Trump’s lack of leadership becomes an excuse for a big sell

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Overbought markets look for an excuse to sell off. Trump’s leadership skills are coming into question after he lost the backing of U.S. company CEOs. Trump dissolved two business councils, though it was more like the executives abandoned him. The market is counting on former Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for shepherding tax reform in his capacity as economic adviser. But there was speculation that Cohn would resign after Trump’s disastrous press briefing in which he equated white supremacists with their protestors. For now, at least, Cohn is staying.

Will Trump’s leadership become an excuse for a bigger selloff in the stock market? For me that’s the real question.:chew:

If you thought the recent bout of market volatility was bad, a bear market decline of 20% in stocks is on the horizon, according to Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital.

Schiff told TheStreet the "[Janet] Yellen put" in the markets could expire under President Trump. "I don't know if the Fed has much love for Trump," he said, adding that the Fed had the markets' back during the Obama Administration.

One black swan event Schiff sees is the notion of investors abandoning the euphoria over Trump's presidency, which helped fuel the stock market rally this year.

"We've had a huge move up since the election of Trump even though prior to the election the expectation was if Trump won it [would be a disaster for markets],"

Wishful thinking:)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Correct. The market has a life of its own. It has been highly overvalued, and, for complex reasons might stay high, unless it finds reason off it to panic. I have often compared the market to a flock of birds. Once they panic, they take off. then return to gather.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think it is inevitable that the market will drop. That's what the market does, it goes up and down. Get out now !!!!

The problem I HAVE WITH Trump has less to do with his ideas and more to do WITH HIS PERSONALITY

glorydaz

The problem I HAVE WITH Trump has less to do with his ideas and more to do WITH HIS PERSONALITY

Well, we are at 2% growth for the first time in a long time, and those business leaders leaving was just an example of the swamp creatures crawling out while they still can. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Trump would be considered a great and successful President right now if he had a little help from the Republicans. As it stands, there are too many liberal leftists in the Republican ranks.

That's for sure. And, this latest red herring that he's losing his mind is evidence of their desperation. Poor sore loser swamp creatures. :nono:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He runs hot and cold instead of the dull constant drip of lukewarm.
It's sorta refreshing to see some unscripted emotion for a change, instead of the calculated frozen mask of political correctness.and what many times looked to be forced or even fabricated sentiment.
Definitely not boring.
He may very well go down as the most memorable President of this generation.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

They are both pretty horrendous ... It's like a five year old has been granted the authority to take over the house while his parents are away on vacation. The parents/GOP are allowing bad and even dangerous behavior.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
They are both pretty horrendous ... It's like a five year old has been granted the authority to take over the house while his parents are away on vacation. The parents/GOP are allowing bad and even dangerous behavior.

He does not seem like one over age 70, for sure. I wish he would act over 40. :sigh:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Once I saw JFK stare down a media questioner, as if the question asked was beneath the President's dignity. Kennedy just looked at the speaker and said "No, we are not going to do that" End of questions. The media today is acting like it has political authority it was never given. The media is as much to blame as Trump for all the unwanted noise in politics.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once I saw JFK stare down a media questioner, as if the question asked was beneath the President's dignity. Kennedy just looked at the speaker and said "No, we are not going to do that" End of questions. The media today is acting like it has political authority it was never given. The media is as much to blame as Trump for all the unwanted noise in politics.

They gave him WAY too much coverage when he was running for president.