TheologyOnLine.com or TruthSmack.com?

TheologyOnLine.com or TruthSmack.com?

• TheologyOnLine

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • TruthSmack

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Sozo

I prefer to stay Theologyonline, because it sounds better from a marketing standpoint. However, it would help to maintain Truthsmack as a bi-line for the same reason.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sozo

I prefer to stay Theologyonline, because it sounds better from a marketing standpoint. However, it would help to maintain Truthsmack as a bi-line for the same reason.
I am not going to get rid of either name.... I am just curious as to all of your opinions.

drbrumley

TheologyOnline. Does more for the cause then Truthsmack will ever do. And yes I like Truthsmack.com

ShadowMaid

Well, some of the teen sites I'm apart of, wouldn't think theology is interesting, so normally I use Truthsmack.com. But all in all, Theologyonline... just fits IMHO.

C

cattyfan

keeping it as Theology On Line will ensure when people do general searches on theology. That's how I found your site.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Theologyonline is much more descriptive of what this site is about.

'Truthsmack' sounds like a gay biker site.

Add Yasaf knows about those things better than me.....

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I like both, but I agree with cattyfan, someone doing a search for "theology" is more likely than someone doing a search for "truth." Plus, I like TOL. I don't know why. Maybe because our posters came up with that themselves...or at least I think they did. Knight?

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmm, I like Theologyonline better than Truthsmack, but I'm not sure which one fits better.

OMEGA

Billy Bob said :

-------------------------------------------------

QUESTION :

What would happen if Billy Bob went up to a Gay Biker

who was Lactose Intolerant

and called him a NON DAIRY QUEEN ?

--------------------------------------------------

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by OMEGA

Billy Bob said :

-------------------------------------------------

QUESTION :

What would happen if Billy Bob went up to a Gay Biker

who was Lactose Intolerant

and called him a NON DAIRY QUEEN ?

--------------------------------------------------

I'd be laughing too hard to say it! :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: TheologyOnLine.com or TruthSmack.com?

Originally posted by Knight

Which domain name is most fitting for this website?
Are you modifying the primary purpose of the site?

If not, then I'd suggest sticking with the first name.

If you're going to turn it into a "free-for-all" on those who disagree with you (what I think of when I read "truthsmack"), then go with the second.

IMO, if you pursue the second path, after an intial increase, I think your participation will drop off significantly as the novelty wears off .

the Sibbie

I like TruthSmack and since this site is probably unique compared to other theology forums, I think it may be more fitting. But I always call it TOL...it's just a reflex. And I agree with the others that calling it TheologyOnline would make it easier to find on the net.

prayzgod

I definatly prefer theologyonline, however I like that there is truthsmack too. In fact, in refering someone to this site today, I knew they probably wouldn't be interested, if I called it "theologyonline", but calling it "truthsmack" would get her curiosity going, so I called it truthsmack.com .

SOTK

Re: TheologyOnLine.com or TruthSmack.com?

Originally posted by Knight

Which domain name is most fitting for this website?

I like TOL the best. Although I think Truthsmack is fun, TOL seems more appropriate and would draw the most people searching for a site of this type. :)

SOTK