toldailytopic: It's too hot! Or... it's too cold. What type of weather conditions to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 14th, 2011 03:44 PM

toldailytopic: It's too hot! Or... it's too cold. What type of weather conditions to dislike the most?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hate being cold, especially when the cold weather includes snow.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think being cold is better because you can put on more layers of clothing and use blankets to be warm. When it's hot, you can only take so many layers off! :shocked:

Having said that, I prefer summer over winter. Like Rusha, I don't like snow. :denver: :madmad: :denver:

Universalist

I hate heat, and wonder how in the world I have survived Fla. I really prefer the cold weather any day over this, but I don't care for 'heavy' snow either.

:denver:So, give me the cold weather any day. It just feels good and it is easier to keep warm than cool.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
With the meds my doctor has me on when it is below 60 degrees I get cold...when it is above 80 degrees I get hot!

I need to find a place that is 70 degrees year round.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I was growing up, in central California, we were in the middle of a "twenty-year drought." We were lucky if, during the summer, the temps were below 110 degrees in the shade. I cannot stand hot temperatures. This summer's been pretty hard on me. Most of our days have been in the high 80s to high 90s with humidity of at least 50%. I feel like I could just melt away. I'm looking forward to fall because it will start cooling down. But, with the exception of ice on the roads (when I have to drive my daughter to and from work), I love winter. Like Kmo said, you can always pile on more layers if you get too cold. Being a woman, I can't walk around shirtless. And, I won't wear some of the cooler clothing because, in my opinion, it's too revealing.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Both my husband and I spent our growing years in Southern California. We haven't forgotten the extended dry spells. Droughts out there are nothing new. They were having them forty years ago. I remember in grammar school, watching the shrubs in the foothills die of thirst because of the droughts the went on and on. The color scheme when I went hiking on the nature trails was brown on brown. The grass literally crumbled under my feet it was so dry. My husband and I still remember that. We have learned to hate the dryness and the heat. It was a major factor in our deciding to move toward the East and settle in Minnesota. We have lived here for a while now and love it. There are four seasons here. Winter is white. Once the snow melts everything bursts into bloom. There are plenty of flowering trees--pink, lavender, white and a ruby red. Summer is a deep verdant green with a carpet of wild flowers in the shade. Fall is again a riot of color as temperatures cool and bring on the smells of harvested corn in grain elevators and the wood smoke of fireplaces. Droughty Southern California just can't hold a candle to a four season climate.

Last edited by a moderator:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Droughty Southern California just can't hold a candle to a four season climate.

I agree

In Western Pennsylvania, sometimes in the spring and fall the temperatures can fluctuate quite a bit.

Some days I scrape the ice of the windshield at six in the morning on my way to work, but then have the air conditioning on during the ride home.

I have seen days where it was in the mid 20's in the morning, and then the high 70's in the afternoon. Those days are great.

However, sometimes it is in the 60's in the morning, but then drops to the low 20's by the end of the day. Hate those days.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: It's too hot! Or... it's too cold.
What type of weather conditions to dislike the most?

Houston, it's to hot, with a lot of 100+ days.

Too cold? We like the cold weather from the inside, we really miss Metro-Denver, snow and all, we were there for 50+ years; someday we'll move back to Metro-Denver.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's too hot! Or... it's too cold. What type of weather conditions to dislike the most?

Hot/cold doesn't matter so much to me as the humidity. Low humidity and the world is fine...said the fellow living in a terrarium. :mmph:

Alexandros

I hate heat, I get nosebleeds every year summer comes around. I am not made for hot weather, give me -30C any day over +30.

I am used to colder weather, which may be why, when I went to California during their 'winter' I saw people wearing hats and parkas and winter boots because they were having a 'cold spell' of like +15C ....... I could not believe it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cold weather, and humid weather. Humidity makes the hot, hotter, and the cold, colder.

Buzzword

Ugh. Oklahoma is always one extreme or the other.

Been breaking temperature high records lately, especially number of days over 100 degrees, and our humidity has rarely dipped below 50%.

In the winter we always have ice storms...yet Oklahomans NEVER learn to drive on ice!
Probably because it's usually melted by midday, but still.

For me personally, I'd take colder weather anytime.
I actually know how to drive on ice, so that isn't a big deal, and if the power goes out you light candles and grab blankets.
If power goes out in the summer it's just PREPARE TO DIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.