The War Between the Spirit of Jezebel and the Spirit of Elijah

northwye

The War Between the Spirit of Jezebel and the Spirit of Elijah

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Malachi 4: 5-6

The Jezebel spirit is increasing now that a spirit opposing that Jezebel spirit is rising. The opposition to political correctness used by the Left is beginning to spread out of a small minority. This is going on at the physical or political level. The very recent vote to leave the European Union by the British people could turn out to become part of this physical-political level opposition to political correctness. Political correctness is a deceptive wrecking machine created to diminish and then destroy the Christian, individualized dominance in Western Culture, and replace it by a collectivist totalitarian regime. A growing number of people are beginning to see that the increasingly totalitarian European Union is like the old Soviet Union moved west into Europe. And some are saying that Dr. Angela Merkel may be achieving what Hitler failed to do, unite Europe. She is doing it without war, so far. Guess who wants to become Merkel's counterpart in the U.S.

There is a spiritual level to the increasing of the Jezebel spirit and the rise out of a very small minority an opposition to the Jezebel spirit and to the falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4 by the multitude.

In I Kings 19: 1–2: “Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, "So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow."

To escape from the death threat by Jezebel, Elijah went a day’s journey into the wilderness and sat down under a juniper tree, and "...he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers." (I Kings 19: 4)

"And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat...........And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God. 9. And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
10. And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away." I Kings 19: 5, 8-10

Elijah told God that he believed he, Elijah, was the only one left, and the minions of Jezebel were out to kill him too.

But God answered Elijah in I Kings 19: 18, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him."

Paul quotes I Kings 19: 18 in Romans 11: 4, and in Romans 11: 5 Paul says "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

Paul talks about the remnant in Romans 9: 27 where he quotes Isaiah 10: 22-23, "For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness. 23.For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land."

The sending of Elijah the prophet before the Day of the Lord in Malachi 4: 5-6 refers to the spirit of Elijah in the remnant of that time. That remnant can be seen in Revelation 11: 3-12. In Revelation 11: 6, for example, it says "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:..." In I Kings 17: 1 Elijah said to Ahab, "As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain, these years, but according to my word." This is a reference to the spirit of Elijah in the end time remnant.

Then in Revelation 11: 7-10 the beast of the bottomless pit "kills" the remnant, the Two Witnesses - the two martus, the two martyrs - whose dead bodies are said to lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt (Revelation 11: 8), and the earth dwellers rejoice that they are dead. The earth dwellers are those in the spiritual state of the natural or unregenerate man of I Corinthians 2: 14, who does not understand the things of the Spirit.

But are they physically dead? "And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them." Revelation 11: 11

The spirit of life from God enters into the remnant of the end time.

"The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid." Zephaniah 3: 13

"These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God." Revelation 14: 4-5

The remnant in Revelation 12: 17 can be seen as being the remnant in the spirit of Elijah opposing the spirit of Jezebel in the end time:

"And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12: 14-17

The false prophets are the minions of the serpent-dragon who metaphorically casts a flood (of lies) out of his mouth after the woman and goes to make war with the remnant who have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Politically at the physical level this battle is between the forces of Leftist political correctness out of Transformational Marxism - the wrecking machine of the Western Christian-Individualist dominance - and the rising opposition to political correctness.

Of course, the rising opposition to political correctness on the physical or political-cultural level is not the same as the opposition in the spiritual between the remnant with the spirit of Elijah and the false prophets and their followers.

Explicitly making them one and the same brings on confusion. For example, some dispensationalists are saying things that place them on the side of the opposition to political correctness of the current Left. The spiritual remnant would not see dispensationalists as being part of the spirit of Elijah. The dispensaionalists may look for a literal Elijah as one of the Two Witnesses, and dispensationalism does not acknowledge that there is such a remnant in the so called church age.

And - there is not a great deal of clear evidence in 2016 that those of an increasing minority who are politically opposing the Jezebel spirit in political correctness are aware that much of present day evangelical Christianity is off in false doctrines and is not part of the remnant in the spirit of Elijah.

Last edited: