The Law Of Christ

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Law Of Christ

Gal 6:2-5
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Luke 12:4-5
4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
John 10:8-11
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Rom 2:12-29
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)
xxx The law of Christ is to walk after the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

clefty

And He commanded that we pray that our flight be not on the Sabbath...that the seventh day be kept Holy...

...this commandment is always left out of these new covenant lists...

new covenant same 10 laws...

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SABBATH
Deut 5:12-14 OLD TESTAMENT
12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall not do any work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your manservant and your maidservant may rest as well as you.
Exod 31:13
13 "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NEW TESTAMENT
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
Heb 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
1 Cor 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
Matt 16:16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:18
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Luke 9:23
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
Luke 14:1-6
1 Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely.
2 And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy.
3 And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
4 But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go.
5 Then He answered them, saying, "Which of you, having a donkey or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?"
6 And they could not answer Him regarding these things.
John 2:12-17
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16 And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
John 2:23
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
John 3:2
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
Luke 6:5
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Rom 14:4-10
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
(NKJ)
xxThe Sabbath is one of the ten commandments that doesnt show up in the new testament as a command. So whether one keeps it or not is ok, as long as he is fully persuaded in his own mind. But its not worth argueing over.

10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.
11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

clefty

NEW TESTAMENT
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."

You do understand how this works yes? Have you heard of lord of London? How about Lord of the Rings?

see the city of London gives him his authority and having the rings gives the keeper of them the power...

Same with the Sabbath...it validates Him as Creator...

Now are you implying He would destroy it?

Would the Lord of London destroy the source of his authority? How about the Lord of the Rings? You think He would melt them down for something else?...

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

You do understand the covenant is the contract...between signers...and the terms are what are negotiated...so the terms remained the same...and it was obedience in all things...

However there was a new Signer added...a messiah...hence a new covenant...same terms but now with the ability to keep them...through that new Signer

Rom 14:5-6

You skipped verse 1...the intro to discussion of doubtful things...keeping Sabbath was not a doubtful thing...but how one fasted...how often does one fast? which day? and thus the discussion that some esteem one day some another...some eat meat some are vegetarian...it says nothing about the sabbath and you are arguing from silence that it does...

Heb 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
being Jews of course they assembled as it was their tradition and custom...even Paul addressed them sabbath after sabbath in crowded synagogues not once telling them to come back tomorrow the first day of the week but the next Sabbath to hear more...

He could have at that point said something about meeting on the Sunday to celebrate the resurrection but he didn't...

1 Cor 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
Matt 16:16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:18
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Not sure why you listed these as Peter held fast to the Law even kept kosher...I mean if compromise was acceptable and things were changed why would he have not compromised and saved his life? But he died steadfast and warned others of the changes to come...

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

Yup...they were keeping all these...so Paul uses "which ARE a shadow"...notice they still remain...and point to the good things to come...Paul didn't write they WERE a shadow...

besides better translations show Paul meant only the body of Christ His church should judge how we eat or drink or keep the festivals and Sabbaths...

Luke 9:23
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
indeed follow Him and do as He did...not once would we follow Him to eat Sunday dinner with Ham...

Luke 14:1-6
1 Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely.
2 And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy.
3 And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
4 But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go.
5 Then He answered them, saying, "Which of you, having a donkey or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?"
6 And they could not answer Him regarding these things.

He not only affirms Sabbath keeping but that it is to be for healing...

Not a peep about it coming to an end...

John 2:12-17
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16 And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
John 2:23
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
John 3:2
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
Luke 6:5
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Rom 14:4-10
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

He affirms and upholds all of it...not one text of "Oh BTW...all this will be done away with"

Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
(NKJ)
yup He made everything then rested and made sabbath too...as a memorial to everything made that He was the creator...you don't think He made the Sabbath to remind Himself Who made everything do you?

He doesn't need anything else...no Sunday celebration for His resurrection...or anything made by human hands...big churches and statues ect...

xxThe Sabbath is one of the ten commandments that doesnt show up in the new testament as a command. So whether one keeps it or not is ok, as long as he is fully persuaded in his own mind. But its not worth argueing over.
arguing NOT to keep it would be silly for them...ya dig?

NOT keeping was never even considered...and I already shared with you that He commanded we keep the Sabbath Holy by even praying our times of trouble would not cause us to break the Sabbath by fleeing on it...

Right there it is perfectly clear He intended Sabbath keeping to continue long after He went back to heaven even...

10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.
11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

Ahhh yes the celts and their long proud pagan heritage...always a temptation to return to...like a dog to its vomit...

But for the people of God there remains a Sabbath keeping...read about it in Heb 4...Paul instructs clearly in verse 9...

Even James His brother upheld that the Gentiles would keep hearing Moses read to them every Sabbath like always...acts 15

"Think not I have come to destroy the Law..." So stop thinking that...and pray your time of trouble not break the Sabbath that remains for His people...that's you yes?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Let me simplify it for you. Let no one judge you about the Sabbath. Don't take a stand. Because whether one esteems the Sabbath or they esteem every day alike its on either way.

(NKJ)

Rom 14:4-6
(NKJ)

Ben Masada

The Law of Christ

Do you guys know what was the Law of Jesus? Christians in general know it but they don't like to hear about it. Why do I say so? Because when I read Luke 16:29-31 for the first time, I soon realized why I had never been told about it by a Christian. Since I never take it from what they say but from what is written, I decided to read the NT for once in a lifetime and behold! My eyes stopped on Luke 16:29-31. The warning of Jesus to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. That's the Law of Jesus.

beameup

The Law of Christ
Jesus was sent to you Ben. His entire ministry was to the Jewish people. He was "under the Law".

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the Fathers [ie: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob] - Romans 15:8

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law [of Moses], so that He might redeem those who were under the Law [that's you Ben], that we might receive the adoption as sons. - Galatians 4:4

Ben Masada

Jesus was sent to you Ben. His entire ministry was to the Jewish people. He was "under the Law".

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the Fathers [ie: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob] - Romans 15:8

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law [of Moses], so that He might redeem those who were under the Law [that's you Ben], that we might receive the adoption as sons. - Galatians 4:4

God does not have an individual son with an earthly woman. This is akin to the Greek concept of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) You are wrong to say that he came to redeem those who were under the Law. The opposite is rather true that he taught to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

clefty

Let me simplify it for you.
simple would be to leave well enough alone...nothing changed...Sabbath was was never an issue or up for debate...would be considered a foolish argument to change that Law...

Let no one judge you about the Sabbath.
right...except the body of Christ...they were keeping the Sabbath

Don't take a stand.
we establish the Law wherever we go...taking a stand against the world is exactly what we wish to do

Because whether one esteems the Sabbath or they esteem every day alike its on either way.

It says nothing about sabbath...but the context shows fasting was being discussed....which day to fast...nothing about the Sabbath...they knew which day that was...

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-too...-course-lesson-12/what-did-paul-really-say-in

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

That is simple...keep the Law...the immutable perfect Law...even as He did...

To Love as He did includes the Sabbath rest...not Sunday Ham

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
simple would be to leave well enough alone...nothing changed...Sabbath was was never an issue or up for debate...would be considered a foolish argument to change that Law...

right...except the body of Christ...they were keeping the Sabbath

we establish the Law wherever we go...taking a stand against the world is exactly what we wish to do

It says nothing about sabbath...but the context shows fasting was being discussed....which day to fast...nothing about the Sabbath...they knew which day that was...

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-too...-course-lesson-12/what-did-paul-really-say-in

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

That is simple...keep the Law...the immutable perfect Law...even as He did...

To Love as He did includes the Sabbath rest...not Sunday Ham

I said
Everyone is under the old testament if they worship in the flesh. But to worship in the Spirit one must leave the old testament behind. And hold to the new testament of Christ. Jesus changed all the laws.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

clefty

The Law Of Christ...
xxx The law of Christ is to walk after the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses.

The Spirit came to them who were keeping Pentecost...even after the cross and after He returned to heaven...

Pentecost when the Spirit came to write the Law in hearts and minds of believers and make possible for them to spread it in other languages...

On the day of Pentecost...the continuation of OT festivals...

Think NOT it was destroyed...ok?

The Spirit will guide you in His path...to do as He did...

beameup

God does not have an individual son with an earthly woman.

Did God have a son with the earth? (a son formed from the elements of the earth = Adam).
If God could create a son using "earth", why wouldn't he be able to
create a son using the "earthly" elements found in a woman's body?

BTW, the "demigods" go back to Genesis 6 and were called "nephilim".
Their fathers were the "sons of God", bene haElohim. No "virgins" involved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Spirit came to them who were keeping Pentecost...even after the cross and after He returned to heaven...

Pentecost when the Spirit came to write the Law in hearts and minds of believers and make possible for them to spread it in other languages...

On the day of Pentecost...the continuation of OT festivals...

Think NOT it was destroyed...ok?

The Spirit will guide you in His path...to do as He did...

I said
You said it they kept the pentecost before they received the Holy Spirit.

John 7:39
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Everyone is under the old testament if they worship in the flesh. But to worship in the Spirit one must leave the old testament behind. And hold to the new testament of Christ. Jesus changed all the laws.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

The law who administered the law not the Law itself...now pay attention...

Nothing in the OT about that tribe of Judah being the priest but now we all are...

Ministering a Law unchanged...

clefty

I said
You said it they kept the pentecost before they received the Holy Spirit.

John 7:39
39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(NKJ)

Ummmm and? He was glorified upon resurrection ready for the first fruits festival which follows the sabbath of passover...Pentecost is counted from Passover and the Spirit descended at Pentecost following Passover...

These festivals were all kept after He supposedly destroyed all this...if He did you would think He would have said something about that...He said think not that

clefty

I said

He didnt say He did...He didn't live as if He did

John simplifies it to "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did."

He never had Sunday ham...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The law who administered the law not the Law itself...now pay attention...

Nothing in the OT about that tribe of Judah being the priest but now we all are...

Ministering a Law unchanged...

I said
Well you do have a right to your own opinion, even if it is wrong.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ummmm and? He was glorified upon resurrection ready for the first fruits festival which follows the sabbath of passover...Pentecost is counted from Passover and the Spirit descended at Pentecost following Passover...

These festivals were all kept after He supposedly destroyed all this...if He did you would think He would have said something about that...He said think not that

I said
If you want to observe them that's up to you.

Col 2:15-16
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)