ECT The Spiritually Minded...

Danoh

Thoughts on 1 Cor. 2 and 3.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Whereas those things that man speaks forth through words to other men in general are his own ideas; those things that Paul spoke forth to spiritually minded men, not only concerned the things of God; but in His Own Words.

Note the wording the - "which things also we speak...in the words which...the Holy Ghost teacheth..."

To compare with, there, is to speak forth the things of God; in His Words.

"...comparing (pairing together the) spiritual things (of God) with (His) spiritual" (words) so as to describe the things of God in His Words to the spiritually minded (those who not only want to know the mind of Christ on any issue; but in His Words).

The problem with the Corinthians?

They were carnally minded in where they approached looking at things from.

Result?

Paul's lament in chapter in...

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

This issue - of being yet carnal - is the issue of having failed to mature spiritually to a point where one's automatic focus - upon encountering anything in life or anyone troublesome in one way or another - is the automatic question "what, according to the Scripture, might the mind of Christ be on this issue...in His Words... in the Scripture?

Paul's writings had this very intent in mind - that his readers might have his God-given mind of Christ on all issues.

Another aspect of this is why we so often "fail" to get through to the books based "Bible student."

Their ideas are their own, and the ideas of men.

Whether or not, they quote Scripture.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those with the mind of Christ do not promote evil as good.

You shall not covet.

Jerry Shugart

This translation helps us understand what Paul is saying:

"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words" (1 Cor.2:13; NIV).​

Danoh

This translation helps us understand what Paul is saying:

"This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words" (1 Cor.2:13; NIV).​

Yep.

For Paul is once more merely relating both the source of his words (God-inspired); and the spiritual reality they were meant to convey, or paint a picture of, through said God-inspired Words.

Very similar in "spirit" in "mind" or intended sense; to Peter's...

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Spirit literrally gave them the very words; word order; and sequence they were to use.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Towards describing the things of the Spirit of God; in the Words of God.

As in...

"The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue." - 2 Sam. 23:2

And as in...

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that..." - 1 Tim. 4:1.

That leaves out the endless words of those ever apparantly anemic to simply describing the things of God in His Own Words: The Scriptures.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" - Matt. 4:4.

For "...what saith the Scripture?" - Gal. 4:30.

What saith it?

"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;" - 2 Cor. 4:13.