toldailytopic: What were your favorite TV series you watched as a kid?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 22nd, 2011 09:37 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Emergency! I'd have to say was my favorite program when I was a kid. I also enjoyed Columbo, McCloud and even The Munsters. I wasn't much of a one for cartoons.

Ted L Glines

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 22nd, 2011 09:37 AM

Twilight Zone, but I wasn't a kid anymore. We did not have TV where I lived as a kid. By 1947, when there were 40 million radios in the U.S., there were about 44,000 television sets (with probably 30,000 in the New York area). Regular network television broadcasts began on the DuMont Television Network in 1946, on NBC in 1947, and on CBS and ABC in 1948. By 1949, the networks stretched from New York to the Mississippi River, and by 1951 to the West Coast. But that was only in the Los Angeles area. No good for a kid living near San Francisco. I must have been 12 or 13 before I saw my first TV set. It was displayed in the front window of our Feed & Fuel Store. People would pause and look at it, shaking their heads at the little round five-inch screen in that great big cabinet. The screen was all fuzzy lines; you could barely see any picture at all. But it was state of the art in 1951. By the time that Twilight Zone aired, technology was on a roll. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I liked the westerns.

Wanted: Dear or Alive with Steve McQueen

Have Gun - Will Travel

The Lone Ranger

Maverick

Branded

The High Chaparral

Bonanza

Rawhide

Lawman

Real Sorceror

(I'm probably showing my young age since all of my favorite TV series as a kid were cartoons. Its even worse that some of them are anime.) :noid:

SWAT Cats

Batman: The Animated Series

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Anamaniacs

Dragon Ball Z

Gundam Wing

Johnny Quest

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
(I'm probably showing my young age since all of my favorite TV series as a kid were cartoons. Its even worse that some of them are anime.) :noid:

SWAT Cats

Batman: The Animated Series

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Anamaniacs

Dragon Ball Z

Gundam Wing

Johnny Quest

SWAT Cats? :AMR:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The earliest show I remember watching (and liking) was Captain Kangaroo. But, my favorites when I was a kid were Adam-12, Emergency, Battlestar Galactica, and Space 1999.

Real Sorceror

SWAT Cats? :AMR:

It was like.....a buddy-cop show, but with cats that flew a jet and fought supervillains.

Swat+Kats.jpg

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Age range?

Knight Rider
The Dukes of Hazzard
A-Team
The Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
Thundercats
He-Man and the asters of the Universe
Transformers
Saved by the Bell
Turbo Teen

I can't even remember the name of all the shows and cartoons I watched as a young child. But I loved them all at the time.

Based on the rest of the list I don't think he's talking about the original.

IXOYE

I remember laying on the living room floor with me padre with fritos and corn chips, watching Lancelot link! A fond memory.

My fave was M*A*S*H

zoo22

I didn't get to watch much TV when I was a kid, but I loved Star Trek. I loved Monte Python. Later, Saturday Night Live and Taxi.