The first real economic effect of the tax bill

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
World stocks stumble as US Treasury yields near 3%

World stocks slipped on Monday as investors braced for a blizzard of earnings from the world's largest firms.

Investors are also keeping a wary eye on U.S. bond yields as they approach peaks that have triggered market spasms in the past. In early New York trading, the 10-year yield was trading around 2.9950 percent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/23/world-stocks-stumble-as-us-treasury-yields-near-3-percent.html

The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note started the week on a tear, jumping to 2.99 percent and toying with the key 3 percent level that could trigger a reaction across global financial markets.

The 10-year yield was at 2.979 percent at 7:05 a.m. ET, after topping 2.99 percent earlier Monday. The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond was higher at 3.167 percent. Yields move inversely to bond prices.

Should the yield hit 3 percent, it would be the note's highest rate since January 2014. The benchmark for mortgage rates and other financial instruments has jumped in April on signs of increasing inflation and as the Federal Reserve signaled more rate increases are to come this year.

Earlier in April, the Fed released the minutes from its March meeting stating that "all participants" expected a strengthening economy and rising inflation in coming months. Also this month, prices for everything from oil to wheat have jumped, sparking concerns inflation may be running hotter than investors would like.

The Fed's next meeting is May 2.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/23/bonds-and-fixed-income-data-auctions-on-the-agenda.html

Mocking You

That's weird. I thought the first effects of the tax bill was corporations giving millions of people bonuses, minimum wages being voluntarily raised, and announcements of manufacturing divisions being moved back to the USA. I don't know how you missed this. It happened in late December and into January, just days and weeks after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed Congress.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Barbarian is such an idiot. The result of the tax bill has been jobs and economic success. This stock news has nothing to do with the tax bill. I thought you were leaving the forum you moron