The Deception of the Teaching of the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
The teaching of the trinity is a lie, hence why its mention in this verse of scripture,
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
(1 John 5:7-8 [KJV])
Only exists in a few manuscripts, all dated much later in time, and because of this is why most English translations of this verse do not render it with this trinitarian forgery,
For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree. (1 John 5:7-8 [ESV])
The only other reference of the trinity in scripture is this verse,
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 28:19 [NIV])
And although most, if not all manuscripts have been lost rendering this verse in its original way without the mention of the trinity, this verse has also been forged because of its clear contradiction with these other verses to baptize in the name of Jesus Christ only, as opposed to in the name of the trinity,
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38 [NIV])
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
(Acts 8:16 [NIV])
So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
(Acts 10:48 [NIV])
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 19:5 [NIV])
And whatever you should ask in my name, this I shall do, that the father should be glorified in the son. (John 14:13 [ABP])
And everything, what ever you should do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the God and father by him. (Colossians 3:17 [ABP])
And when they believed Philip announcing good news, the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were immersed, both men and women. (Acts 8:12 [ABP])
And, whereas the name of "Jesus" is an actual name, "Father" is not an actual name, but a title. And although God has many titles, God did not have a name before the beginning, hence why he is simply declared as I AM,
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14 [NIV])
Because before the beginning, "language" did not even exist for God to even have a name, therefore, God simply was. Yet after the beginning, God chose to create a name in reference to himself, whereupon "LORD", is the English rendering of the tetragrammaton of the name revealed to Moses,
God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name... (Exodus 3:15 [NIV])
Yet God did not give himself this name, but rather, gave this name to the angel that appeared and spoke to Moses,
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. (Exodus 3:2 [NIV])
When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am." (Exodus 3:4 [NIV])
Whereupon the name of this angel became the name of God, during the time of the old covenant, through which all were to seek God, yet this name was only a forerunner of a new and greater name that was to be revealed to man,
And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(Matthew 1:21 [AKJV])
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
(Philippians 2:9-10 [NIV])
Whereupon the name of Jesus became the name of God, during the time of a new and better covenant, which is why Jesus Christ calls his own name the name of God,
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. (John 17:11 [NIV])
Which is why the name of the tetragrammaton was no longer used by Jesus nor the apostles, because the name of Jesus became the one and only name through which all are to seek God, hence,
Jesus is "'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.' Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:11-12 [NIV])
And so, because of this, usage of the title "Father" as a name, and a distinction between a "name of the Father" and the name of Jesus is already a false declaration. And ultimately, God is not three, but he is only one being, literally, hence,
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4 [NIV])
Who, as one God, is figuratively one in unity with all who are his, hence,
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. (John 17:21 [NIV])
I and the Father are one. (John 10:30 [NIV])
Just as a husband is figuratively one in unity with his wife,
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. (Genesis 2:24 [NIV])
And as one God, he had one single son,
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 [NIV])
And since a son comes after a father in time, and the Father had no beginning, this son therefore came forth into existence in the beginning, hence,
And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. (John 17:5 [NIV])
In which case, day one of creation was the day God became Father to this son, because before day one, the son did not exist for God to have been his Father,
I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father. (Psalm 2:7 [NIV])
And this is also why this son is called firstborn of all creation,
The Son... the firstborn over all creation. (Colossians 1:15 [NIV])
And although God had more sons,
the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful... (Genesis 6:2 [NIV])
It was through this son, by his own speech, that all life came into existence,
because by him were created – all in the heavens and upon the earth; the visible, and the invisible; whether thrones, or lordships, or rulers, or authorities – all by him and for him were created. (Colossians 1:16 [INTERLINEARIZED])
All through him emerged, and without him emerged not even one that has emerged (John 1:3 [INTERLINEARIZED])
Hence why he is also called "word of God", because he spoke all life into existence in the beginning,
And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky." (Genesis 1:20 [NIV])
And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures... (Genesis 1:24 [NIV])
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image..." (Genesis 1:26 [NIV])
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1 [NIV])
And also why he is called "only son", because Jesus Christ was the only being directly created by the Father, as opposed to all other beings who were indirectly created by God through the speech of Jesus Christ,
“The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was formed long ages ago, at the very beginning, when the world came to be. When there were no watery depths, I was given birth, when there were no springs overflowing with water; before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth,
(Proverbs 8:22-25 [NIV])
Yet to us one God the Father of whom all and we for him and one Lord Jesus Christ through whom all and we by him (1 Corinthians 8:6 [INTERLINEARIZED])
And so, Jesus Christ is this wisdom that God brought as the first of his works, hence why he is also called the wisdom of God,
But out of Him, you are in Christ Jesus, who has been made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption,(1 Corinthians 1:30 [BLB])
but those called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:24 [BLB])
This son is also called God,
...and the Word was God. (John 1:1 [NIV])
Because although the Father is greater than the son,
...for the Father is greater than I. (John 14:28 [NIV])
And the Father alone has infinite knowledge,
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered... (Luke 12:7 [NIV])
Great is our Lord, and great is his strength; and there is no number of his understanding. (Psalms 147:5 [ABP])
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Matthew 24:36 [NIV])
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? (Isaiah 40:12 [NIV])
And the Father alone predestines and determines all things,
but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared. (Mark 10:40 [NIV])
For those God foreknew he also predestined... (Romans 8:29 [NIV])
We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall. (Proverbs 16:33 [NLT])
And the Father alone cannot be contained by the highest heaven, or even the earth, or much less a body of flesh and bones,
"But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! (1 Kings 8:27 [NIV])
Jesus Christ, who is lesser than the Father, was created to be the highest representation of the Father in his own creation, to where even Jesus Christ was given authority to be creator as the Father was first creator, whereupon not only did all life come through Jesus Christ, but also the world, since before the world came to be, the Father first brought forth the earth into existence, hence why it was still unseen and unready to be populated,
But the earth was unseen and unready, and darkness was upon the abyss.... (Genesis 1:2 [ABP])
And in wisdom, through the speech of Jesus Christ, God then created the world upon the earth,
But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding. (Jeremiah 10:12 [NIV])
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. (John 1:10 [NIV])
Whereupon the first few utterances Jesus Christ made to begin creating the world were,
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. (Genesis 1:3 [NIV])
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (Genesis 1:6 [KJV])
And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. (Genesis 1:9 [NIV])
Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. (Genesis 1:11 [NIV])
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. (Genesis 1:14 [KJV])
And so, not only was Jesus Christ creator as the Father is creator, but he was also given all authority in heaven and earth after his resurrection, just as God has authority over all heaven and earth,
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (Matthew 28:18 [NIV])
And will one day return to the earth as the representation of God, in full glory and power,
"At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. (Mark 13:26 [NIV])
To judge the world in righteousness as God,
Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness. (Psalm 96:13 [NIV])
For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead." (Acts 17:31 [NIV])
Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, (John 5:22 [NIV])
And in a similar manner that Moses, as a representation of God, was given authority to be like God,
Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. (Exodus 7:1 [NIV])
To bring forth powerful judgments against Egypt,
Say therefore to the people of Israel, ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment. (Exodus 6:6 [ESV])
And even in a similar manner that Adam was created as a representation of God,
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27 [NIV])
And was thus given authority to rule over the entire earth,
...let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:26 [KJV])
And in a similar manner than even angels, as representations of God, are given authority to also be like God, hence why the angel that spoke to Moses spoke as God,
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. (Exodus 3:2 [NIV])
Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. (Exodus 3:6 [NIV])
And with such authority given to angels, in great demonstrations of power, brought the laws of God to man,
you who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it." (Acts 7:53 [NIV])
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. (Galatians 3:19 [NIV])
Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, and the whole mountain trembled violently. (Exodus 19:18 [NIV])
And even fallen angels are called "gods" because they were originally created as representations of God before they became wicked, yet still have great authority over the earth,
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' (Psalm 82:6 [NIV])
in which the god of this eon blinded the thoughts of the unbelieving, so as to not shine forth to them the illumination of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is image of the unseen of God. (II Corinthians 4:4 [ABP])
And in likewise manner that even the destiny of the elect is to be like God, hence why the elect will not only be glorified,
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear. (Matthew 13:43 [NIV])
But also given authority to rule on the earth,
To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-- (Revelation 2:26 [NIV])
And authority to also judge on the earth,
Or do you not know that the Lord's people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! (1 Corinthians 6:2-3 [NIV])
As representations of God, hence,
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. (2 Peter 1:4 [ESV])
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (John 1:12 [KJV])
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. (Romans 8:29 [NIV])
So has Jesus Christ been given authority, in a much higher way than any man or angel, to one day bring forth powerful judgments, not just against one city, but against the entire world, in which case by the last bowl judgment, all the cities of the world will collapse,
The fish of the sea and the birds of the heavens and the beasts of the field and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the people who are on the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence. And the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground.
(Ezekiel 38:20 [ESV])
Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found. (Revelation 16:19-20 [NIV])
And it is because of the height of this authority and exaltation given to Jesus Christ, above all men and angels, that Jesus Christ is placed as God, because he is the full exact representation, expression, and image of the Father in creation, above all other created beings, hence,
The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His nature... (Hebrews 1:3 [BSB])
The Son is the image of the invisible God... (Colossians 1:15 [NIV])
And although earth itself cannot contain the Father himself, Jesus Christ came and dwelled in the world as God, as if it were the Father himself, because he is the one and only being created in the exact representation of God,
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 [NIV])
"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"). (Matthew 1:23 [NIV])
And so, this is why the way to the Father is through the son,
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 [NIV])
Because whoever worships the representation of God, which is the son, also worships the Father, hence,
...Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? (John 14:9 [NIV])
that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. (John 5:23 [NIV])
And so, because only the Father and the son existed in the beginning, therefore, the spirit of God that existed in the beginning,
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (Genesis 1:2 [NIV])
After the Father himself first created the heavens and earth,
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1 [NIV])
Was his very own son, since the spirit of God mentioned in Genesis was the very son that God brought forth into existence, who then began to speak all life into existence, hence why,
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. (Job 33:4 [NIV])
And after his firstborn son, God had more sons,
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. (Job 1:6 [ESV])
Which were angels, and so, in relation to this passage in Isaiah,
In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them. (Isaiah 63:9-10 [NIV])
All angels of God are also "spirits of God", or rather, "holy spirits", hence why this angel in Isaiah is called a holy spirit, and why it is said of angels,
In speaking of the angels he says, "He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire." (Hebrews 1:7 [NIV])
In which case, the form of spirit is the form of wind, since both words, "spirit" and "wind", are synonymous in the Hebrew and in the Greek, hence,
he makes his messengers winds, his ministers a flaming fire. (Psalm 104:4 [ESV])
And also why it is said that all angels of God are holy,
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (Luke 9:26 [NIV])
And so, a reference to the "holy spirit", or "spirit of God", is a reference to a holy angel that has taken the invisible form of wind, so that he may then enter into and inhabit a believer through his breath, hence,
[31] For you are able one by one all to prophesy, that all should learn and all should be comforted. [32] For spirits of prophets submit to prophets. (1 Corinthians 14:31-32 [ABP])
In which case, each believer that is baptized in the holy spirit receives one single holy spirit to guide him from within. And so, even, even though certain scriptures will reference a singular noun of "man",
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, (Hebrews 9:27 [ESV])
But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (Matthew 4:4 [ESV])
To imply a plurality of all men and women that exist, so do many scriptures reference a singular noun of "holy spirit" or "spirit of God",
Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple, and the Spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16 [BLB])
To imply a plurality of all spirits of God that exist, hence why in another passage the elect are instructed to test every spirit to see if the spirit is of God, "spirit of God",
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God... (1 John 4:1-2 [KJV])
Because there is not just only one holy spirit, but there is an innumerable amount of spirits of God, which are all holy angels, just as there is an innumerable amount of spirits that are not of God, which are fallen angels or demons. This is also why the holy spirit has a personality, emotions, and will of his own,
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. (Romans 8:26 [NIV])
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26 [NIV])
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30 [NIV])
Because the holy spirit is an actual angel. This is also why, just as the the title "Father" is not a name, neither is "holy spirit" an actual name, but it is a generic reference to a spirit that comes from God whose name we do not know specifically, since every spirit of God has a specific name,
Jacob said, "Please tell me your name." But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there. So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." (Genesis 32:29-30 [NIV])
And Manoah said to the angel of the LORD, “What is your name, so that, when your words come true, we may honor you?” And the angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask my name, seeing it is wonderful?” (Judges 13:17-18 [ESV])
In which case, a reference of a "holy spirit" is as a reference that could be made about "that man" or "that woman", without mention of their actual name. And so, Paul's warning to not grieve the holy spirit correlates with the angel in the passage in Isaiah,
the angel of his presence saved them... Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy... (Isaiah 63:9-10 [NIV])
Which is the same angel referenced in Exodus,
"See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. (Exodus 23:20 [NIV])
In which case, when this angel became grieved, or rather, when this holy spirit became grieved, he did not forgive them,
Pay careful attention to him and obey his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression, for my name is in him. (Exodus 23:21 [ESV])
And turned against them and killed them, as in this example,
The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them along with Korah, whose followers died when the fire devoured the 250 men. And they served as a warning sign. (Numbers 26:10 [NIV])
...So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them. (Isaiah 63:10 [NIV])
Which is why the same holy spirit that is sent to guide each of the elect, also does not forgive sins,
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin." (Mark 3:29 [NIV])
And kills when he becomes offended,
Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?... When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:3-5 [NIV])
Because the holy spirit that guides the elect now is an angel, just as the holy spirit that guided the Israelites before was also an angel.

Eagles Wings

These long posts are not appreciated.

Isn't enough of the public reading your anti-Trinitarian blog, googled under your last name?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
These long posts are not appreciated.

Isn't enough of the public reading your anti-Trinitarian blog, googled under your last name?

I'm glad it can be found by searching my username. Not that I care to promote it or myself, I just care to get the truth out.

Eagles Wings

I'm glad it can be found by searching my username. Not that I care to promote it or myself, I just care to get the truth out.
It is the choice of some here to simply use the ignore button for those who are anti-Trinitarian, because the debate is usually circular and theological mindsets are not changed.

I imagine you've taken a look at some of the historic creeds that I have posted in my signature. Since you decline/deny them today, I shall simply pray that Lord willing, you come to the fullness of faith in Christ, as He is known through these creeds and through the whole of Scripture.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
It is the choice of some here to simply use the ignore button for those who are anti-Trinitarian, because the debate is usually circular and mindsets are not changed.

I imagine you've taken a look at some of the historic creeds that I have posted in my signature. Since you decline/deny them today, I shall simply pray that Lord willing, you come to the fullness of faith in Christ, as He is known through these creeds and through the whole of Scripture.

Then ignore me as you please and believe in your creeds. I will continue believing in the scriptures themselves. Tata.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We know the holy spirit is a man, after all he fathered Jesus didn't he?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only exists in a few manuscripts,
False.
I can tell you haven't done much research on this, and are just parroting what you have heard your cult say.
Wouldn't you rather know the truth?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
False.
I can tell you haven't done much research on this, and are just parroting what you have heard your cult say.

I have researched this extensively, and no, I do not belong to a cult, these are studies that I myself have authored based on what the Lord has shown me. As such, there are only 10 Greek manuscripts that have the trinity phrase for 1 John 5:7, out of hundreds of other different Greek manuscripts. These 10 known manuscripts are also all dated by scholars from the 10th century and onwards. The 10 known manuscripts having this spurious addition, also known as the "Comma Johanneum", are,

Codex Montfortianus, or Manuscript 16, dated 16th century
Miniscule 629, dated 14th century
Miniscule 918, dated 16th century
Miniscule 2318, dated 18th century
Miniscule 2473, dated 18th century
Miniscule 88, dated 11th century
Miniscule 177, dated 11th century
Miniscule 221, dated 10th century
Miniscule 429, dated 14th century
Miniscule 636, dated 15th century

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
OK, we know the holy Spirit is a person because he is Jesus' father.

The holy spirit is not the father of Jesus Christ, but it was through the holy spirit that God exercised power to bring conception unto a virgin. All power always comes from the Father, and as such, he is Father to Jesus Christ, whereas the holy spirit is not his father.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
False.

No Syriac manuscript of any family — Peshito, Philoxenian, or Harklean — has the three witnesses; and their presence in the printed Syriac Gospels is due to translation from the Vulgate.

So too, the Coptic manuscripts — both Sahidic and Bohairic — have no trace of the disputed part, nor have the Ethiopic manuscripts which represent Greek influence through the medium of Coptic.

The Armenian manuscripts, which favour the reading of the Vulgate, are admitted to represent a Latin influence which dates from the twelfth century; early Armenian manuscripts are against the Latin reading. Of the Itala or Old Latin manuscripts, only two have our present reading of the three witnesses: Codex Monacensis (q) of the sixth or seventh century; and the Speculum (m), an eighth or ninth century manuscript which gives many quotations from the New Testament. Even the Vulgate, in the majority of its earliest manuscripts, is without the passage in question. Witnesses to the canonicity are: the Bible of Theodulph (eighth century) in the National Library of Paris; Codex Cavensis (ninth century), the best representative of the Spanish type of text: Toletanus (tenth century); and the majority of Vulgate manuscripts after the twelfth century.

There was some dispute as to the canonicity of the three witnesses as early as the sixth century: for the preface to the Catholic Epistles in Codex Fuldensis (A.D. 541-546) complains about the omission of this passage from some of the Latin versions.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08435a.htm

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The holy spirit is not the father of Jesus Christ, but it was through the holy spirit that God exercised power to bring conception unto a virgin. All power always comes from the Father, and as such, he is Father to Jesus Christ, whereas the holy spirit is not his father.

True, but Bright Raven believes the holy Spirit is the person who impregnated Mary. This would make the holy spirit Jesus' father if the holy Spirit were a person.

Also, since God is holy by definition then we should be able to refer to him as the Spirit as Jesus did in John 4:24.

Status
Not open for further replies.