toldailytopic: Cranberry sauce: love it or hate it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 21st, 2011 10:28 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Also... do you like real cranberry sauce or that jelly-type cranberry sauce that comes out of a can?

What is this "real cranberry sauce" you speak of? I think I have only ever had it from a can. :)

I like it as is, but I'm not a fan of the "salad" stuff people make of it, with nuts and marshmelllows, and whip cream and whatever else.

Buzzword

Bleh.
I hardly drink the juice, which is the most palatable thing ever made with cranberries, so no touchy on the "sauce".

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't like cranberry sauce. You will never find it on my Thanksgiving table.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes I like cranberry sauce. It's the first thing I go for when sit down for the Thanksgiving day dinner.
Also... do you like real cranberry sauce or that jelly-type cranberry sauce that comes out of a can?
I like both, jelly type and fresh made cranberry sauce. You'll no complaints from me.
People who eat cranberry sauce are not saved.
Really? Well, so it is the same with people who say that people who eat cranberry sauce are not saved; people are not saved by cranberry sauce, therefore, cranberry sauce never saved anybody.

Next somebody will post, "Get saved cranberry pervert." I can't believe I just posted that, the Psalmist of all people.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

Yes I like cranberry sauce. It's the first thing I go for when sit down for the Thanksgiving day dinner.

I like both, jelly type and fresh made cranberry sauce. You'll no complaints from me.

Really? Well, so it is the same with people who say that people who eat cranberry sauce are not saved; people are not saved by cranberry sauce, therefore, cranberry sauce never saved anybody.

Next somebody will post, "Get saved cranberry pervert." I can't believe I just posted that, the Psalmist of all people.

LOL! I am considering puting that quote in my signature: :D

"Get saved cranberry pervert." - Psalmist

I just thought of something regarding cranberry sauce too, it is really good used like jelly on dinner rolls.

Ps82

Love both the jellied and the whole berry canned cranberries. I guess the whole berry the best.

Plan to do a garland of fresh cranberries for a tree this year. Hope it works - love cranberries!

GuySmiley

I like the jelly type canned stuff. But my wife's family hates it. I suppose it depends on what you grew up with.

elohiym

Real. :thumb:

My favorite cranberry sauce is made simply by blending in a blender a bag of cranberries, an orange or two, and some honey.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
We grew up on that canned kind that you have to slice. I hated it when I was a kid but it wasn't Thanksgiving until grandma sliced it in her favorite serving dish and put it on the table. Now I love it in any form but my favorite is the Cranberry relish made with ground cranberries, sugar, apples and oranges and some orange peel added for zest.

Not having cranberry at Thanksgiving is blasphemy.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cranberry sauce--depends. If it has a ton of that high fructose corn syrup in it, I hate it. High Fructose Corn Syrup is just nasty tasting and nastifies anything it touches.

Last edited by a moderator: