those.....)

And....Question #2: How does that help an illiterate person who can't read and, therefore, has never read a verse?

The carnal mind insists on interpreting the Word of God.

You mean like this, for example:

The Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

The Spiritual mind insists on answering it with verses.

(Sigh)...yet another Squeakism. The Bible doesn't say that.

Everybody inherits the sins of their fathers.[/QUOTE]

Squeaky,

Please answer questions #1, and #2 from above.

Peace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Question #1: So how did that work again for Christians living in 36 A.D.?

According to Squeakyism. Not according to the Bible.

Here's a couple that have entered my mind:

Dear God, will the Holy Spirit answer any and all questions that enter my mind about God and Jesus?

Dear God, does the Holy Spirit only quote verses?

(...waiting for Holy Spirit to show me the verses that will show those.....)

And....Question #2: How does that help an illiterate person who can't read and, therefore, has never read a verse?

You mean like this, for example:

(Sigh)...yet another Squeakism. The Bible doesn't say that.

Everybody inherits the sins of their fathers.

Squeaky,

Please answer questions #1, and #2 from above.

Peace.[/QUOTE]

I said
It really appears you don't know the Holy Spirit. Or He could have told you.That the Holy Spirit will teach you by bringing to remembrance what Jesus has SAID, already said. Not going to say, not might have said. But what Jesus has SAID to you. When your reading the new testament Jesus is speaking to you

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

And yes there is nothing hidden from the Holy Spirit.

Mark 4:22-23
22 "For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light.
23 "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear."
(NKJ)

Bard_the_Bowman

When your reading the new testament Jesus is speaking to you

You know what? Just never mind, Squeaky. It appears that you are incapable of answering direct questions.

Christians in 36 A.D. could not read the New Testament....because there wasn't one.

Illiterate people cannot read the the New Testament....because they cannot read.

And yet both groups can be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.

Your Squeakyisms are illogical.

Peace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You know what? Just never mind, Squeaky. It appears that you are incapable of answering direct questions.

Christians in 36 A.D. could not read the New Testament....because there wasn't one.

Illiterate people cannot read the the New Testament....because they cannot read.

And yet both groups can be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.

Your Squeakyisms are illogical.

Peace.

I said
Your all locked into that carnal logic. And don't seem to understand. They had all been listening to Jesus talk before anything was written. The apostles all had parchments about Jesus before the bible was ever written. And people that cant read can listen. And even now there are tapes that people can listen to that cant read.

2 Tim 4:13
13 Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come-- and the books, especially the parchments.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

BORN SINNERS
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

If you will look at the "context" where those words are used you can see that the subject is the "natural" bodies which we now possess and the "spiritual" bodies we will possess when we are raised from the dead (1 Cor.15:42-44).

If we are "born sinners," as you imagine, then I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus would say the following about little children:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14).​

Are we to believe that the Lord believed that infants are sinners since birth but yet He would say that "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"? Of course not!

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Mt.18:1-4).​

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you will look at the "context" where those words are used you can see that the subject is the "natural" bodies which we now possess and the "spiritual" bodies we will possess when we are raised from the dead (1 Cor.15:42-44).

If we are "born sinners," as you imagine, then I cannot believe that the Lord Jesus would say the following about little children:

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these'" (Mt.19:13-14).​

Are we to believe that the Lord believed that infants are sinners since birth but yet He would say that "the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"? Of course not!

At another place we see the Lord Jesus speaking about children and here the same truth can be seen:

"At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Mt.18:1-4).​

I said
I can understand your concern. And remember what little children do they "" Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child,"" they hunble themselves to authority.

Here is the part I think your over looking. You must be born again anyone who is not born again will never see the kingdom of God.

3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(NKJ)

John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

Here is the part I think your over looking. You must be born again anyone who is not born again will never see the kingdom of God.

(NKJ)

Those are the words addressed to someone who had already died spititually. Little children have not yet died spiritually.

Are you willing to argue that there will be no children in the kingdom because none of them have been born again of the Spirit?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Those are the words addressed to someone who had already died spititually. Little children have not yet died spiritually.

Are you willing to argue that there will be no children in the kingdom because none of them have been born again of the Spirit?

I said
I have run across that kind of logic before. He said that to someone else. I see every verse in the new testament is for me. And when it says "unless one" I take that one as "anyone". And children can be born again just like adults.

(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I said
I have run across that kind of logic before. He said that to someone else. I see every verse in the new testament is for me. And when it says "unless one" I take that one as "anyone". And children can be born again just like adults.

So little children, including infants, can be born again by the gospel?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So little children, including infants, can be born again by the gospel?

I said

Matt 19:14
14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
(NKJ)

That is what it says. If I missed something in these verses, help me out what do you think they say?

(NKJ)

John 3:5-6
(NKJ)

John 3:7
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

I said

Matt 19:14
14 But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
(NKJ)

That is what it says. If I missed something in these verses, help me out what do you think they say?

You are "assuming" that an infant is spiritually dead and therefore needs to be born again spiritually. But what is said here demonstates that no one comes out of the womb dead spiritually:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
(Ps.139:13-14).​

Now let me ask you a question. What kind of "death" is this passage making reference?:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away"
(2 Cor.3:6-7).​

Thanks!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are "assuming" that an infant is spiritually dead and therefore needs to be born again spiritually. But what is said here demonstates that no one comes out of the womb dead spiritually:

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well"
(Ps.139:13-14).​

Now let me ask you a question. What kind of "death" is this passage making reference?:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away"
(2 Cor.3:6-7).​

Thanks!

If everyone is born in the flesh, and inherit the sins of the fathers. And one must be born again because no one can please God in the flesh. And we must be born again, because everyone is born in the flesh. Do I see something you don't?
I said
Jude 1:10
10 But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
Rom 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Ps 51:5
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

way 2 go

Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.