"This sad, embarrassing wreck of a man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Conservative columnist George Will on Tuesday called President Trump a "sad, embarrassing wreck of a man" in criticizing his performance at this week's summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Will said Republicans should be embarrassed by Trump's remarks at the summit Helsinki, Finland, in which he attacked the special counsel investigation into Russia's interference in the presidential election, let various comments by Putin stand without question and cast doubt on the findings of U.S. intelligence agencies, seemingly putting equal weight on the word of the Russian leader.

Trump sought to walk back some of his remarks on Tuesday, saying he misspoke at the press conference.

"America’s child president had a play date with a KGB alumnus, who surely enjoyed providing day care," Will writes in a Washington Post column. "It was a useful, because illuminating, event: Now we shall see how many Republicans retain a capacity for embarrassment."

Will writes that Trump, "who bandies the phrase 'America First,'” put himself first and the U.S.'s interests last during his time spent with Putin.
"Americans elected a president who — this is a safe surmise — knew that he had more to fear from making his tax returns public than from keeping them secret," Will writes. "The most innocent inference is that for decades he has depended on an American weakness, susceptibility to the tacky charisma of wealth, which would evaporate when his tax returns revealed that he has always lied about his wealth, too.

"A more ominous explanation might be that his redundantly demonstrated incompetence as a businessman tumbled him into unsavory financial dependencies on Russians. A still more sinister explanation might be that the Russians have something else, something worse, to keep him compliant."

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...l-calls-trump-sad-embarrassing-wreck-of-a-man

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Will was a little premature on that point.

Trump is now walking back his walked back walk backs! :noway:

Trump's story on pretty much everything, depends on where he is, and to whom he is talking. If the firestorm continues, you'll see at least three more contradictory versions before it's over.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sorry gramps, as usual you're confused

my post, of which you quoted and responded to half, contained a second part

perhaps if you put on your bifocals you'll see it

here's a hint - it's a link

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Fluffbutton is frothing, again)

Sorry gramps, as usual you're confused

Doesn't seem like that. You're thrashing around mostly because I've cited facts. BTW, I just learned that I'm going to be a grandpa again. It's a blessing. If you turn yourself around, you might experience it someday.

my post, of which you quoted and responded to half, contained a second part

Yep. But your first part was funny enough to make it useful.

perhaps if you put on your bifocals you'll see it

After I turned 70, I need glasses full time to read. It's part of aging. So is a certain amount of equanimity. It will do you good, assuming you don't have a fatal conniption before you get there.

it's a link

The links aren't nearly as much fun as the rest of your fluffbuttonery. Sorry.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another Donaldtrump thread?

Blabla, you're obsessed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.