toldailytopic: Is the world going to end in 2012?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 27th, 2011 10:09 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
In the words of one fairly talented, but relatively unknown pop singer from the 80s....things can only get better.

Or not.

One thing's for sure. I wouldn't trust the Mayans....they were real good with the stars, but their people skills sucked....

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
End of the world--No. The bottom will probably fall out of the economy thanks to the likes of Obama.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't wanna be around for the end of the world. You know how it's gonna go? Fire. Not nice.

We're likely to see a preview of the main event because the moon is scheduled to go first.

Global warming alarmists ain't got nothing on me. :D

Jordan Fontenot

Nobody knows when the world will end, and honestly I have no reason to care. I don't care if a meteor hits or if a type A1 supernova destroys the planet or if Elmo rides in on a megazord with all of the power rangers and there's an epic fight between Aliens and the Loch Ness Monster and Baby New year destroys them all with his heat vision, I will be safe in the arms of God enjoying the show. In the end, the end, the earth will be like the chorus of a famous taylor swift song, just another picture to burn.

Jordan Fontenot

Hopefully one thing will end in 2012.... the Obamanation Administration.

I think the world will end in 2012 because of Obama. God'll gather about 8 of us together on a boat with some animals because the world, like the wendy's down the street from my house, is better off being torn down and redone. Unlikely but optomistic case.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Nobody knows when the world will end, and honestly I have no reason to care. I don't care if a meteor hits or if a type A1 supernova destroys the planet or if Elmo rides in on a megazord with all of the power rangers and there's an epic fight between Aliens and the Loch Ness Monster and Baby New year destroys them all with his heat vision, I will be safe in the arms of God enjoying the show. In the end, the end, the earth will be like the chorus of a famous taylor swift song, just another picture to burn.

Bring it Elmo :plain:

come-at-me-bro.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

It will for several somebodies.....at least their existence in this one.

It depends on what one means by 'world'.
Many Christians immediately think of scriptures like Mat 24:3, where the word 'world' is actually 'age/Grk-aion', which can mean 'a period of time as distinct from other periods of time'. This doesn't have to mean the obliteration of earth and heaven.

Some think of verses like 2Pe 3:12, which could be interpreted as the actual destruction of planet earth and all else down to the melting of the very atomic elements.

I don't think that either of these will happen in 2012.
I do think that we are going to see some tremendous events, however, and these events will give evidence to some that the end of the age/aion is near.

MrRadish

The Mayan 'apocalypses' actually represented new eras rather than an actual final end to the world. And there certainly is a lot that could change at the moment.