toldailytopic: TheologyOnline 2010. What were the highlights and lowlights from your

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 31st, 2010 11:41 AM

toldailytopic: TheologyOnline 2010. What were the highlights and lowlights from your perspective?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Highlight of the year!

Was finally able to take our first family vacation! :banana:

:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:--:car:

We went South Dakota and camped out in the middle of the Badlands :AoO:

Stopped by to see 4 hard rockers at Rushmore :5020::scripto::colt45::BillyBob:

Went to Wyoming to see this guy's :devil: Tower

Then off to Montana for a week with a couple of day trips to Yellowstone to see some :Shaggy::Shaggy: and :TomO: some :cow::cow:

Then it was off for a day of :mario: to the top of the Grand Tetons

After that, we went to Silverthorne Colorado :neck: and a day of white water rafting :surf: through Brown's Canyon

Then on our way home we stopped in :denver: to visit my good friend :knight:

Here are a few pics...

Architect

I graduated architecture school at the University of Tennessee after having been in college for 7.5 years!

And...

I finished my first marathon this year!

It's hard to say which was more exciting, especially since they both happened within a week of each other...

I can't think of anything especially low this year...

Josh

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I graduated with a B.A. in philosophy in May 2010. Got a car shortly after. Finished reading several major works of philosophy throughout the year (including the Complete Works of Plato and the Enneads by Plotinus). Got a job working for the State in July. Been sending out grad school applications for the past couple of months.

Todah

I won't comment on my personal life, it's a mess!:sigh:

Highlight.....getting the Personhood amendment on the ballot in CO.

Lowlight....watching it get crushed once again, despite a more conservative voter turnout.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: TheologyOnline 2010. What were the highlights and lowlights from your perspective?

Highlight?

I found TOL!

(I wandered in with my boots, my guns, my hat, my horse, my whiskey, and a whole desert worth of dust. :BillyBob:)

There is a wise saying that I heard some years back:

Generally, you ain't learnin' nothing when your mouth's a-jawin'.

:plain:

Hmmm...I guess by that I can't say that I've learned anything since my mouth's always been "a-jawin' from the time I rode in. :D

All humor aside (yes, that was funny :mad:)...TOL has blessed my life in a great many ways.

I have learned so much in my few short months here. I have made great new friends and (I hope) not too many enemies. Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got. :squint:

I have made mistakes for which I have begged people's pardon. :Letsargu:

I have been touched by your kindness and prayers when I shared my beautiful wife's story. :)

I have taken into consideration your thoughts and guidance when my children have perplexed me. :bang:

I have ignored your medical advice. :p

I have taught you to always drink upstream from the herd. :vomit: (Don't tell me you forgot...:shocked:)

I have come to realize that the biggest troublemaker I will ever encounter is the one in the mirror that watches me shave every morning. :noid:

In short, I want to thank all of you for everything. You add color to my days. :cheers:

BTW...If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen are defrocked, shouldn't it follow that cowboys would be deranged? :upright:

taikoo

Yup, five times for me!
Now, 13 grandchildren, and,
5 great-grandchildren!
:cloud9:
Happy New Year!

I am going to do it again but I need to let the memory fade a bit more first!!!!!

Happy new year to you too, and congrats!!!

Son of Jack

We had our third child, Micah (Micah 6:8 was our inspiration). Jackson, our first, turned four, and Lorelei, the middle child and only girl, turned two. To top it off, my wife and I celebrated ten years of marriage.:)

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought this was about highlights from TOL itself, and not life in general. :idunno:

Anyway...my highlights and lowlights would be somewhat different if I reflected on my life outside of TOL during this past year.

(Although TOL would still be in there.)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then on our way home we stopped in :denver: to visit my good friend :knight:

Here are a few pics...
I didn't expect him to tower over you that way. Wow Knight must be at least 5' 7" :D

attachment.php

BabyChristian

1. vegascowboy joined :chuckle:

2. After 15 years my son is mentally well due to the meds and his physical health is looking like he'll be cured of his other health issue.

3. Going to be a grandmother again, 3rd one.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My two oldest boys got married to two very wonderful gals.

A huge blessing to our growing family. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.