The Bible: The Number One Best-Seller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentientsynth

Jefferson,

What're your thoughts about the Bible becoming the first universally translated text since the Tower of Babel? I hadn't thought about that fact until the astute Pastor Enyart pointed it out, but it strikes me as kind of weird, like this should be significant even in the eyes of God. Spooky that it'll happen in my generation.

What're your thoughts?

SS

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
sentientsynth said:
Jefferson,

What're your thoughts about the Bible becoming the first universally translated text since the Tower of Babel? I hadn't thought about that fact until the astute Pastor Enyart pointed it out, but it strikes me as kind of weird, like this should be significant even in the eyes of God. Spooky that it'll happen in my generation.

What're your thoughts?

SS
I think it's a major continuation of the reversal of the introduction by God of different languages after the Tower of Babel. The first break was in Acts when everyone heard the gospel in their own language via tongues. But is it a sign of the end times? I'm not convinced it is.

sentientsynth

I just think it's kind of spooky. As far as the 'end times' is concerned, I'm a pan-escatologist. It'll all pan out in the end!!

SS

way 2 go

Jefferson said:
I think it's a major continuation of the reversal of the introduction by God of different languages after the Tower of Babel. The first break was in Acts when everyone heard the gospel in their own language via tongues. But is it a sign of the end times? I'm not convinced it is.
Matthew 24:14 (NKJV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

if it has been translated into all languages then can we assume its been preached in all the world?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
way 2 go said:
Matthew 24:14 (NKJV)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

if it has been translated into all languages then can we assume its been preached in all the world?
But the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached today. Paul's gospel is what is being preached.

koban

Jefferson said:
But the gospel of the kingdom is not being preached today. Paul's gospel is what is being preached.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

What do you see as the difference?

Do you think the writer of Matthew would agree?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
koban said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
It's a good thing because the gospel of the kingdom is not for the dispensation of the Body of Christ. Once the church is raptured, God will once again proclaim the gospel of the kingdom through His believers.

What do you see as the difference?
Law v. grace.

Do you think the writer of Matthew would agree?
Of course. He agreed back in the first century when he (and all the other apostles) accepted the fact that a new dispensation had begun.

koban

Jefferson said:
It's a good thing because the gospel of the kingdom is not for the dispensation of the Body of Christ. Once the church is raptured, God will once again proclaim the gospel of the kingdom through His believers.

Law v. grace.

Of course. He agreed back in the first century when he (and all the other apostles) accepted the fact that a new dispensation had begun.

You'd probably agree, then, that it would be a good thing for the Elect to be familiar with the Law?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
koban said:
You'd probably agree, then, that it would be a good thing for the Elect to be familiar with the Law?
Yes. Paul says in Galatians 3:24 that the law is a tutor to bring people to Christ. Upon seeing their failure to keep the law, people realize their need for grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.