The new god of 'belonging'

Interplanner

TOL's member Northwye has extensive experience with the people who have attempted to 'fundamentally transform' America (the West really): transformational Marxists in Frankfurt, Columbia U, Stanford U, etc. But one item from his essays and notes on these things escaped my attention until this week: the transformational pressure to 'belong' (to the collective, to the state) truly is the new god in place of the Creator mentioned in the US Constitution, and also to 'cover' for atheism's bankruptcies.

The best illustration of this came to mind when I recalled what Obama said when, for once, he stopped speaking past the American public, and said--about the ACA--'people say I'm for big government; I'm not.' It was an 11-year old trying to speak about space travel, but more to the point, it was a coward afraid of not belonging. How else could you end up with two antithetical positions on same sex marriage in the same year? You simply flit from one fear to another--whomever expresses the pressure of rejection of you the sharpest at the time.

At the same time that the TM's are trying to operate this country on a basis entirely other than the Constitution's, they are seeking to obliterate the category of cowardice by basing all beliefs and values on consensus(es). 'Be a coward anthropogenic climate change scientist; at least you'll have pals at the end of the day!' That's what Obama's 'the Constitution is fundamentally flawed' meant. And how so much shifts when 51% say so.

Danoh

TOL's member Northwye has extensive experience with the people who have attempted to 'fundamentally transform' America (the West really): transformational Marxists in Frankfurt, Columbia U, Stanford U, etc. But one item from his essays and notes on these things escaped my attention until this week: the transformational pressure to 'belong' (to the collective, to the state) truly is the new god in place of the Creator mentioned in the US Constitution, and also to 'cover' for atheism's bankruptcies.

The best illustration of this came to mind when I recalled what Obama said when, for once, he stopped speaking past the American public, and said--about the ACA--'people say I'm for big government; I'm not.' It was an 11-year old trying to speak about space travel, but more to the point, it was a coward afraid of not belonging. How else could you end up with two antithetical positions on same sex marriage in the same year? You simply flit from one fear to another--whomever expresses the pressure of rejection of you the sharpest at the time.

At the same time that the TM's are trying to operate this country on a basis entirely other than the Constitution's, they are seeking to obliterate the category of cowardice by basing all beliefs and values on consensus(es). 'Be a coward anthropogenic climate change scientist; at least you'll have pals at the end of the day!' That's what Obama's 'the Constitution is fundamentally flawed' meant. And how so much shifts when 51% say so.

That was that fool, then; what are your thoughts against the current, even bigger fool in the WH now?

Interplanner

That was that fool, then; what are your thoughts against the current, even bigger fool in the WH now?

That he is not a fool, and doesn't care about 'belonging,' obviously.

The things done by Obama will have horrible effects for years.