"The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing But the Gospel"

Robert Pate

Banned
That was the motto for Verdict Publications. Verdict was supported by preachers, seminary professors, Christian scholars and lay theologians from all over the world. Robert D. Brinsmead was the publisher of verdict. There were many contributing writers of Verdict. I was fortunate enough to be a subscriber of Verdict for about 20 years. Brinsmead has retired from publishing, but is still active with his fruit farm in Australia.

The problem with Verdict is that it was not written for lay people. It was written by scholars for other scholars. You could not just skim through it, you had to study it, paragraph by paragraph. Many people that I gave issues to said that they could not understand it. It was basically about what God had accomplished in his Son Jesus Christ on behalf of fallen man. It also called all religions and all religious thought into question. I suppose this is why they came up with the motto, "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing But the Gospel" After studying with Verdict for a number of years I concluded also that it was the Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel.

Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. The purpose of religion is to lead people away from the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ into themselves who are sinners. When a person is led to have faith in a religion instead of faith in Christ Satan is very happy and has accomplished his purpose. If we are going to have a strong faith we must go outside of ourselves to someone that is stronger than ourselves. There is no strength in and of ourselves. Our strength can only come from Christ and his Gospel. All religions have one thing incommon, they are all subjective. Subjectiveism is the devils tool.

The Gospel is good news. It is good news for poor unsaved sinners. The good news is that God has sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to do for sinners that which they cannot do for themselves. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. This life is our life, it is the only life that God accepts. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him. We who believe this now sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil has been defeated. If Jesus did not defeat sin, death and the devil we would all be without hope and lost in our sins. When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. This is why Paul said "I have been crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb we came out with him. In Jesus Christ we have been crucified and resurrected. God now sees us as new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

This Gospel is ours by simple child like faith. We now stand before God as complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. As you can see religion played no part in our salvation. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. It is all of God and his Son Jesus Christ. All that we all called to do is to believe it, plus nothing.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On the one hand, Robert, you complain:
Who are all of those guys at the bottom of your page? Do you follow them also?

Then there is this:

That was the motto for Verdict Publications. Verdict was supported by preachers, seminary professors, Christian scholars and lay theologians from all over the world. Robert D. Brinsmead was the publisher of verdict.
A man known for heresy:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ns-John-8-24&p=4638233&viewfull=1#post4638233

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...Matthew-7-14&p=4485546&viewfull=1#post4485546

http://www.bobbrinsmead.com/t_the_scandal_of_joshua_ben_adam_pt9.html

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned

There were some that also accused Paul of being a heretic and a false teacher. What else is new. John encourages us to try the Spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1. I say read the writings of Verdict and determine for yourself whether it be of God. There is a lot of Verdict on the internet. Just Google Verdict Publications by Robert D. Brinsmead.

Robert Pate

Banned
If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is no longer the Gospel. It cannot be the Gospel plus Calvinism, they are conflicting doctrines, nor can it be the Gospel plus Catholicism, they are also in conflict with the Gospel.

There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies, that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

beloved57

If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is no longer the Gospel. It cannot be the Gospel plus Calvinism, they are conflicting doctrines, nor can it be the Gospel plus Catholicism, they are also in conflict with the Gospel.

There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies, that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You dont even believe the Blood of Christ saved them it was shed for !

jsanford108

It cannot be the Gospel plus Calvinism, they are conflicting doctrines, nor can it be the Gospel plus Catholicism, they are also in conflict with the Gospel.

Proofs? Evidence?

I disagree with Calvin, but I do not believe they utilize a gospel + system. Catholicism does not either.

Do you have evidence of doctrines that support your claims? (I know the answer is no; the question is rhetorical)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Proofs? Evidence?

I disagree with Calvin, but I do not believe they utilize a gospel + system. Catholicism does not either.

Do you have evidence of doctrines that support your claims? (I know the answer is no; the question is rhetorical)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

The Bible supports what I believe.

TrevorL

Greetings Robert Pate,

I was interested in your thread title and your Posts. I feel that I can endorse much of what you say, but with some reservation in that I am not sure of some aspects.
That was the motto for Verdict Publications. Verdict was supported by preachers, seminary professors, Christian scholars and lay theologians from all over the world. Robert D. Brinsmead was the publisher of verdict. There were many contributing writers of Verdict. I was fortunate enough to be a subscriber of Verdict for about 20 years. Brinsmead has retired from publishing, but is still active with his fruit farm in Australia.
Good to hear that he is also in Australia, and I share his interest but I am only on a hobby farm with a few fruit trees.
The problem with Verdict is that it was not written for lay people. It was written by scholars for other scholars. You could not just skim through it, you had to study it, paragraph by paragraph. Many people that I gave issues to said that they could not understand it. It was basically about what God had accomplished in his Son Jesus Christ on behalf of fallen man. It also called all religions and all religious thought into question. I suppose this is why they came up with the motto, "The Gospel Plus Nothing and Nothing But the Gospel". After studying with Verdict for a number of years I concluded also that it was the Gospel plus nothing and nothing but the Gospel.
I am a bit confused here, as you suggest that Verdict was so complicated that few could understand what was being stated. If it is so complicated then it is different to the Gospel which can be understood by a large range of people.
I say read the writings of Verdict and determine for yourself whether it be of God. There is a lot of Verdict on the internet. Just Google Verdict Publications by Robert D. Brinsmead.
Do you recommend that we read and study Verdict seeing it is complicated, or should we simply seek to understand the Gospel with a child-like faith?
Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. … Our strength can only come from Christ and his Gospel. The Gospel is good news. It is good news for poor unsaved sinners. The good news is that God has sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to do for sinners that which they cannot do for themselves. In our name and on our behalf, Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. This life is our life, it is the only life that God accepts. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him. We who believe this now sit in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.
I can endorse this, but possibly if you elaborated I may have some reservations.
As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil has been defeated. If Jesus did not defeat sin, death and the devil we would all be without hope and lost in our sins. When Jesus died on the cross all of humanity died with him. This is why Paul said "I have been crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus came out of Joseph's new tomb we came out with him. In Jesus Christ we have been crucified and resurrected. God now sees us as new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17.
I can endorse this with possibly some reservations. Also I read Galatians 2:20 as not including all of mankind, but especially Paul and all those who seek to conform to his example. Paul not only preached, he showed forth the Gospel by his way of life, and he was reminding the Galatians of why they had accepted the Gospel in the first place. Thus Galatians 2:20 is set in a specific context.
This Gospel is ours by simple child like faith. We now stand before God as complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. As you can see religion played no part in our salvation. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. It is all of God and his Son Jesus Christ. All that we all called to do is to believe it, plus nothing.
If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is no longer the Gospel. It cannot be the Gospel plus Calvinism, they are conflicting doctrines, nor can it be the Gospel plus Catholicism, they are also in conflict with the Gospel. There is only one Gospel that saves and justifies, that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I can endorse this, but with the reservation that the Gospel could be more detailed than you may admit. For example it is summarised in Acts 8:12 as the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ and when they believed this Gospel they were baptised. These "things" seem to indicate that the Gospel is more detailed than your summary, and at least some aspects of the subject of the Kingdom of God are included in the Gospel.

Kind regards
Trevor

Robert Pate

Banned
Greetings Robert Pate,

I was interested in your thread title and your Posts. I feel that I can endorse much of what you say, but with some reservation in that I am not sure of some aspects. Good to hear that he is also in Australia, and I share his interest but I am only on a hobby farm with a few fruit trees.I am a bit confused here, as you suggest that Verdict was so complicated that few could understand what was being stated. If it is so complicated then it is different to the Gospel which can be understood by a large range of people. Do you recommend that we read and study Verdict seeing it is complicated, or should we simply seek to understand the Gospel with a child-like faith? I can endorse this, but possibly if you elaborated I may have some reservations. I can endorse this with possibly some reservations. Also I read Galatians 2:20 as not including all of mankind, but especially Paul and all those who seek to conform to his example. Paul not only preached, he showed forth the Gospel by his way of life, and he was reminding the Galatians of why they had accepted the Gospel in the first place. Thus Galatians 2:20 is set in a specific context. I can endorse this, but with the reservation that the Gospel could be more detailed than you may admit. For example it is summarised in Acts 8:12 as the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ and when they believed this Gospel they were baptised. These "things" seem to indicate that the Gospel is more detailed than your summary, and at least some aspects of the subject of the Kingdom of God are included in the Gospel.

Kind regards
Trevor

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that even a small child can understand it. Jesus came into the world to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves.

beloved57

The Gospel is a very simple message. It is so simple that even a small child can understand it. Jesus came into the world to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves.

False teaching. You don't believe that Christ blood saved them it was shed for.