toldailytopic: It's spring break! What are your plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 28th, 2011 08:45 AM

toldailytopic: It's spring break! What are your plans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

some other dude

To repair the darn thing!

31904.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Spring break? When did you break it? I think something's broke in my back yard. The river's running over its banks and giving the cottonwood back there a bath.

We are going to have a barbeque with friends. Roast some ribs on the barbeque and just have some fun. My husband plans to help this friends with some electrical on their house, so he will make some money on the side too.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Remember when you were little and spring break would hit? It was so awesome because not only did you get a week off of school but it also signaled that the end of the year was at hand.

For me... nothing special is happening on spring break but my kids are really excited to get the week off school. And at the end of the week my wife is taking them to Utah to see their grandma so they are excited about that as well.

Aren't any of you traveling anywhere this week?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Remember when you were little and spring break would hit?

Now that is a walk down memory lane. You shouldta said it!
When I was a little squirt I lived in Long Beach, California. March and April were balmy months. We had an Apricot tree back against the old white washed fence. My sister and I would spend our play time under it. During spring break one year we took the candy dots of various pastel shades used to decorate Easter cupcakes and stuck them on that old white washed fence making it polka dotted. Then it rained. I remember how the fence got streaked with color. My sister and I thought it was the coolest thing. Mother wasn't too pleased that her candy dot bottle was half empty!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
if the trees are just beginning to bud in your area
drive south and you will see two weeks of spring in just two days
you should try this at least once
especially if you are in an area that has red buds and dogwood trees

some other dude

Remember when you were little and spring break would hit? It was so awesome because not only did you get a week off of school but it also signaled that the end of the year was at hand.

For me... nothing special is happening on spring break but my kids are really excited to get the week off school. And at the end of the week my wife is taking them to Utah to see their grandma so they are excited about that as well.

Aren't any of you traveling anywhere this week?

Just day trips or maybe an overnight. If I can afford the gas.

Lovejoy

We just got back from a trip to Eugene (it hurt), and my kids are too little to be in school. So, nope.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wasn't planning on doing anything particular...

but now I'm dedicating myself to finding four jobs just to put a kink in cm's mojo. :eek:
:madmad:
I've already got two more lined up, just in case...

Don't be messin' wit my mojo! :sibbie:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I retired Jan. 2010 so I'm always on spring break :banana: surfs up!

The grand kids are still too young to really get into spring break except for playing around the house or park but we have other dates during the summer for grandpa to get in the way...I mean to visit.:chuckle:

Buzzword

My Spring Break was two weeks ago, and my paternal grandfather passed away on Friday, March 18th at the age of 93, after suffering from pneumonia for two months.

He was ready to go, and on a few occasions actually asked my parents to pray that God would take him during the night...only to be miffed when he'd wake the next morning.

My wife and I got to see him a few hours before he went, singing some old hymns (it'd been years since I'd heard/sung "Wonderful Grace of Jesus") and helping him eat supper in his nursing home bed.
He'd been almost completely unresponsive before we got there, but he laughed at our jokes and tried to sing with us through a parched throat.

The memorial service was supposed to be this past Saturday, but last Thursday my dad's older brother fell asleep at the wheel and flipped his car.
He crushed two of his vertebrae and had internal hemorrhaging in his brain until the hospital staff got it under control.
He has surgery scheduled for this Wednesday to have cement injected into his spine to repair the damage.

The service for my grandfather is still pending, though because he donated his body to science there's no real hurry, and my parents are waiting until as many people as possible are available before rescheduling.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I'm a night auditor at a resort hotel on the beach. My plans involve me being busy, very busy. And I work alone. No desk clerk, management, maintenance, housekeeping or security. I do all those jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.