toldailytopic: If you could be a fly on the wall, so to speak, at an event in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 24th, 2011 11:05 AM

toldailytopic: If you could be a fly on the wall, so to speak, at an event in history, what would that event be and why would you want to observe it?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are a great many (and thank you for selecting this topic, Knight!) at which I would love to have been present.

1) Any given day in 1787 when the U.S. Constitution was being drafted. I would love to have heard the debate and just be in the presense of those great men.

2) It would be a deeply spiritual experience for me to be present at the Last Supper.

I will ponder on a few other moments in history, but for now those are the two that stand out the most clearly to me.

Buzzword

1) The Diet at Worms, equipped with a babelfish to understand everything being said, so I could hear in the speaker's own words: "Here I stand, I can do no other. God help me."

2) The original, opening performances of Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, and Twelfth Night at the Globe Theatre.

3) To see the final fight scene in Return of the Dragon, between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, being choreographed and filmed.

4) Washington D.C., 1963 on the national mall to hear King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

5) August 16, 1988 in Oklahoma City to see my wife's birth, when her parents were both still alive, still married, and still pretty happy with life.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would love to have been a fly on the wall on the Chicago Bears sideline yesterday to see if Jay Cutler REALLY wanted to go back in the game. Or if it was just a case of Cutler being a wuss as usual.

andyc

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Joseph revealed himself to his brothers in Egypt. Or when Haman was told to honor Mordecai.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought of another...

The moment when Moses (with Aaron) saw his adoptive Egyptian family again and asked Pharaoh to liberate the Hebrews.

EMETH

1) The Resurrection
2) The Crucifixion
3) Any other time in Jesus life
4) David battling Goliath
5) Any of Davids other Battles
6) Elijah confronting the priests of Baal
7) The Crossing of the Red Sea
8) Daniel emerging from the lions den
9) Moses at the burning bush
10) William Wilberforce's house to see him receive the news that emancipation had finally been ordered throughout the whole empire

I could go on but the list would be just to long. All of these above are important to my faith.

Nydhogg

I would have liked to raise objections while the Conversion of Iceland was debated.
Alternatively, taking part on the Yule Blóts of Uppsala, circa 800AD.

Or fighting for one of the Heathen rebellions of the 11th century, perhaps under Blót-Sweyn.

Last edited:

Dena

The breakfast table at the white house. Why? To see and hear the Presidential families as real people.

Status
Not open for further replies.