The verse that made Flat-Earthers fall flat

Samie

CJB Job 26:10 He fixed a circle on the surface of the water, defining the boundary between light and dark.

The sunset line could only be a circle if the world is round instead of flat.

Hello, flat-earthers....

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
CJB Job 26:10 He fixed a circle on the surface of the water, defining the boundary between light and dark.

Hello, flat-earthers....

I said
Very good. Personally I don't care one way or the other. But you had evidence from the Word. And that is the right way to claim anything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Hello, flat-earthers....
Nice try for an amateur !!!

You see, God and Isaiah knew the difference between a ball and a circle. Flat Earth is a CIRCLE. What else you got? You started a thread for one bad interpretation on your part? :rotfl:
0b2f4bf67f423125fa41608e980bf0c5.jpg
81c142fceb977ec4a2eec4c2aff4ebb4.jpg

8eccf0200e7ef71026027711fb435fa3.jpg
de394b9ebc6d77998d238957827089ae.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
New King James Version is for fools and simple minded folks . They change words left and right.

Job 26 - KJV -
But Job answered and said,

2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?

3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?

4 To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?

5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.

6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.

9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.

10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.

13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Samie

Nice try for an amateur !!!

You see, God and Isaiah knew the difference between a ball and a circle. Flat Earth is a CIRCLE. What else you got? You started a thread for one bad interpretation on your part?
When light from the sun strikes the earth, the other half is always lighted which is the daytime part, and the other part is not lighted which is the night time part. The boundary between the daytime part and the nighttime part is the sunset line that forms a great circle around the globe, if the earth is round or ball-shaped. But if the earth is flat, no such circular boundary could exist.

Scriptures say that the sunset line is a circle, ERGO, the earth is ball-shaped instead of flat.

Hello, flat-earthers...

Samie

ESV Job 26:10 He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.

KJV Job 26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

NAS Job 26:10 "He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness.

NKJ Job 26:10 He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness.

Samie

When light from the sun strikes the earth, the other half is always lighted which is the daytime part, and the other part is not lighted which is the night time part. The boundary between the daytime part and the nighttime part is the sunset line that forms a great circle around the globe, if the earth is round or ball-shaped. But if the earth is flat, no such circular boundary could exist.

Scriptures say that the sunset line is a circle, ERGO, the earth is ball-shaped instead of flat.

Hello, flat-earthers...
It is easy to visualize a miniature of this phenomenon: Use a flashlight as the light source (sun), and a basket ball as the earth. Turn the flash light on. The other side of the ball will be lighted the other half is not. The boundary between the lighted part and the dark part is a circle around the ball. This is the equivalent of the sunset line in a globe-shaped earth.

Now do the same to a circular flat sheet. What happens?

Hello, flat-earthers...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Hello, flat-earthers...
Nope, that's your faulty NKJV look it up in KJV or Hebrew etc. This thread is over, I had a Biblical Thread already where were you then? The link is below and it blows your premise away with tons of scripture. You found one altered bogus translation of one scripture and you think you've proven a globe? :crackup: Put this stuff in Dave's thread part 2 that's been going for years. Why did you start a thread for this nonsense? I'm just going post scripture after scripture here until you're blue in the face.

Samie

You cannot refute the simple flashlight & basket ball experiment, can you, PJ? No, you just can't. All you can do is deny. But denial of a simple proof against your flat earth nonsense does not make your nonsense true.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
High Altitude Balloon Proves Flat Earth With Small & Close Sun
From Video Description : The horizon always appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around the observer regardless of altitude. All amateur balloon, rocket, plane and drone footage show a completely flat horizon over 20+ miles high. Only NASA and other government “space agencies” show curvature in their fake CGI photos/videos.

glorydaz

New King James Version is for fools and simple minded folks . They change words left and right.

Job 26 - KJV -
But Job answered and said,

2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?

3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?

4 To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?

5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.

6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.

7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.

9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.

10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.

11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.

13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Fools and simple minded? Really? :rolleyes:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Fools and simple minded? Really? :rolleyes:
That's my opinion, have you seen how many words they've changed? I may have exaggerated a bit. Personally, I'll never use it to read from.

I mean c'mon, they say "circular horizon" that in itself is an oxymoron. Horizons are horizontal, hence the name. It's not a "Curveizon"

glorydaz

That's my opinion, have you seen how many words they've changed? I may have exaggerated a bit. Personally, I'll never use it to read from.

I mean c'mon, they say "circular horizon" that in itself is an oxymoron. Horizons are horizontal, hence the name. It's not a "Curveizon"

The KJV says "circular horizon"? Where?

Oops, you're talking about NKJ. Sorry.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hello, flat-earthers...
Hmmm.
Well, a sun can only shine on 1/2 of a ball at any given time.
So what would be the need to draw a boundary for it?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

PJ, let's say you have a hula hoop and you hold it horizontal, then put your head in the center of it. Does that make the hula hoop not a circle?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Then your argument above:

Is illogical.

Horizons can be and in fact are circular. Therefore it is not an oxymoron.

Now, PJ, moving "outward" a bit...

What shape is the silhouette of a ball?