The Gospel That Makes All Religions Worthless

Robert Pate

Banned
"God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

We had nothing to do with God reconciling us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. God reconciled us and the world unto himself before we ever came into this world. Calvinism does not reconcile. Catholicism does not reconcile. The only one that reconciles is Jesus Christ, Romans 3:26.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

These scriptures refute Calvinism, Catholicism and all religions. This reconciliation was between God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. We had NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with it. Paul makes this clear when he wrote...

"But God commanded his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

Before we were born we had already been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. Before the foundation of the world it was God's plan that all of humanity would be reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

"Accordingly he has chosen us (humanity) in him (Jesus Christ) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love" Ephesians 1:4.

The only way that God can see us as holy and without blame is for God to see us in his Son Jesus Christ. This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

All that Jesus is and all that he has done, is ours by faith. We are complete in him. The law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18. Sin has been atoned for. All that God demands for the salvation of fallen man has been met in Jesus Christ.

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, then what good is religion? If we have already been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then why do you need to be predestinated? If God already sees you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, why do you need Catholicism?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

You have no idea which law Paul was referring to do you?

beloved57

"God was in Christ reconciling us and the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

We had nothing to do with God reconciling us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. God reconciled us and the world unto himself before we ever came into this world. Calvinism does not reconcile. Catholicism does not reconcile. The only one that reconciles is Jesus Christ, Romans 3:26.

"And you that were sometimes alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

These scriptures refute Calvinism, Catholicism and all religions. This reconciliation was between God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. We had NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with it. Paul makes this clear when he wrote...

"But God commanded his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

Before we were born we had already been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. Before the foundation of the world it was God's plan that all of humanity would be reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

"Accordingly he has chosen us (humanity) in him (Jesus Christ) before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love" Ephesians 1:4.

The only way that God can see us as holy and without blame is for God to see us in his Son Jesus Christ. This is why Paul wrote,

All that Jesus is and all that he has done, is ours by faith. We are complete in him. The law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18. Sin has been atoned for. All that God demands for the salvation of fallen man has been met in Jesus Christ.

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, then what good is religion? If we have already been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ then why do you need to be predestinated? If God already sees you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, why do you need Catholicism?

You preach the gospel of mans freewill, salvation by requirement ! Thats a false gospel to say the least !

Bard_the_Bowman

Hey Robert.

How many quotes from the Catechism of the Catholic Church would you like this time to, once again (sigh), show that what you say about Catholicism is false?

How about just a couple (there are more):

"The sacrifice of Christ is unique; it completes and surpasses all other sacrifices. First, it is a gift from God the Father himself, for the Father handed his Son over to sinners in order to reconcile us with himself." (CCC 614)

"Having thus established him in solidarity with us sinners, God "did not spare his own Sone but gave him up for us all," so that we might be "reconciled to God by the death of his Son." (CCC 603)

You know about a lot of things, Robert. But you do not know Catholicism. Your statements about the Catholic Church are consistently and blatantly wrong.

I suspect our Reformed friend's beliefs are equally misrepresented by you.

These scriptures refute Calvinism, Catholicism and all religions.

Ha! Afraid not. Those scriptures are consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church and I bet Calvinist teaching, as well.

This reconciliation was between God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. We had NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with it. Paul makes this clear when he wrote...

All that Jesus is and all that he has done, is ours by faith. We are complete in him. The law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18. Sin has been atoned for.

Ok.

All that God demands for the salvation of fallen man has been met in Jesus Christ.

I believe you will hear a resounding "Yea and Amen!" from Calvinists and Catholics.

So tell me, since all of God's demands for the salvation of fallen man have been met in Jesus Christ....are all fallen men saved then?

Please answer this question, Robert:

Can a person who has heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Robert.

How many quotes from the Catechism of the Catholic Church would you like this time to, once again (sigh), show that what you say about Catholicism is false?

How about just a couple (there are more):

"The sacrifice of Christ is unique; it completes and surpasses all other sacrifices. First, it is a gift from God the Father himself, for the Father handed his Son over to sinners in order to reconcile us with himself." (CCC 614)

"Having thus established him in solidarity with us sinners, God "did not spare his own Sone but gave him up for us all," so that we might be "reconciled to God by the death of his Son." (CCC 603)

You know about a lot of things, Robert. But you do not know Catholicism. Your statements about the Catholic Church are consistently and blatantly wrong.

I suspect our Reformed friend's beliefs are equally misrepresented by you.

Ha! Afraid not. Those scriptures are consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church and I bet Calvinist teaching, as well.

Ok.

I believe you will hear a resounding "Yea and Amen!" from Calvinists and Catholics.

So tell me, since all of God's demands for the salvation of fallen man have been met in Jesus Christ....are all fallen men saved then?

Please answer this question, Robert:

Can a person who has heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

Peace.

What sins? You cannot read and believe the scriptures because you are blind to the Gospel. As far as God is concerned all sins have been atoned for, this is why Paul wrote,

"Not imputing their trespasses unto them" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

No sins can be imputed because there are no sins. If there are no sins that means that your Catholic church is worthless.

Robert Pate

Banned
Exactly! So how can you believe that God imputes sins that were already forgiven in the judgment?

In the judgment no one will be judged for sins. What they will be judged for is unbelief. When they are found to be unbelievers their sins will be imputed back to them and they will be condemned, Romans 4:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
What sins? You said in post #8 that no sins can be imputed because there are no sins.

God sees all things in Jesus Christ. But that does not eliminate the judgment when Christ appears. There are no sins for the believer because the believer is "In Christ".

jsanford108

The Gospel That Makes All Religions Worthless

Educate yourself. Catholics love reconciliation. Once again, you are spreading falsehoods.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1425:

II. WHY A SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION AFTER BAPTISM?

1425: "You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." One must appreciate the magnitude of the gift God has given us in the sacraments of Christian initiation in order to grasp the degree to which sin is excluded for him who has "put on Christ." But the apostle John also says: "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." And the Lord himself taught us to pray: "Forgive us our trespasses," linking our forgiveness of one another's offenses to the forgiveness of our sins that God will grant us.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

fishrovmen

God sees all things in Jesus Christ. But that does not eliminate the judgment when Christ appears. There are no sins for the believer because the believer is "In Christ".

If God sees all things in Christ, then according to your opening post He also sees all as holy and without blame. So what will ever change His perception of people? And what sins will be "imputed" to them?

Robert Pate

Banned
If God sees all things in Christ, then according to your opening post He also sees all as holy and without blame. So what will ever change His perception of people? And what sins will be "imputed" to them?

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished by his Son Jesus Christ. However, when Christ returns there will be a judgment of unbelievers. Those that are not "In Christ" will have their sins imputed back to them and they will be condemned.

jsanford108

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished by his Son Jesus Christ. However, when Christ returns there will be a judgment of unbelievers. Those that are not "In Christ" will have their sins imputed back to them and they will be condemned.

So God is reneging his abolishing of sin? Which would make God/Christ contradict what is stated when Christ says he will separate sin as far as the east is from the west.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

fishrovmen

So you (Robert) have God the Father who sees all people everywhere as being "perfect and complete" (your words) in Christ; God the Son who offered Himself for all people for the forgiveness of sins, but knows that either He or His Father will change their mind at some point, and God the Holy Spirit still " calling people to come to Christ" even though they are already viewed as perfect and complete in Christ?