ECT ...to which the Law and the Prophets testify, Rom 3.

Interplanner

I hope those who see nothing in the OT about the Gospel of Christ's righteousness will absorb this line. It's all there. Law and Prophets. Not just exilic and post-exilic prophets.

Danoh

Yep; the righteousness of God in His Son.

Though obviously, not only was Paul saved under it, but was preaching it before he wrote his first Epistle.

Interplanner

The law and prophets gave witness to the righteousness of God.
BUT NOW, as Romans was written, the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW was manifested.

Right, God has provided it in Christ apart from human effort, without humans practicing the law. That was testified to in the law and prophets. That's how he uses the twin pictures from Deuteronomy; only Christ has gone down into the abyss to get rid of the debt of sin; only Christ can go up to the presence of the Father.

Interplanner

It is not that God decided to change programs from a theocratic Israel to the mission of the Gospel during Christ's ministry. He always was going to the nations, but he wanted as many in Israel to help as possible. Thus Pentecost, Acts 15 and 26 show the mission to be the direction of the whole work of God during this time. Amos 9 is quoted because the mission shows through in it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The law and prophets gave witness to the righteousness of God.
BUT NOW, as Romans was written, the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW was manifested.

The Law of Moses was temporary. It was only valid until Christ came as a man.

Galatians 3:19: "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come..."

In Paul's day Christ had already come and the Mosaic law was no longer valid, so obviously righteousness had to be without the law. The law had come and gone. Animal sacrifices were no longer required.

Interplanner

The Law of Moses was temporary. It was only valid until Christ came as a man.

Galatians 3:19: "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come..."

In Paul's day Christ had already come and the Mosaic law was no longer valid, so obviously righteousness had to be without the law. The law had come and gone. Animal sacrifices were no longer required.

The law is still valid on ethical things (I Tim 1), but it was never an alternate to faith in Messiah for justification from our sins. The ceremonial and dietary especially tended to be used to 'obligate' God to accept a person. The Promise about Christ preceded it; it was Judaism which 'voided and replaced' the Promise with the Law, Gal 3:17. It was Paul's career goal to straighten that out.

Danoh

Surely not, that would be foolish.

That is what Interplanner meant.

And he is off...as usual...

He is reading his misunderstanding of Romans 4, etc., into things...as usual.

When in effect; the Law was not a one way street.

Rather; the obligation worked both ways.

If ye will, then I will...and...if I will, then He will...if ye will not, then I will not...and...if I will not, then He will not...

The issue being one of the heart from which the Israelite carried out his part of that equation.

God and the Israelite were both obligated to their respective obligation under that system...

DAN P

I hope those who see nothing in the OT about the Gospel of Christ's righteousness will absorb this line. It's all there. Law and Prophets. Not just exilic and post-exilic prophets.

Hi and here is a better translation of Rom 3:21 , But now apart from ( the ) LAW , God's righteousness has Been Made Manifested , Being Witnessed by the Law and Prophets !!

31 Just where is the Gospel of Christ mentioned in this verse ??

#2 , All of chapter 3 is talking about the Law and Jews , Circumcision !!

#3 , The verb " has been Manifested " is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and means that from the giving of the Law has lasted for 1600 years which includes the Gospels of Matt-John and Acts !!

#4 And the second verb is BEING WITNESSED / MARTYREO , by those that were under the Law and the Prophets during Christ , time , like John the Baptist the LAST of the O T Prophets !!

And we know that what happened at Pentecostal will really come to PASS during the Great Tribulation Mark 16:15-18 !!

The GAP has been filled by the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and here is a better translation of Rom 3:21 , But now apart from ( the ) LAW , God's righteousness has Been Made Manifested , Being Witnessed by the Law and Prophets !!

31 Just where is the Gospel of Christ mentioned in this verse ??

#2 , All of chapter 3 is talking about the Law and Jews , Circumcision !!

#3 , The verb " has been Manifested " is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and means that from the giving of the Law has lasted for 1600 years which includes the Gospels of Matt-John and Acts !!

#4 And the second verb is BEING WITNESSED / MARTYREO , by those that were under the Law and the Prophets during Christ , time , like John the Baptist the LAST of the O T Prophets !!

And we know that what happened at Pentecostal will really come to PASS during the Great Tribulation Mark 16:15-18 !!

The GAP has been filled by the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p

You are confused.

Rom. 3:21 forward is the righteousness of God WITHOUT the Law.

So much for your over reliance on the Greek alone.

In one way or another, some simply make it impossible to witness a so called united front with them.

DAN P

You are confused.

Rom. 3:21 forward is the righteousness of God WITHOUT the Law.

So much for your over reliance on the Greek alone.

In one way or another, some simply make it impossible to witness a so called united front with them.

Hi and I am correct GRASSHOPPER and read Rom 3 and that it is talking about !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and I am correct GRASSHOPPER and read Rom 3 and that it is talking about !!

dan p

No, bro - Romans 3:21 forward is NOT about the Circumcision.

But bring it on; let's explore each our understanding.

But towards that alone - NOT in the sense of some competition between us.

Surely you must be familiar by now with the much weariness of the flesh.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

DAN P

No, bro - Romans 3:21 forward is NOT about the Circumcision.

But bring it on; let's explore each our understanding.

But towards that alone - NOT in the sense of some competition between us.

Surely you must be familiar by now with the much weariness of the flesh.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Hi GRASSHOPPER , read Rom 3:1 , 13 ,15 , 19 and I will expand your Head and hurt you just a little bit !

Remember , do not go to BED angry or you are sinning and that is bad for you !!

dan p!

dan p

Danoh

Hi GRASSHOPPER , read Rom 3:1 , 13 ,15 , 19 and I will expand your Head and hurt you just a little bit !

Remember , do not go to BED angry or you are sinning and that is bad for you !!

dan p!

dan p

You win DP.

Ah one sidedness...

Yep; I'm the problem.

:doh:

DAN P

You win DP.

Ah one sidedness...

Yep; I'm the problem.

:doh:

Hi and I believe that Paul to preach to the children of Israel and to Kings and finally to complete the word of God to GENTILES and he was statying on one side , dispensationalist , and thats where I want to be as I will be judged by Paul's Gospel at the BEMA SEAT !!

I will put in a word for you as you are probably a Moderate !!

dan p