Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Pope: Mary, I'm Totally Yours

Friday February 25th, 2005. This is show #40.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
Mary said, "My God and my Savior." Do you remember that? That's in the book of Luke, chapter one. The belief that Mary was sinless is not only not biblical but it's perverse. It's a perverse view.
People think the immaculate conception is when Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb and that's not it. ...Look it up in a catholic dictionary. The immaculate conception is supposedly when Mary was conceived in her mother's womb.
The tragedy is to take Mary and use her as an excuse to take your focus off of Jesus Christ. And to express your total devotion to "Mary, the mother of God" - that's dispicable.
To mislead millions of people, especially ignorant people, who think that Mary is, for one, the Queen of Heaven (which, that's only a pagan concept in scripture, the Queen of Heaven) and two, that she is the Mother of God. And so she's worshipped by millions. And no human being who has ever lived is more distraught over that than Mary herself.

Emo

It's a definite tragedy to think that Mary is the Immaculate Conception. She was the chosen virgin to receive the Lord & what an amazing honor it was. It's a shame that they put her on a pedestal that Christ instead should be positioned. She was only human & the Lord is God.

Rimi

This show was so frustrating. I was raised RC and now as a believer in Jesus Christ and His word, I'm fodder for them. RCs will say they don't pray to Mary, then turn around and say, "Well, if you want to get in good with someone, wouldn't you go thru their mother? Well, that's why we pray to Mary! But it's not praying!"

My father has cursed God, cursed me. Then turns around and says he sits alone with my (long dead) mother and talks to her in the evening. I said if she was talking back, it wasn't her. Yeah, that'll getcha an invite back! Ah, well.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The worship of a virgin/mother figure is actually quite old and it's a tradition (like many) the Catholic Church has held on to as a matter of history.

I wonder if the co-redemptrix controversy will be aggravated by the next pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.