Trump and American Horror Story

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
American Horror Story is a TV series that has a different story and setting each season, but all have a thread that ties them together.

1st season - Murder House
2nd season - Assylum
3rd season - Coven
4th season - Freak Show
5th season - Hotel

This new season is Cult.

I watched the 1st episode.
It starts with Election Night and the responses (mostly liberals) of Trump winning over Hillary.

Some think it's literally the end of the world, and they lose reality and go insane to the point of hallucinating (mostly of demented clowns out to get them).
Some just want to die.
Some want to form political attack groups.
And some want to use every dirty trick they can think of to get back at Republicans.
And some want to murder every Trump voter.
etc.

In other words, everyone is separating into different 'cults'. (Think, antifa, BLM, KKK, etc.)

blah blah blah

This, of course, stirs up anarchy in the streets, vigilantes, and protests everywhere.

This situation is perfect for psychopathic serial killers.
They just want to hurt and kill, and don't give a hoot about politics.
They can blend into any of the groups by just wearing a t-shirt or have a flag or sign.
And when the chaotic frenzy begins, he can do his stuff and no one can really tell who stabbed who.
Being masked makes it all the more difficult to find the guilty parties.

While this show is freakishly grotesque, and not one that a lot of folks can stomach; I found the concept of what is happening intriguing.
All the separate groups that oppose each other makes it ideal for anyone that just wants to hate.
They can get their jollies with any group.

Is supporting any of these groups really just breeding more hatred?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
American Horror Story is a TV series that has a different story and setting each season, but all have a thread that ties them together.

1st season - Murder House
2nd season - Assylum
3rd season - Coven
4th season - Freak Show
5th season - Hotel

This new season is Cult.

I watched the 1st episode.
It starts with Election Night and the responses (mostly liberals) of Trump winning over Hillary.

Some think it's literally the end of the world, and they lose reality and go insane to the point of hallucinating (mostly of demented clowns out to get them).
Some just want to die.
Some want to form political attack groups.
And some want to use every dirty trick they can think of to get back at Republicans.
And some want to murder every Trump voter.
etc.

In other words, everyone is separating into different 'cults'. (Think, antifa, BLM, KKK, etc.)

blah blah blah

This, of course, stirs up anarchy in the streets, vigilantes, and protests everywhere.

This situation is perfect for psychopathic serial killers.
They just want to hurt and kill, and don't give a hoot about politics.
They can blend into any of the groups by just wearing a t-shirt or have a flag or sign.
And when the chaotic frenzy begins, he can do his stuff and no one can really tell who stabbed who.
Being masked makes it all the more difficult to find the guilty parties.

While this show is freakishly grotesque, and not one that a lot of folks can stomach; I found the concept of what is happening intriguing.
All the separate groups that oppose each other makes it ideal for anyone that just wants to hate.
They can get their jollies with any group.

Is supporting any of these groups really just breeding more hatred?
I'll have to watch that when I get settled again. Good shows can really tap into the dark side of humanity and highlight underlying sentiments in society. Hate does breed more hate and some think that's exactly what the elites (top 1%) wants, deep division and chaos.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll have to watch that when I get settled again. Good shows can really tap into the dark side of humanity and highlight underlying sentiments in society. Hate does breed more hate and some think that's exactly what the elites (top 1%) wants, deep division and chaos.
The show is good for it's particular genre (macabre horror).
With good acting as well.

But I'm not promoting the show itself.
Was just intrigued with the concept they presented.
That it was the perfect stage for serial killers, and for pre-serial killers to get their feet wet.
Hiding in plain sight under the banner of 'cause'.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The show is good for it's particular genre (macabre horror).
With good acting as well.

But I'm not promoting the show itself.
Was just intrigued with the concept they presented.
That it was the perfect stage for serial killers, and for pre-serial killers to get their feet wet.
Hiding in plain sight under the banner of 'cause'.
Oh, I get it. Are there detectives or anyone to track them and catch them, or does it just focus on macabre?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, I get it. Are there detectives or anyone to track them and catch them, or does it just focus on macabre?
Not sure how the show will continue.
There has only been one episode so far.
But every one of their shows in each season has been macabre (to the extreme) mixed in with some supernatural elements, and lots of depravity.

And I will be curious to see how the reactions are to the show this season, being as it is taking a real life situation (election of Trump) and pilling on the insanity of it.
Using this hot situation (and making it hotter) to further a show may backfire on the popularity of the show.
Episode one focused on the negativity of the left towards Trump and makes them look like lost children not knowing what direction to take next and flipping out over it.

In some ways this season has reminded me of Lord of the Flies.
A movie where a group of boys are stranded on an island with no adult authority to guide them.
Having no authority to direct their societal norms, they were lost and disoriented as to how to govern themselves and they (all these boys that used to get along splendidly) splinter into separate groups, some turning savage with no regard for life or laws.

And you are right, some shows can really reflect how depraved a human being can get.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not sure how the show will continue.
There has only been one episode so far.
But every one of their shows in each season has been macabre (to the extreme) mixed in with some supernatural elements, and lots of depravity.

And I will be curious to see how the reactions are to the show this season, being as it is taking a real life situation (election of Trump) and pilling on the insanity of it.
Using this hot situation (and making it hotter) to further a show may backfire on the popularity of the show.
Episode one focused on the negativity of the left towards Trump and makes them look like lost children not knowing what direction to take next and flipping out over it.

In some ways this season has reminded me of Lord of the Flies.
A movie where a group of boys are stranded on an island with no adult authority to guide them.
Having no authority to direct their societal norms, they were lost and disoriented as to how to govern themselves and they (all these boys that used to get along splendidly) splinter into separate groups, some turning savage with no regard for life or laws.

And you are right, some shows can really reflect how depraved a human being can get.
That's the main reason I'm interested, to see how crazy they depict the left :chuckle:

We read Lord Of The Flies in grade school, it was disturbing to me. I heard there's a new Flies movie with all girls.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's the main reason I'm interested, to see how crazy they depict the left :chuckle:
The show started with coverage of election night.
It went on for several minutes that I almost thought I was watching the wrong channel!!! hehe!
And then they started showing the reactions (some of news feeds, and some of the characters on the show).
Very very very anti-Trump.
It was all portrayed as if liberals thought this was the end of the world, a real doomsday apocalypse that turned them all into shattered lost souls.

One could make a lot of analogies just from the 1st episode.

While the liberals are acting like they are fighting against the bad guys ........ the REAL bad guys come out and say, "This is a perfect set up for us! Let the terror begin!"
And using costume get-ups is also perfect for them.

What really sets this show apart from other horror shows is their heavy use of freaky grotesque visual imagery.
The imagery alone makes you want to turn your eyes away.

Demented killer dresses as a clown.

637d3610-6229-49fd-ac30-5f4356a50f2c.jpg

Even the intro to the show always has some morbid imagery.
INTRO:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like I say, I don't know what direction the show is going in, but you can concoct several theories just from the 1st episode.
So we can guess and speculate on how it might go.

I can see this one going in the direction that anger, hate, and chaos is exactly what is wanted from some elite cult leader.
And since AHS (American Horror Story) also has a supernatural demonic theme to it, I can see this as a prerequisite for an antichrist to step in amid all the chaos to "supposedly" save the day.

Right now the show seems to be about getting the whole country scared, delirious, and living in uncertainty.
It's not portraying liberals as any more disturbed than conservatives.
The cult wants them all to live in fear and dread, and strike out at each other.
They jumped on the reaction of the election as just an opportunity to bolster strife across the country on all sides, and thus the country will be looking for a leader to fix it.
(Reminds me of those buses that pulled up loaded with protesters from ANTIFA, BLM, and KKK in Charlottesville.)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PJ, here's a trailer of the show that shows a a short bit of the reactions from election night.