The New Kid

gcbdeengirl

Hello, "Hello"!

I am working with a mission start ministry in a small Colorado mountain community.
I have an MA from a Protestant seminary, and would like to pursue an MDiv degree, mostly on-line, from a non-denominational seminary.
Currently, I have an interest in a seminary which is going through the accreditation process, and may be doing so for quite awhile.

My question is: Should I only entertain accredited seminaries for an MDiv degree, and why?
Thanks!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello, "Hello"!

I am working with a mission start ministry in a small Colorado mountain community.
I have an MA from a Protestant seminary, and would like to pursue an MDiv degree, mostly on-line, from a non-denominational seminary.
Currently, I have an interest in a seminary which is going through the accreditation process, and may be doing so for quite awhile.

My question is: Should I only entertain accredited seminaries for an MDiv degree, and why?
Thanks!
Speak to your local church leaders. If you believe you have been called to some form of ministry service they will confirm your calling and assume spiritual care of your preparation.

Accreditation may be a factor in your denomination, or depending on your personal goals, such as seeking academic positions.

Some seminaries will never seek accreditation, yet this does not mean they are sub-standard. For example, have you considered TNARS? http://www.tnars.net

AMR

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
th_Facebook-Welcome-Pages.jpg

fool

Hall of Fame
Hello, "Hello"!
Hello

How small?
How Mountain?

Thanks!

Just do your thing, you have your first job and that's what gets you your next job. The Academics will insist that an accredited institution is the only way but they are just protecting their turf.
This internet thing IS the future.