the mentally unstable should not have 2nd Amendment rights?

republicanchick

Oh, that's good...

only the "mentally stable" (whatever the heck that really means) have a 2nd Amendment right to own a gun

I guess the mentally unstable don't have the right to protect themselves or their loved ones

according to these anti-gun knuckleheads

As soon as that story about the anchors being killed on TV was aired... CNN (which i watched only b/c Fox was on comm break) was talking about GUN CONTROL...

gee, what a shocker there...

So...

Who gets to decide who is "mentally unstable" and who is not?

the state?

Remember people who have workd for the state... Lois Lerner, Eric Holder.. Sec of State (using that term loosely) Clinton..

Yeh, we want this kind of person defining terms for us, don't we?

Harry Reid?

NEWSFLASH!

We are ALL "mentally unstable"..

we all have a mental illness... (called Being human)

It's just that some of us do not commit

EVIL...

THAT is the problem... Evil, not "mental illness" per se...

yes, we all have mental illness... soul illness... heart illness. . whatever u want to call it... That is why we needed for Jesus to come to Earth and

do 4 us what we could never do for ourslves...

it is people who don't know (really know) JESUS who do these horrible things...

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oh, that's good...

only the "mentally stable" (whatever the heck that really means) have a 2nd Amendment right to own a gun

Do you believe someone who is KNOWN to be mentally unstable, dangerous and violent should have the same rights as everyone else if that right puts others at risk?

republicanchick

i guess the Viet Nam vets who suffered PTSD

and ALL vets do... regardless of the particular war

should not have guns...

yeh, give them a gun overseas, but a soon as they get home, confiscate it b/c they are mentally unstable....

right

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i guess the Viet Nam vets who suffered PTSD

:plain: That wasn't who I was referring to ...

However, if you feel comfy being around some mentally ill nutter who likes to wave around his or her gun while barking at the moon, feel free.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Oh, that's good...

I guess the mentally unstable don't have the right to protect themselves or their loved ones

As soon as that story about the anchors being killed on TV was aired... CNN (which i watched only b/c Fox was on comm break) was talking about GUN CONTROL...

So...

the state?

Remember people who have workd for the state... Lois Lerner, Eric Holder.. Sec of State (using that term loosely) Clinton..

Harry Reid?

NEWSFLASH!

EVIL...

yes, we all have mental illness... soul illness... heart illness. . whatever u want to call it... That is why we needed for Jesus to come to Earth and

+

I don't know how old you are but it was Ronald Reagan than set loose all the mentally ill from institutions and forced confinement because, you know, government doesn't work.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Oh, that's good...

So...

the state?

Harry Reid?

NEWSFLASH!

EVIL...

+

I don't know how old you are but it was Ronald Reagan that ordered "the State" set loose all the mentally ill from institutions and forced confinement because, you know, government doesn't work.

TrakeM

You know, I find it interesting that republicans tend to want more restrictions on voting than buying an assault rifle.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
America's prisons are the nation's largest repository of those with undiagnosed/untreated mental illnesses - most serve their sentence and are released without receiving any treatment.

Its the access to handguns and the assault weapons that allow one disturbed individual to become a mass murderer.

republicanchick

I don't know how old you are but it was Ronald Reagan than set loose all the mentally ill from institutions and forced confinement because, you know, government doesn't work.

he was right to do so.. for the most part... not saying ALL should be "let loose" Obviously, if someone is violent, he shouldn't be..

but you can't force people into institutions just b/c you don't ... like the way they see the world..

no one seems to want to define

Crazy...

and that's not too surprising, because if EVER there was a subjective term that is it..

now if you talk about EVIL... well, that's a different story...

certainly no Planned Barren-head staff member should be allowed to own a gun...

___

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

he was right to do so.. for the most part... not saying ALL should be "let loose" Obviously, if someone is violent, he shouldn't be..

but you can't force people into institutions just b/c you don't ... like the way they see the world..

no one seems to want to define

Crazy...

and that's not too surprising, because if EVER there was a subjective term that is it..

now if you talk about EVIL... well, that's a different story...

certainly no Planned Barren-head staff member should be allowed to own a gun...

___

no guns for me, i'm a kook -

republicanchick

You know, I find it interesting that republicans tend to want more restrictions on voting than buying an assault rifle.

yeh, it's terrible... having to show ID to vote!

can't think of anything more unjust and unreasonable and... just AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!

next time a cop stops u and asks for your driver's lic, just tell him that is too restrictive and you won't do it... see how that works out for ya...

___

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:duh:Federal Law
Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

END of Thread!!!

genuineoriginal

Do you believe someone who is KNOWN to be mentally unstable, dangerous and violent should have the same rights as everyone else if that right puts others at risk?
What if the person is only occasionally mentally unstable, dangerous and violent?

Spoiler
b376edbab7b85f4a09862e50621ec08a.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The only unbiased why to judge someone as mentally unstable is to look at criminal history. There are some, in fact, many psychologists and counselors who would question anyone having a gun.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The only unbiased why to judge someone as mentally unstable is to look at criminal history. There are some, in fact, many psychologists and counselors who would question anyone having a gun.

And thats just it - who gets to define it - look at some of the people trolling here lately - they claim Christians are mentally ill.

Where should the line be drawn, most people get depressed at times, have times of extreme stress or anxiousness, at worst times, most people would qualify as having a mental illness, at some points in their life.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
And thats just it - who gets to define it - look at some of the people trolling here lately - they claim Christians are mentally ill.

Where should the line be drawn, most people get depressed at times, have times of extreme stress or anxiousness, at worst times, most people would qualify as having a mental illness, at some points in their life.

Some have suggested anyone who has been treated with psychiatric medications should not own a firearm.
Look at the increase of the use if antidepressants. my primary said I should try them for sleep??? i said no/
http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-antidepressant-use-by-americans-201110203624
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/a-glut-of-antidepressants/?_r=0
http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...out-americas-endless-pharmaceutical-nightmare