ECT The decision to obey God's commands, is it an individual freedom we have?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is the decision to obey God's command an individual freedom we have?

Since this is in the Exclusively Christian Theology forum I am assuming we are all believers, whatever bearing this has on the question.

Sheila B

The Christ-One (Christian) is transferred from a slave to sin and is now to be a slave to love. It is a one time transfer (baptism cannot be repeated), but it takes a life time to live it out, as scripture says: endure to the end.

The freedom is that we can choose to do as little as possible: the one cup of water to a disciple- or giving it all- to giving our life for the sake of the Kingdom, or a brother, all for the love of Jesus.

Freedom to hate and not love... Matt 25 "You did not do ___ to the least of my brethren, you did not do to Me."

OCTOBER23

DECISION ?????

GOD CALLS OR DRAWS

The cares of this world can make the fruits stop developing

and a person can go back to the world because through many

tribulations we enter the Kingdom.

0scar

Since this is in the Exclusively Christian Theology forum I am assuming we are all believers, whatever bearing this has on the question.

To go back to the slavery of the Law is a freedom we have. Once we freely choose to ethe Law, we became slaves of the Law, get disconected from Christ, make null the work of the croos, and became dammed. At that point we are no more free but slaves.

We can freely choose to loose our freedom. Then, we are no longer free but slaves. Who keep the Law is not free, despite he did freely choose not to be free.

(Christians teaching to keep the Law, are after a single think: colect tithe)

Cross Reference

God calls to man, however, only by the Life of Christ within such a man can he answer such a call. Obviously, the call is for more than salvation.

oatmeal

Yes.

and when with other likeminded believers, it is better. Philippians 2:2

oatmeal

Deuteronomy 30:19

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Joshua 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To go back to the slavery of the Law is a freedom we have. Once we freely choose to ethe Law, we became slaves of the Law, get disconected from Christ, make null the work of the croos, and became dammed. At that point we are no more free but slaves.

We can freely choose to loose our freedom. Then, we are no longer free but slaves. Who keep the Law is not free, despite he did freely choose not to be free.

(Christians teaching to keep the Law, are after a single think: colect tithe)
Do you remember Romans 8:4? It is important to understand that the only hindrance to obeying the Law (God's commands found in the Law) and thereby obeying God, is your flesh.

0scar

Do you remember Romans 8:4? It is important to understand that the only hindrance to obeying the Law (God's commands found in the Law) and thereby obeying God, is your flesh.

because you and me have flesh. you and me can not obey the Law.
that is why the Holy Spirit has PROHIBITED to teach to observe the Law.
that is why Paul warn us of trying to obey the Law and go back to its slavery

(is this all about tithing or is ir about the 500 obligations)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
because you and me have flesh. you and me can not obey the Law.
that is why the Holy Spirit has PROHIBITED to teach to observe the Law.
that is why Paul warn us of trying to obey the Law and go back to its slavery

(is this all about tithing or is ir about the 500 obligations)
I don't know what you mean about 500 obligations and I believe you are wrong about tithing not being a command of God.

Do you believe the Law is for showing a person their sin? 1 Timothy 1.

0scar

I don't know what you mean about 500 obligations and I believe you are wrong about tithing not being a command of God.

Do you believe the Law is for showing a person their sin? 1 Timothy 1.

tithing is part of the Law
we are prohibited to go back to the slavery of observing the Law
we are prohibited of teaching to observe the Law.
We can not teach to tithe, can not tithe.
if we tithe we are disconected from Christ, made null the effects of the cross, and are dammed in our sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
tithing is part of the Law
we are prohibited to go back to the slavery of observing the Law
we are prohibited of teaching to observe the Law.
We can not teach to tithe, can not tithe.
if we tithe we are disconected from Christ, made null the effects of the cross, and are dammed in our sins.
Matthew 5:19 NASB - "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

0scar

Matthew 5:19 NASB - "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

are you circuncided?
do you teach circuncicion?
circuncicion is one of the commands... do you observ it?

do you sacrifice a lamb avary year?
do you keep all Jew fests?
do you observ the sabbath from sunset to sunset?
do you only eat the kosher food?

I gues for you it is enough if people tithe... nothing else.
that is what Jesus call HYPOCRITES.

Word based mystic

How was the original tithe used?
Does the average church that tithes observe those statutes?
Do we take the tithe cash it in and have a feast on Sundays?
Do we take the tithe and provide for the widows and orphans?
Do we take the tithe and provide for the priestly class every third year?
I am guessing most churches that teach the tithe do not do these things.
Do these same churches circumcise? If they required it they would oppose pauls teachings.
Should we now impose the jewish statutes upon the gentiles?
Does our salvation now consist of observing jewish laws?
Shall we send our women out of town every time they have their monthly issue?
You are now in Christ He is yours and you are His are you going to insult him by giving him 10% or are you no longer your own and all you have belongs to him and he guides you as a steward what to do with ALL your possessions?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
are you circuncided?
do you teach circuncicion?
circuncicion is one of the commands... do you observ it?

do you sacrifice a lamb avary year?
do you keep all Jew fests?
do you observ the sabbath from sunset to sunset?
do you only eat the kosher food?

I gues for you it is enough if people tithe... nothing else.
that is what Jesus call HYPOCRITES.
All of God's commands are important. Not everyone is circumcised. For those who are, like myself, we are still not supposed to preach circumcision. But that does not mean circumcision is not a command of God.