toldailytopic: Do you battle the crowds and try to get the crazy deals at the retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 26th, 2010 11:38 AM

toldailytopic: Do you battle the crowds and try to get the crazy deals at the retail stores the day after Thanksgiving? What is your shopping strategy?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't think you should go anywhere today
stay home
drink beer
and
eat turkey sandwiches
and
hang around TOL

Random

My shopping strategy is to sit down at my computer and search Amazon. I like this strategy because it keeps me far, far away from the angry mobs who would eat me alive over plasma TVs, Spongebob paraphernalia, and Tickle Me Elmos.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I normally would stay far away from the mobs. But I needed to go this morning. Here's my experience...
So, I'm opening up a second Anytime Fitness gym in mid-December. And I need two TV's for a couple of the workout areas. I decided to wait for Black Friday to get a good deal. Target had a special on Westinghouse 42" TV's for $289 each, normally $500. So I got up at 2AM to go stand in line for a 4AM opening. There were already maybe around 1,000 people ahead of me when I got there. When the doors opened, it was a mad rush to the section where those TVs were. People were running past me, rushing to beat the next guy. Last night, my wife jokingly told me I'd likely miss out because I'll let people run by me and not fight them for the deals; and she's right. So I get back there, where a bunch of mad people had already snatched them all up, and others were griping about so-and-so who had 3 TV's...etc. And two nice ladies said to me: "Are you looking for one of the TV's?" I said, "Yes." They said, "I'm tired of people going crazy over TVs. You're not pushing and shoving, so take this one." I got the last one handed to me.

It sometimes pays to be nice (not always, though :chuckle:).

[A heartwarming tale of good fortune, brought to you by :chicken:man and the good folks at Hallmark]

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Awe..... how could they resist a well-mannered chicken? :chicken:
Apparently they couldn't. It also helps that, even though I'm not technically a Master Jedi, I HAVE mastered their art of manipulation. :WA:

I know, I know. And I'm hoping this emotional true story of one man's overcoming-the-odds will bring inspiration to countless multitudes.

BabyChristian

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 26th, 2010 11:38 AM

toldailytopic: Do you battle the crowds and try to get the crazy deals at the retail stores the day after Thanksgiving? What is your shopping strategy?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

HECK NO! Ebay is my place to shop.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Normally, I wouldn't go within 100 feet of any store on Black Friday. But, my daughter's been wanting a lap top for years and she saved her paycheck to get one on Black Friday. She wanted to get the eMachines laptop for $198 but there were so many people in line for that one, they ran out before the sale began at 5 am. So, she went to another line and was one of the only people in line for an HP laptop for $298 (normally $500). I had to loan her $120 to get it because she only brought in $225. But, she got her laptop. She'd better be very nice to me. I will never, never, never ever drive near the stores on Black Friday again, let alone go into them to shop.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they ever have an ALL AMMO 50 to 75 Percent Off Sale anywhere on Black Friday, I may be tempted to brave the crowds...

fool

Hall of Fame
My wife lives for it.
She wiped out the Christmas list.
I stay home and "watch" the kids (sleep while they destroy the house)

Status
Not open for further replies.