Trump dropping out, really a Democrat

Lon

"I've been a Democrat all my life," Trump says as he drops out of the presidential race, "[Did] you people really believe me?"

Charlotte Observer said:
In a turn of events that shocked the political world and threw the presidential race into unprecedented turmoil, Donald J. Trump announced yesterday that he is quitting the race and endorsing Hillary Clinton.
Trump said the only point of his campaign was to show how stupid and gullible many Republican voters are.
“I’ve been a Democrat all of my adult life,” Trump told a packed and boisterous news conference. “But I knew if I ran as a Republican and said increasingly ridiculous, idiotic, racist and sexist things that I would get a lot of votes.”
But he said he had no idea he would be able to win the Republican nomination and poll 40 percent or better in a national race against Clinton.
“Did people really believe that I could build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico and get the Mexicans to pay for it?” Trump asked, “and that we could deport 11 million illegal aliens? That’s ridiculous. How could we possibly do that?”

Trump said he wanted to show just how gullible the far-right wing was and how weak-kneed Republican leaders were.

“Even after I made racist statements about that judge and attacked a Gold Star family, the Republican leadership continued to endorse me,” Trump said. “Man, what does it take to get tossed out of the Republican Party?”
He also pointed out that he had offered no real solutions to any of the country’s problems and nobody, even the news media, took much notice that “there was no there there in my campaign,” he said.
House Speaker Paul Ryan, while expressing shock at Trump’s announcement, said, “After I thought about it a bit, I realized this made a lot more sense then the campaign he was running. The joke’s on us.”

Read more here: Charlotte Observer

*Note: There is an obviousness to the article on a few levels...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is so much truth behind satire.

Back in March of this year Senator Ted Cruz said this about Trump supporters:

"Donald does well with voters who have relatively low information, who are not that engaged, and who are angry and they see him as an angry voice,"

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ted-cruz-donald-trump-voters-insult/2016/03/10/id/718517/

I've dealt with many Trump supporters on and outside of TOL; Cruz was being kind when he used the terms "low information" and "not that engaged".

A good portion of Trump supporters, like their candidate, have mental issues.

Reactions: Lon

Derf

My personal theory is that Trump is Hillary's "Ross Perot", and he intended to get as much publicity from the nomination process as possible in order to launch a third-party monkey-wrench at the Republican nominee.

Then when he actually started to win, the plans changed, and Donald went rogue. I was about to buy into the article you posted (as an obvious nod to my pet theory), until I read through it. Although facetious, it's on point in a number of areas.

I could see Trump, if he gets to the point where even he knows he will lose, doing exactly as the article reads. He has no allegiance to the Republican party, nor to the American people.

But my take-away from the whole Trump debacle is that when your "big tent" shelters everybody, it's no longer your tent.