The Way That Seems Right, But Leads to Death, Proverbs 14:12

Robert Pate

Banned
"There is a way that seems right unto a man: but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12.

The way that seems right to a man are the ways of religion. All religions are appealing to the flesh. This is why people are drawn to them, but they are the ways of death.

CALVINISM: Calvinist believe that they are special, "I was chosen by God before the foundation of the world" therefore I am something special. "God chose me and damned you to hell". The Pharisees also believed that they were God's special chosen ones. Jesus referred to them as hypocrites, snakes, sons of hell, etc.

CATHOLICISM: Catholicism is very appealing to the flesh. If you enjoy a lot of religious activity and things to do then you should join the Catholic church. They are busy, busy, busy trying to please God by their works. Catholics believe that they can participate in their salvation by what they do and by what they have become. It is the way of death.

PENTECOSTALISM: If you enjoy going to Disney Land you will enjoy being a Pentecostal. They are having a miracle a minute, not to mention visions and other mystical experiences. Many Pentecostals believe that you must speak in tongues or you are not saved. Pentecostalism is an off shoot of Catholicism. Many Pentecostals are also Catholics.

All of these religions are appealing to the flesh. This is why people are drawn to them, but they are not of God and are anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. One of the reasons that the Holy Spirit is given to those that have come to Christ to be saved by him, is to keep them from being drawn off into these false religions.

"But when the comforter (Holy Spirit) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME" John 15:26.

All religions have one thing in common, they are all very subjective. They are about you. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not about us, it is about Jesus Christ and his work of redemption.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF" (nor will one that posses the Holy Spirit) John 16:13.

If it is about you, then it is not of the Holy Spirit, simply because the Holy Spirit does not speak of himself. This is why Paul said,

"For we preach not ourselves, BUT CHRIST JESUS THE LORD: and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake" 2 Corinthians 4:5.

The focus of all religions is you. All that Calvinist can talk about is that they have been predestinated. Predestination is the foundation of their doctrine, when Jesus Christ should be the foundation of their doctrine and faith.

He (the Holy Spirit) SHALL GLORIFY ME (Christ), for he shall receive of mine (the Gospel) and shall show it unto you" John 16:14.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to reveal the Gospel to the believer. Unfortunately many are so caught up in their religion that they there is no time to learn anything about Christ and his Gospel. Not only that, it is not about them, its about Jesus Christ, who to them is boring.

Jesus Christ is the one that fulfilled God's Holy Law, Matthew 5:18. Jesus Christ is the one that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus Christ is the only one that God accepted into heaven, having defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Jesus is the one that saves and saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and salvation. Your focus should be on Christ and his Gospel and not the way of death, which is your religion.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Our salvation is totally and completely outside of us.

So what is your reason for posting if it is decided for us?

You claim people must call on the Lord and do other things.

If salvation is outside of us then why do you criticize Calvinists?

They say the same thing.

Robert Pate

Banned
So what is your reason for posting if it is decided for us?

You claim people must call on the Lord and do other things.

If salvation is outside of us then why do you criticize Calvinists?

They say the same thing.

Nothing is our until it is received by faith.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

You have to believe on him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing is our until it is received by faith.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

You have to believe on him.

Oh, so we are not saved by the doing and dying of Jesus, you say we must do our part.

I agree, we must do our part, no one can do it for us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Our part is to believe on him, plus nothing.

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

We must make the effort to listen to a preacher and then to check out what he says.

We must then petition the Father for repentance.

Robert Pate

Banned
"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

We must make the effort to listen to a preacher and then to check out what he says.

We must then petition the Father for repentance.

Don't listen to anyone. Just read the Bible. No, don't petition the Father for repentance.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have your ideas and Paul had his.

"How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14)

You are very selective with scripture. I think most of it you reject.

You have had enough light to light a city, yet you remain in darkness.

jsanford108

Pateism: Believing that you are always right. Dismissing logic, definitions, rational thought, and any and all evidence that goes against your doctrines (but insist that you don't have doctrine, just faith). And remember, Pate is always right.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

When will you learn?

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2005:
"Grace belongs to the supernatural order, grace escapes our experience and cannot be known except by faith. We cannot therefore rely on our feelings or our works to conclude that we are justified and saved."

Robert Pate

Banned
When will you learn?

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2005:
"Grace belongs to the supernatural order, grace escapes our experience and cannot be known except by faith. We cannot therefore rely on our feelings or our works to conclude that we are justified and saved."

I don't believe anything written by the Catholic church. I have a KJV Bible that is the word of God.