The Goodness, Justice, Mercy, Righteousness of God Revealed in the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
I was going to title this article, RELIGION: A wrong view of the nature and character. But I decided not to, even though that is true. Calvinist have a terrible opinion of God and his Son Jesus Christ. The Catholic religion is not much better. It appears to me that all religions have a perverted view of the nature and the character of God. I guess that is why they are religions.

God has revealed himself to humanity in the person of Jesus Christ, Romans 3:21. God so loves the world (humanity) that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the world, John 3:16. All that God asks of us is that we believe on his Son Jesus Christ. He doesn't asks us to do any kind of works, nor does he asks us to join or become part of some kind of a cult or religion.

Religion on the other hand has many, many conditions and regulations that you must adhere to. The Catholic religion has so many things that you must do that it is not possible to list all of them. And if you don't do those things you are anathema. kicked out of the Catholic church. This is very serious, because Catholics believe that if you are not a member of the Catholic church you are lost.

We are justified (made pleasing to God) by faith and by faith alone, Romans 5:1. It is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone. Jesus is the one that does the work of justification, Romans 3:26. We are the justified and he is the justifier. How are we justified? God only requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law.
2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

The scripture says, "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. This means that before we were born salvation had already been provided for everyone by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9. All that God asks us to do is to accept what has already been provided by his Son Jesus Christ. We don't bring about our salvation by what we do. It has already been provided by Jesus Christ. Religion wants you to believe that you must bring about your salvation by what you do.

Many are offended by the simplicity of the Gospel. People like to believe that they must earn their salvation by what they do or by what they have become. Nothing is further from the truth. This is why Paul wrote, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. Did you get that?

Faith, not works, is what justifies and counts for righteousness. This should be the end of your religion, whatever it is. Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Religion says, "The just shall live by works and religion". God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, of which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ, we are only accepted in him. Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not done many wonderful works in your name?" Matthew 7:22. and Jesus will say, "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23. These people were trusting in their works and their religion to save them.

When I was with Christians in Action, we would stop people on the streets and ask them, "How do you know that you are saved and have eternal life?" 90% would say, "Because I go to church". The other 10% would say, "Because Christ died for me" which is the correct answer. I guess that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. People are determined that they will be saved by what they do or by what they have become, which is the devils lie.

beloved57

I was going to title this article, RELIGION: A wrong view of the nature and character. But I decided not to, even though that is true. Calvinist have a terrible opinion of God and his Son Jesus Christ. The Catholic religion is not much better. It appears to me that all religions have a perverted view of the nature and the character of God. I guess that is why they are religions.

God has revealed himself to humanity in the person of Jesus Christ, Romans 3:21. God so loves the world (humanity) that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the world, John 3:16. All that God asks of us is that we believe on his Son Jesus Christ. He doesn't asks us to do any kind of works, nor does he asks us to join or become part of some kind of a cult or religion.

Religion on the other hand has many, many conditions and regulations that you must adhere to. The Catholic religion has so many things that you must do that it is not possible to list all of them. And if you don't do those things you are anathema. kicked out of the Catholic church. This is very serious, because Catholics believe that if you are not a member of the Catholic church you are lost.

We are justified (made pleasing to God) by faith and by faith alone, Romans 5:1. It is by faith alone because it is by Christ alone. Jesus is the one that does the work of justification, Romans 3:26. We are the justified and he is the justifier. How are we justified? God only requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law.
2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

The scripture says, "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. This means that before we were born salvation had already been provided for everyone by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9. All that God asks us to do is to accept what has already been provided by his Son Jesus Christ. We don't bring about our salvation by what we do. It has already been provided by Jesus Christ. Religion wants you to believe that you must bring about your salvation by what you do.

Many are offended by the simplicity of the Gospel. People like to believe that they must earn their salvation by what they do or by what they have become. Nothing is further from the truth. This is why Paul wrote, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. Did you get that?

Faith, not works, is what justifies and counts for righteousness. This should be the end of your religion, whatever it is. Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Religion says, "The just shall live by works and religion". God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, of which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ, we are only accepted in him. Jesus said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not done many wonderful works in your name?" Matthew 7:22. and Jesus will say, "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23. These people were trusting in their works and their religion to save them.

When I was with Christians in Action, we would stop people on the streets and ask them, "How do you know that you are saved and have eternal life?" 90% would say, "Because I go to church". The other 10% would say, "Because Christ died for me" which is the correct answer. I guess that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. People are determined that they will be saved by what they do or by what they have become, which is the devils lie.

You teach that God is unjust and unmerciful. That He will yet punish forever those He already punished Christ for. That He wont be merciful to their unrighteousness. Heb 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

You teach if men don't do something, and Christ has died for them, God does remember their sins and iniquities, imputes them back unto them !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that God is unjust and unmerciful. That He will yet punish forever those He already punished Christ for. That He wont be merciful to their unrighteousness. Heb 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

You teach if men don't do something, and Christ has died for them, God does remember their sins and iniquities, imputes them back unto them !

You want to believe that God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

They will perish in their sins if they reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for them by Jesus Christ. It appears that you are one of them.

beloved57

No it doesn't.

But it makes you a blind fool for thinking that it does.
Yes it does. Christ already died for their sins. Now you say that is disregarded and they will die in their sins anyways. That's unjust and unmerciful of God!

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes it does. Christ already died for their sins. Now you say that is disregarded and they will die in their sins anyways. That's unjust and unmerciful of God!

It was already planed in God's mind before the foundation of the world that Jesus would atone for the sins of the world, Revelation 13:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach lies and that God is unjust!

Does the scripture not say that Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world? Revelation 13:8.

This means that Christ's redemptive death for mankind was from eternity past.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know you can't see this, but for other Calvinists who have not put me on their ignore list this is what I have to say:

1. God is just, but He's not a sadist. He will punish the wicked who did not turn to Him while they had the option to. But he will not punish them forever. He will cast those who were punished in Hell into the Lake of Fire, where for the rest of eternity, those who rejected Him will be allowed to remain separate from Him, but they will not have a body to feel physical pain, for the fire of the Lake is not physical fire, but is a metaphor for the amount of emotional pain that will be experienced, a pain so excruciating that it will be as if from fire. And all of it will be of their own choice. It's what they wanted, anyways.

2. God is merciful, but only to those that freely repent. God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

If a man repents of his sins to God and asks for Christ to come into his heart, God forgives him and no longer sees the man that was, He sees His Son saying this man has been redeemed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So God punishes sinners Christ died for, for being sinners !
God punishes sinners for being sinners, because God is just. If they reject the free gift of salvation, then they remain sinners, and will be punished accordingly. This meets the demands of justice. If they accept that gift, then they are sinners no more, and won't be punished.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app