toldailytopic: What do you expect to learn from the upcoming Democratic National Conv

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 4th, 2012 12:08 PM

toldailytopic: What do you expect to learn from the upcoming Democratic National Convention?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here are some thoughts....

- People who oppose Obama are homophobic and racist
- People who don't want to pay for women's contraception hate women
- Democrats represent the 99%
- Rich people stole their money from unsuspecting poor people (i'm still trying to figure out the math on that one) :dizzy:
- Conservatives are war mongers
- Green energy will somehow stop global warming :rotfl:

PureX

I expect to learn absolutely nothing, just as we did from the republican convention.

These things are nothing more that three day advertisements. And both parties will tell the same lies they've been telling for decades: that they care about us. That they want to fix the horrible mess that they've gotten us all into. And that it's all the other party's fault. Lies, lies, and more lies.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What do you expect to learn from the upcoming Democratic National Convention?

Same answer as I'd give for the Republican convention: depends on the commercials. :plain:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That going after our own natural resources means we hate animals.

That taxing job creators into oblivion and sharing the wealth with hand outs actually creates more jobs.

And that Obama wants to recreate America from the ground up literally, only that his idea of how to do that is very different from what America always has been.

Buzzword

Only stuff I already know:
-That Democrats are just Republicans who lie to a different group of people.
-That the old method of waiting until the convention to nominate a presidential candidate was leaps and bounds better than the current ra-ra setup.
-That John Stewart is a GENIUS.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

fool

Hall of Fame
Prince Harry is going to wind up naked in the middle of everything.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, whatever you might learn won't be learned on the Fox affiliate in my neck of the woods. And everyone covered the opening of the Republican convention here. :think:

eameece

Here are some thoughts....

- People who oppose Obama are homophobic and racist
- People who don't want to pay for women's contraception hate women
- Democrats represent the 99%
- Rich people stole their money from unsuspecting poor people (i'm still trying to figure out the math on that one) :dizzy:
- Conservatives are war mongers
- Green energy will somehow stop global warming :rotfl:

Good thoughts, and all true!!!

Especially that last one. It's sad right-wing Americans are the only ones who don't get it--- and are doing the most to cause it by their stupidity.... :sigh::sigh::sigh: :vomit:

eameece

That going after our own natural resources means we hate animals.
Quite true. You do.
That taxing job creators into oblivion and sharing the wealth with hand outs actually creates more jobs.
Quite true. It does.
And that Obama wants to recreate America from the ground up literally, only that his idea of how to do that is very different from what America always has been.
America would not be what it is today without "his" idea.

ragTagblues

That your presidency campaigns are for more interesting than the ones in GB?

That its more about entertainment than actual substance? (Over here we only get the lack of substance).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gee... you guys are no fun. I'm looking for quality wit, sarcasm, and satire. :D

Ask and you shall receive.

Wouldn't it be fun if during Obama's acceptance speech his teleprompter shut off and he was forced to ad lib?
lunapic_134505686919500_1.jpg

woopah

That your presidency campaigns are for more interesting than the ones in GB?

That its more about entertainment than actual substance? (Over here we only get the lack of substance).

I would say Boris Jonhson counts as entertainment :p

2010 was pretty interesting with's unexpected result