ECT "The LORD hath sworn"

john w

Hall of Fame
"The LORD hath sworn....."

"The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne("thy"=referring to David-David's throne-my note). If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore. For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalms 132:11-14 KJV

Thus, the preceding speaks of David's throne, and its location- David's throne will be located in Zion (Jerusalem), not in "heaven", "the heavenlies", "the third heaven." In Jerusalem the LORD God will cause the horn(power, authority) of David to spring up, per the unconditional Davidic Covenant. And notice it says if "thy children"(not the body of Christ) keep the testimony and the covenant, they will also sit upon this throne=rewards, on earth. Keeping a testimony and a covenant in "the third heaven"? To whom are they testifying in "the heavenlies"? The Davidic Covenant "in the third heaven"? And notice that the body of Christ is also promised rewards, but we are promised this reward to reign with the Lord Jesus Christ from the "the third heaven", from God the Father's throne(which I documented in previous posts).

"The hill of God is as the hill of Bashan; an high hill as the hill of Bashan. Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever. The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them." Psalms 68:15-18 KJV

These "high hills", in scripture, are a symbol of earthly kingdoms of government. The Lord Jesus Christ will dwell on earth, in Jerusalem.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." Isaiah 2:2 KJV

"And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.....And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain." Zechariah 14:9 KJV, Zechariah 14:17 KJV

"Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously." Isaiah 24:23 KJV

"And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem." Is. 2:3 KJV

"So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more." Joel 3:17 KJV

"Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain." Zech. 8:3 KJV

"Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD." Zech 8:22 KJV

"They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:9 KJV

Yessiree, this is the the condition today of "....this present evil world...."(Galatians 1:4 KJV). We are in the millennium!

"The LORD hath sworn in truth..."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

Luke recorded this in the letter because the Holy Spirit moved him to do it.

Interplanner

Yes, moved. But moved to show that it was a valid question, or moved to show that 'it was none of their business' as Jesus' procedes to do and never addresses it again? What does matter in Acts is that 'everything promised to the fathers was fulfilled in the resurrection of Christ' (taught in a synagogue), ch 13's sermon, and that the future promised to the people of Israel was already at hand, ch 26.