ECT The Pharisee analogy

Interplanner

Overusing the Pharisee analogy is like over using the comparison to Nazis.

Lately, I heard one in which the accuser was anchoring it all on the belief that there will be a kingdom in Israel in the middle east of this earth, with Christ on its throne, etc. I don't know where Christ of the cross fit in to that, but he might like to know that a Pharisee belief was also in the arrival of that kind of a kingdom where they would enjoy being superior to the nations.

SaulToPaul 2

Lately, I heard one in which the accuser was anchoring it all on the belief that there will be a kingdom in Israel in the middle east of this earth, with Christ on its throne, etc. I don't know where Christ of the cross fit in to that, but he might like to know that a Pharisee belief was also in the arrival of that kind of a kingdom where they would enjoy being superior to the nations.

So?

The Pharisees refused to believe that Jesus is the Christ. They also failed to understand, similar to you, the two phases of his coming.

DAN P

Hi and Israel was superior to those around them , BUT in Duet 28:13 we see different And the Lord shall make you the HEAD and not the TAIL , But Israel did not HEARKEN unto the commandments thee this day and because nthey had forsaken me , verse 20 !!

And in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM they will the HEAD and not the TAIL !!

dan p

God's Truth

Right. It is why Israel missed their Messiah, they were looking for a King on an earthly throne.

God's Truth

Yet another of IP's many many many threads started showing that he does not believe GOD keeps His promises.

Jesus also said to those blood related to Abraham who rejected him that they were children of the devil.
Do you think Jesus is going to live again on this earth with children of the devil?

Danoh

That IS the sense ALSO of the Eleven, in Acts 1.

As is at times depicted in "the four gospels" their focus there, in Acts 1, is obviously on the authority over others that they will have within Israel's restored kingdom.

His reply to that is two-fold.

One, that it is not for them to know the timing of said restoration.

But two, and more importantly; that their focus during His absence, is to be on the purpose of their given authority: their witness of Him through said authority.

An authority as His witnesses that the Spirit would soon be confirming.

And which the Spirit did...

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

None of which negates said Kingdom would not be restored.

In fact...

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

And that Coming is AFTER what is actually a continuance earlier in Acts 1, of...

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

The better question would be - so what became of said "promise of His coming?"

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8, towards you, IP.

SaulToPaul 2

First coming (spring)

1 Passover
2 Unleavened Bread
3 First Fruits
4 Pentecost

Second coming (fall)

5 Trumpets
6 Atonement
7 Tabernacles

Study the Holy Bible. The Pharisees only saw the second coming, and missed the first coming.

God's Truth

Listen carefully to what Jesus says. He asks whose son is he. Jesus expains that the throne spoken of is about the Son of God and the heavenly throne.

Matthew 22:42 “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He?" “David’s,” they answered. 43Jesus said to them, “How then does David taught by the Spirit call Him Lord? For he says: 44‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I put Your enemies under Your feet.”’

The throne spoken of is the HEAVENLY THRONE of the SON OF GOD, not of the Son of the earthly man.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came and they rejected him. Jesus is sitting on the throne.

Not on the throne of David.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

God's Truth

Not on the throne of David.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Wow. Who is greater? Who is speaking in David's vision? Is it God and David? NO.

Listen carefully to what Jesus says. He asks whose son is he. Jesus expains that the throne spoken of is about the Son of God and the heavenly throne.

Matthew 22:42 “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He?" “David’s,” they answered. 43Jesus said to them, “How then does David taught by the Spirit call Him Lord? For he says: 44‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I put Your enemies under Your feet.”’

The throne spoken of is the HEAVENLY THRONE of the SON OF GOD, not of the Son of the earthly man.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

'until'

Act 3:12 Ye men of Israel
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Interplanner

'until'

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Not 'until' (what's in the minds of D'ists, 2P2Ps), but 'until' the time to restore all things as described by prophets since the foundation of the world. This would be the pre-Israel declarations of Enoch, right? Cp Jude. Nothing about Israel.

This method is the bane of people understanding the Bible. Your system and collection of events is in your mind, so the sound-bytes of the Bible are in servitude to that. The NT is trying to declare a world-wide ministry, a world-wide mission, about the world-wide Gospel, and a world to come, and D'ism is forever calling it Israel, and not evangelistic, and part of--or the end of--history yet to come. All because Darby its founder decided the Bible didn't make sense and "needed" his system to make it work.

God's Truth

'until'

Those scriptures are Peter speaking of the scriptures in the OLD TESTAMENT.

Peter is explaining that that time spoken of had come when Jesus came!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not 'until' (what's in the minds of D'ists, 2P2Ps), but 'until' the time to restore all things as described by prophets since the foundation of the world. This would be the pre-Israel declarations of Enoch, right? Cp Jude. Nothing about Israel.

This method is the bane of people understanding the Bible. Your system and collection of events is in your mind, so the sound-bytes of the Bible are in servitude to that. The NT is trying to declare a world-wide ministry, a world-wide mission, about the world-wide Gospel, and a world to come, and D'ism is forever calling it Israel, and not evangelistic, and part of--or the end of--history yet to come. All because Darby its founder decided the Bible didn't make sense and "needed" his system to make it work.

Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

...which would include prophesies such as:

Psa 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
Psa 89:36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.