toldailytopic: Summer vacation plans. What are yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 2nd, 2010 09:52 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm taking a week off to move, another week for beach time, and then me and the wife celebrate our second anniversary in August at a B&B somewhere in the area.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

What have you heard...:noid:

(just never gets old)

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
d2i, Lili & I are going on a road trip!!! Las Vegas one night, San Diego for a week & then Las Vegas again for 3 nights! I can't wait.

Aimiel

Get caught up on our bills, since finally being able to re-finance our variable-rate mortgage and drink some beers with my feets in the kids' pool in our front yard. :chuckle:

Aimiel

I'm taking a week off to move, another week for beach time, and then me and the wife celebrate our second anniversary in August at a B&B somewhere in the area.
Early congratulations to you BOTH! :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have a homeschooler graduating and then our oldest son is getting married in September. Needless to say we are busy but in-between those events we are going to Texas to visit my brother and pick up a car for Mackenzie. Her first car!! :car:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still trying to figure in a trip to Denver, maybe this will be the summer of accomplishment.​

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was going to hang out in the lower level, part underground basement. One might just call it a finished basement; it is cooler down there and all new with a big Jacuzzi bath. Then Bob told me we had to run the air conditioning to keep it dry; I was upset about this underground mess. I had it all set up with best recliners and a nice bed. Good stereo and home entertainment system. Now my plans are shot because it will be like winter down there.

I might just go back to Atlanta where I have the same private scene without the moisture problem, yet it gets hotter there and one has to run air conditioning, so, I do not know what to do?

I have home health services here, so, I might just stay in this room for the summer. I would have to run another internet cable line down there anyway.

It looks to me like I might move somewhere dryer, perhaps into your home. Look out, I might be knocking bed and recliner and all the rest on tow. :)

see ya :chew:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
d2i, Lili & I are going on a road trip!!! Las Vegas one night, San Diego for a week & then Las Vegas again for 3 nights! I can't wait.

Ohhh and we'll be celebrating our 3rd anniversary there, as well as Lili's 2nd birthday.. (How on earth is it possible that my baby is going to be 2?!?!?!!)

Buzzword

Going to camp meetin' next week with my wife and parents.

Tis the same camp meeting my parents and I went to almost every summer from age 0 to 11.
This'll be my first time back since then, for various reasons.

My wife's never been to anything like this, and wasn't raised in church, so it'll be interesting to see how/if she enjoys it.

Plus it's the first time we'll have been in the car with my parents for more than an hour at a time. :cool:

nicholsmom

We are hoping to take a trip down to the Outer Banks for a camping trip. Just have to wait and see if we can swing it.

We have family in NC and will ask them to join us at least for a weekend at the beach while we're there.

Aimiel

We are hoping to take a trip down to the Outer Banks for a camping trip. Just have to wait and see if we can swing it. We have family in NC and will ask them to join us at least for a weekend at the beach while we're there.
NOT a good place to camp this time of year. The humidity can be overwhelming, especially in low-lying swampy areas. Mosquitoes the size of a jet fighter, coupled with sweat, doesn't make for much fun. :nono:

Aimiel

Ohhh and we'll be celebrating our 3rd anniversary there, as well as Lili's 2nd birthday.. (How on earth is it possible that my baby is going to be 2?!?!?!!)
Congratulations to both of you (and your baby). :thumb:

We need an anniversary, birthday and other ANNOUNCEMENT thread... this is FUN!!! :jump:

bybee

Vacation

Vacation

Congratulations to both of you (and your baby). :thumb:

We need an anniversary, birthday and other ANNOUNCEMENT thread... this is FUN!!! :jump:

We are going to Disney world later this month! Hope the Florida beaches can be spared. bybee

Son of Jack

Well, we've already had our vacation. We went to the lovely beaches of the Florida panhandle for a week to attend a wedding (which I had the honor of officiating). We might make a trip up to North Carolina to visit some friends after the newest SoJ makes his/her arrival in early July. Besides that, just watching the grass and the children grow in the backyard.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.