very sad... how you don't see pregnant women much anymore

republicanchick

very sad... how you don't see pregnant women much anymore

and you don't see big families anymore

heck, you don't even see a lot of young children anymore

Thank you, Roe v Wade

and on top of that, the child abuse rate went up 500% when abortion was legalized..

a society accepting abortion sends the message that life is meaningless/worthless (if some given person merely says or thinks it is)

++++

MortSullivan

Maybe you aren't looking in the right places. I see a lot of pregnant women every day.

I see them too. Got one family in our church that has 5 kids, and another on the way. Got another family with 4 kids, and another on the way. Wife & I have 4 grown married kids, and 6 grandkids.

I guess it depends on where you look, and what you're looking for.

HisServant

Where I work, there a many pregnant women walking around all the time.

As far as large families... very few people live on farms anymore and the family has shrunk accordingly.

MortSullivan

Where I work, there a many pregnant women walking around all the time.

As far as large families... very few people live on farms anymore and the family has shrunk accordingly.

^ There's that, and there's also the fact that even Catholic families are ignoring what the Catholic Church claims to teach about sex and procreation.

I know a lot of people my age who have 8-12 siblings, but I know nobody my age who has 8-12 children.

HisServant

My mom was 1 out of 11 and my dad 1 out of 8.. I have 60 first cousins.

None of my aunts and uncles had more than 5 kids.. most had 2 or 3.

MortSullivan

My mom was 1 out of 11 and my dad 1 out of 8.. I have 60 first cousins.

None of my aunts and uncles had more than 5 kids.. most had 2 or 3.

Right. I've had conversations with older Catholics who openly admit that, if contraceptives were widely available when they were in their child-bearing years, they wouldn't have had anywhere near as many kids. They love all their kids dearly, but admit that it was an extreme hardship.

alwight

a society accepting abortion sends the message that life is meaningless/worthless (if some given person merely says or thinks it is)
I think it sends the message that existing people want to lead a life that they can control and that children born into it are less congenitally dysfunctional, are wanted and will be cared for.

HisServant

I think it sends the message that existing people want to lead a life that they can control and that children born into it are less congenitally dysfunctional, are wanted and will be cared for.

I only had two.. then got fixed... because there are significantly more challenges that children face these days that take a larger portion of a parents time to address. Popular culture, internet, TV, etc... all need to be monitored and moderated.

republicanchick

I haven't seen a pregnant woman in a long time.. save the lovely Ainsley

When i was a lot younger, you'd see them... you would see children eveyrwhere... now they are a rarity

we are at BELOW... repeat BELOW

ZERO

repeat Zero

Population growth

The Muslims will win for this reason alone

We get the world we deserve

++

Selaphiel

I haven't seen a pregnant woman in a long time.. save the lovely Ainsley

When i was a lot younger, you'd see them... you would see children eveyrwhere... now they are a rarity

we are at BELOW... repeat BELOW

ZERO

repeat Zero

Population growth

The Muslims will win for this reason alone

We get the world we deserve

++

So, how many kids do you have?

The myth that the Muslims will "win" the west due to population growth is nonsense. Their reproduction rate stabilizes as they integrate into society.

kiwimacahau

The myth that the Muslims will "win" the west due to population growth is nonsense. Their reproduction rate stabilizes as they integrate into society.

Indeed. This is simply 'fear of the other' all gussied up. Pity the finery is so thread worn and old.

bybee

It would appear that they do not integrate in to society.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Im also guessing republicanchick is from the baby boomer era, where there were tons more kids being had, than later, due to birth control being available also.

The baby boom era ended in 65, I would bet republicanchick was born after 1990; if I am wrong, I will eat Milkshake's hat.:chuckle: