The Tough Road Ahead....

Danoh

Both our country and our new Commander in Chief: President Donald Trump, face a tough road ahead.

Google the following words...

"Tough reality check for Trump's pledge of better heartland jobs..."

Good or bad, we are all in for some fascinating times ahead.

This is a like reason I couldn't get myself to be enthusiastic over Trump, more a matter of being adamantly anti-Hillary. We know what she is. But, when all is said and done, we don't know what Mr. Trump is. He has no record that isn't a moving target, has never governed. And an intelligent person pays attention to data, to patterns, history.

Political campaigns are truly a matter of, when their lips are moving, they're lying, promise everybody the moon, at no cost. People will not elect anybody who would campaign on hard, practical truths, and, in this, the people are to blame. If you'll only vote for somebody who tells you what you want to hear, you've trained them to do this. So, we don't know, or at least I don't know, if Mr. Trump's campaign was even serious, whether he will, in the main, just cave in to the Washington machine, whether even his campaign will turn into, "Just kidding." It got another narcissist elected.

Obama's first campaign hoodwinked most everybody. He was really, really good, in my case, too good, too slick: you could tell it was a sham, a fabrication, a sales job, using sales techniques, chants and tickling ears, bigtime. I told people this in 2008, some getting angry, as they wouldn't believe me, that he was just a slickster, a liar, a car salesman. It remains to be seen what Mr. Trump really is, whether he "drains the swamp," "locks her up," "builds the wall," negates bad trades deals, keeps Muslims out, on and on. At least he appears to have a genuine connection to people sterile Obama did not have.

It always remains that you can't know anybody by their lip service, but, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." We'll see, but the pattern of lip service campaigns that are now the established tradition of ear tickling? This doesn't encourage me. At the same time, we need to give Mr. Trump every deference, opportunity and a little patience, and wish him God speed, give him the benefit of the doubt. The one thing I’ve found encouraging is that he was never a creature of special interests, used his own money, and he has all the right enemies, people we know are sleazeballs and more loyal to the U.N. than the people of the U.S. and our Constitution.

But again, we’ll see. Speaking of reality checks, the 15% maximum tax, with the government hemorrhaging debt at the same time, to simply keep operating, somebody needs to explain that alchemy!

Danoh

Yep :thumb:

The truth of a thing is ever made obvious via it's recurrent patterns.

We'll have to watch for exactly that - recurrent patterns.

As in all areas of life...

Fascinating times...ahead.

Danoh

On that other thing - about his never having been a creature of special interests.

Not true. The history is that he was ever the one pulling the strings - they were not buying him - he was buying them - towards pulling off his massive real estate developments.

That is part of that world - where a Developer is his own Lobbyist, and their are ever all sorts of issues and people standing in the way of what the Developer wants to build.

Should be interesting...

Our "Great Experiment" as a country ever in one kind of forward motion or another...continues.

theophilus

An observation...

I attend a small, rural Southern Baptist Church comprised of mostly older Southern Democrats (or so I thought). There were nearly 40 of us at last night's prayer meeting and I discovered they all voted for Trump.

WHAT?

One of the elders said every Christian he saw Wednesday was smiling.

WHAT?

They voted the way they did because they uphold the ideals of the Republican Party.

Prognosticating...

If all the Christians are smiling then we're either all right or seriously deluded. It may turn out that Trump will take over IBM, use "Watson" for nefarious purposes and Mike Pence will be Trump's false prophet.

And there we have the unholy trinity in the same election cycle.

God bless America!

Incidentally, speaking of data, something huge we need to keep our eyes on, those of us outside the Jewish community, those of us Christian, anyway. Mr. Trump promised to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem sometime back. To my mind, it doesn't matter what anybody else says, this is going to be a test of the man, his truth, his spirit and character. Watch that one, as it's a monster tell, one way or the other.