THE GOSPEL OF THE CIRCUMCISION IS FOR ISRAEL

DougE

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

After a lame man was made whole, Peter preached to the crowd. It was Israel that Peter spoke to.

3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Peter is preaching the gospel of the kingdom, plus Jesus's resurrection, and the gift of the Holy Ghost; he is preaching the gospel of the Circumcision (Galatians 2:7). He is still preaching faith in the name of Jesus.

3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter is preaching the gospel of the Circumcision. He is preaching faith in the risen Jesus, faith in his name, faith in Jesus being the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God. Peter is preaching repentance to the nation, which will result in the coming of Jesus to establish his kingdom on earth; this is the "times of refreshing" and the "restitution of all things". The sacrificial death of Jesus for the new testament redeemed the iniquities of Israel under the old testament (Hebrews 9:15). For Israel their salvation is when Christ comes again, and blots out their sin. In the millennial kingdom on earth (Revelation 20:4-7), Israel will receive the new covenant, forgiveness of their iniquity, and will reign over the nations with Jesus, to be a light to the Gentiles (Jeremiah 31:31-34 Revelation 5:10 Matthew 5:14 Isaiah 60:3).

3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

The gospel of the Circumcision that Peter is preaching is the fulfillment of the covenant God made with the fathers of Israel.

3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

To Israel first was repentance and salvation offered.

God's Truth

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?

After a lame man was made whole, Peter preached to the crowd. It was Israel that Peter spoke to.

3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Peter is preaching the gospel of the kingdom, plus Jesus's resurrection, and the gift of the Holy Ghost; he is preaching the gospel of the Circumcision (Galatians 2:7). He is still preaching faith in the name of Jesus.

3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter is preaching the gospel of the Circumcision. He is preaching faith in the risen Jesus, faith in his name, faith in Jesus being the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of God. Peter is preaching repentance to the nation, which will result in the coming of Jesus to establish his kingdom on earth; this is the "times of refreshing" and the "restitution of all things".

Jesus coming the first time was prophesied and is the time of refreshing. Jesus coming again is the time of judgment and wrath.

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

In Isaiah we read about the time of refreshing.
In 1 Corinthians 14:21 Paul explains that it is fulfilled.

"In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord."

When Jesus comes again it will be time for judgment and wrath.

1 Corinthians 15: 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The sacrificial death of Jesus for the new testament redeemed the iniquities of Israel under the old testament (Hebrews 9:15). For Israel their salvation is when Christ comes again, and blots out their sin.

Jesus came the first time to bear sin. He isn't going to come again to bear sin.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

God's Truth

This passage in Acts is about Jesus being explained to the Israelites.

Acts 3:17“Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

We can see from the scriptures that speaking in tongues was prophesied about in the Old Testament, that the Lord would speak to the Jews, as stated in Isaiah 28. In the New Testament, we can see that this is a fulfilled prophecy, as confirmed by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

It is a time of refreshing when one is saved, they receive the Holy Spirit, and speaking in tongues were the sign that it was that time fulfilled.

God's Truth

These scriptures destroy your false beliefs. Haaaa

Acts 3:17“Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’

We can see from the scriptures that speaking in tongues was prophesied about in the Old Testament, that the Lord would speak to the Jews, as stated in Isaiah 28. In the New Testament, we can see that this is a fulfilled prophecy, as confirmed by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

It is a time of refreshing when one is saved, they receive the Holy Spirit, and speaking in tongues were the sign that it was that time fulfilled.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
These scriptures destroy your false beliefs. Haaaa

Nope, the verse says that the times of refreshing come from "the presence" of the Lord, meaning His coming to earth and being present here.
You are using a bad translation.
When Peter said that, the Lord was not present.
The Lord was sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne as He is presently.
One day He'll come back and reign from the throne that was promised to Him.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Right Divider

Body part
Nope, the verse says that the times of refreshing come from "the presence" of the Lord, meaning His coming to earth and being present here.
The Lord was sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne as He is presently.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

She has some crazy beliefs, like that the Lord has abandoned the earthly kingdom and is not coming back. Even though the Lord was extremely clear about His return.

Mat 10:23 KJV But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

God's Truth

I don't care which translation you use.

The Lord is present with the saved.

What do you think it means to call on the Lord and have him living inside of you?

The Lord is with the saved.

Jesus is reigning now. He is in the new Jerusalem now.

When he comes again it will be judgment time, not living on earth time and trying to get more people saved. It will be too late to get saved by then.

God's Truth

She has some crazy beliefs, like that the Lord has abandoned the earthly kingdom and is not coming back. Even though the Lord was extremely clear about His return.

You are not telling the truth about what I say.

Show where I said Jesus isn't coming back.

Jesus isn't coming back to sit on an earthly throne.

When Jesus comes back, he will be seated on the clouds which is the great white throne judgment.

It will be at the resurrection of the dead. The saved will be changed to immortal bodies and meet Jesus in the clouds.

Then there will be wrath.

Jesus is going to live on the new earth when the new Jerusalem that is in heaven comes to the new earth---at that time Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father.

Right Divider

Body part
You are not telling the truth about what I say.

Show where I said Jesus isn't coming back.

Jesus isn't coming back to sit on an earthly throne.

When Jesus comes back, he will be seated on the clouds which is the great white throne judgment.

It will be at the resurrection of the dead. The saved will be changed to immortal bodies and meet Jesus in the clouds.

Then there will be wrath.

Jesus is going to live on the new earth when the new Jerusalem that is in heaven comes to the new earth---at that time Jesus hands the kingdom over to the Father.

Mat 10:23 KJV But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Right Divider

Body part
What do you think you have disproved?

Luk 1:31-33 KJV And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

God's Truth

Luk 1:31-33 KJV And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

David's throne was a throne belonging to God. Jesus is the son of David and is sitting on God's throne.

Right Divider

Body part
David's throne was a throne belonging to God. Jesus is the son of David and is sitting on God's throne.
David's throne is on earth. Solomon also sat on it.

1Ki 2:10-12 KJV So David slept with his fathers, and was buried in the city of David. (11) And the days that David reigned over Israel were forty years: seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem. (12) Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Ch 29:23 KJV Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.