The Beast will slaughter believers---

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
--where he finds them.

The Beast is a term for an empire.

In the endtimes a Beast will arise which will be ---

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It will be a time when the Christian religion will lose its power of persuasion over mankind, and the masses who worship the Beast will tear down the systems of Christianity in that of the preachers, the churches, and their missions, particularly in todays western nations. --

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

So hard pressed will be the Christians that only those prepared like the wise virgins of Mat.ch 25 will survive, though it is true that many of them will lose their natural life after the last witness of the saints to the nations.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This seal is NOT speaking of the seal of salvation but about the seal which spares a believer from the sufferings of Rev.ch 9 due to come upon the disobedient believers---

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Eze 9:5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
Eze 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

LA

fzappa13

Well, I commend you for unearthing some of the non-Daniel passages in the O.T. that would appear to be direct parallels to passages in Revelation. That said I'm not sure what you mean by this:

This seal is NOT speaking of the seal of salvation but about the seal which spares a believer from the sufferings of Rev.ch 9 due to come upon the disobedient believers---

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
--where he finds them.

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It will be a time when the Christian religion will lose its power of persuasion over mankind, and the masses who worship the Beast will tear down the systems of Christianity in that of the preachers, the churches, and their missions, particularly in todays western nations. --

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

So hard pressed will be the Christians that only those prepared like the wise virgins of Mat.ch 25 will survive, though it is true that many of them will lose their natural life after the last witness of the saints to the nations.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Rev 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Eze 9:5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
Eze 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

LA
These are revenge fantasies from a man’s paranoia and urgency of being under attack by the Roman Emperor Nero.

Apocalyptic scenarios are found throughout the Bible. They imagine a sense-shattering intervention by God, since the history they speak to are giving the people tragedy and despair with no apparent hope in sight.

The historical context for Revelation is the horrific persecution of the early, struggling churches of Asia Minor by “the Beast,” Nero (“666”).
Thousands of Christians were slaughtered. Peter and Paul were both killed during this time (in the 60s).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus himself will ALSO slaughter unbelievers. The level of blood is supposed to reach to the level of his horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles.

No merciful and compassionate savior He!

musterion

--where he finds them.

LA

And you can't wait for it to start.

jon machtemes

I would assert this beast has indeed arisen and done his work: not in the first century with Nero, although he did indeed kill many Christians (as did many Caesars and Emperers). No, but I assert this beast rose from the ashes of such and the world marvelled over the beast. Compare with the little horn of Daniel 7 and keep in mind the day/year principle established by two other witnesses for prophesy,(Numbers 14:34, Ezekiel 4:5). From 538-1798 he made war on the saints and overcame them. Foxe's Book of Martyrs by John Foxe and Pope is the Antichrist by J.A. Wylie are very good references. I also assert the beast from the earth is alive today exercising all the power of the first beast.

Concerning the locusts, Revelation 9, and the seal of God: we can see a clear fullfilment in history as well. The star that falls (using the established symbolism of stars) will be Mohammed, the smoke from the pit being the dark cloud Islam cast over all its occupation, Apollyon is destruction as Islam destroys the soul of man, the locusts, (as horses prepared for war. They had something like golden crowns on their heads, faces of men, hair of woman, teeth as a lion, breastplates of iron, the wings sound as chariots or many rushing horses to war, the power to sting in their tail) the Saracene army were renowned for their horsemanship, they were often said to be so fluent in war from the back of a horse that it were though the two were one. They wore golden yellow turbins and though they kept, by tradition a beard, they did not cut short their hair so it was long as a woman's. The teeth being symbols of ferocity is established in Daniel and Joel. They were the first great army of these times to wear mail coats and would armor-plate their horses and the sound of all of them running to battle would be an amazing noise. The sting in their tail was the ability of the Mohmmedan soldier to fight backwards on their horse: killing often from the rear as the horse rode on.

They were given power to harm, not to kill, but harm for 5 months. They were not to touch the vegetation, but to hurt those without the seal of God. The Saracenes, though they did kill men in war, were to have as an objective, conversion rather than death. Unlike the Goths, who practiced a "scorched earth" warfare, the Quran forbids the harm of grass, trees, nature. They frequently passed over monestaries in their invasions and many Christians escaped their conquest, but they harmed the eastern and western legs of Rome some 150 years=5 months prophetically. In 612 Mohammed was given the visions leading to the Quran and by 762, after 150 years of invasions, seiges, and mosque planting they retreated and settled in their newly finished capitol at Baghdad. Compare Ezekiel 2 for scorpions meaning a kind of man, and Joel 1&2 for armies as locusts. There is ample Biblical support for this interpretation.

The wealth of wonder one finds in Christ's Revelation to John is seen as one begins to study history: a topic not given its due in today's congregations. I am still being purged of a lifetime of being taught Dispensational Futurism so bear with me. I suggest reading Gill, Wylie, Clark, and other Historicists and weighing these things for yourself. Would our good and loving master leave us with no Revelation over 2000 turbulent years? I am of the mind He would not. What a good God we serve! Thank you for letting me weigh in. God bless you.

Last edited:

musterion

Would our good and loving master leave us with no Revelation over 2000 turbulent years? I am of the mind He would not.
God is of a different mind. The Bible teaches that the apostasy of His people - particularly of their leaders - led to the book of the Law being lost to them for decades (2 Chron 34). The Gospel of the grace of God was similarly obscured shortly after the death of Paul, replaced with sacramental false gospels of works by the grievous wolves that entered in. Likewise, for centuries false priests of Satan purposely obscured God's Word behind a veil of Latin and murdered anyone found with an "illegal" copy of it or who sought to put it into languages people could actually read. Such people consider Paul's Gospel to be anathema, down to this very day.

So yes, God absolutely does allow His Word to be effectively lost, but only to those who had already rejected it.

oatmeal

--where he finds them.

LA

I am blessed that we as Christians are saved from the wrath to come

Romans 5:9

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

I Thessalonians 1:10

10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Therefore we not not concern ourselves with those things on a personal level, that is for our own sakes, but we do not wish to allow evil to hurt our brothers and sisters in believing, but rather we desire good for our fellow believers.

Matthew 6:33-34 tells us what time frame we should be most concerned with

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Life is best lived one day at a time. Although we most certainly plan ahead, we can live most successfully for God but one day at a time

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These are revenge fantasies from a man’s paranoia and urgency of being under attack by the Roman Emperor Nero.

Apocalyptic scenarios are found throughout the Bible. They imagine a sense-shattering intervention by God, since the history they speak to are giving the people tragedy and despair with no apparent hope in sight.

The historical context for Revelation is the horrific persecution of the early, struggling churches of Asia Minor by “the Beast,” Nero (“666”).
Thousands of Christians were slaughtered. Peter and Paul were both killed during this time (in the 60s).

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Jer 36:21 So the king sent Jehudi to fetch the roll: and he took it out of Elishama the scribe's chamber. And Jehudi read it in the ears of the king, and in the ears of all the princes which stood beside the king.
Jer 36:22 Now the king sat in the winterhouse in the ninth month: and there was a fire on the hearth burning before him.
Jer 36:23 And it came to pass, that when Jehudi had read three or four leaves, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the roll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.
Jer 36:24 Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, neither the king, nor any of his servants that heard all these words.
Jer 36:25 Nevertheless Elnathan and Delaiah and Gemariah had made intercession to the king that he would not burn the roll: but he would not hear them.
Jer 36:26 But the king commanded Jerahmeel the son of Hammelech, and Seraiah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel, to take Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet: but the LORD hid them.
Jer 36:27 Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah, after that the king had burned the roll, and the words which Baruch wrote at the mouth of Jeremiah, saying,
Jer 36:28 Take thee again another roll, and write in it all the former words that were in the first roll, which Jehoiakim the king of Judah hath burned.
Jer 36:29 And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, Thus saith the LORD; Thou hast burned this roll, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainly come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast?
Jer 36:30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David: and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heat, and in the night to the frost.
Jer 36:31 And I will punish him and his seed and his servants for their iniquity; and I will bring upon them, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and upon the men of Judah, all the evil that I have pronounced against them; but they hearkened not.

The focus in the endtimes is no longer the Jews, but the houses of God, the churches---

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

LA

KingdomRose

Indeed the Beast (governmental empires through the ages) has murdered Christians, but in the last days (which we're in now) and particularly just before the absolute end, God's people will be protected from the Beast. When the Beast turns its attention on true believers (after it has destroyed Babylon the Great---the world empire of false religion), it will be like touching God's eyeball (Zechariah 2:8). He will react instantaneously and bring the Beast to ruin, metaphorically "casting it into the lake of fire," total destruction.(Rev.20:10)

Bradley D

This is already happening.

Many are losing their life to ISIS today.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I commend you for unearthing some of the non-Daniel passages in the O.T. that would appear to be direct parallels to passages in Revelation. That said I'm not sure what you mean by this:

Not now speaking of the OT house of God ---

Eze 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
Eze 9:3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
Eze 9:7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
Eze 9:8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
Eze 9:9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not.
Eze 9:10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
Eze 9:11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

LA

jon machtemes

Hey Musterion, I get what you're saying and believe there'sa a certain amount of truth to what you're saying, but I think you believe I am saying something I am not. True that Israel got to where they virtually had no idea what the Word said, though they possessed it, and through the Dark Ages, when the Latin Vulgate reigned supreme the Word was in many ways hidden, but never gone. The Word was there, and I believe God put it often in men's hearts to seek it out and He made them who seeked to find. I believe this, not only historically, but I do believe in a God who rewards those who diligently seek Him. What I meant was that, with the language we see concerning Christ's love for His church, its hard to believebHe would leave her to two thousand years of the bloodiest times without a message to the churches throughout all those times. The there is no rule saying He has to, I do simply believe He would leave us a map of the way.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Musterion, I get what you're saying and believe there'sa a certain amount of truth to what you're saying, but I think you believe I am saying something I am not. True that Israel got to where they virtually had no idea what the Word said, though they possessed it, and through the Dark Ages, when the Latin Vulgate reigned supreme the Word was in many ways hidden, but never gone. The Word was there, and I believe God put it often in men's hearts to seek it out and He made them who seeked to find. I believe this, not only historically, but I do believe in a God who rewards those who diligently seek Him. What I meant was that, with the language we see concerning Christ's love for His church, its hard to believebHe would leave her to two thousand years of the bloodiest times without a message to the churches throughout all those times. The there is no rule saying He has to, I do simply believe He would leave us a map of the way.

I have seen this occur locally, (not exactly) but the end event is throughout Babylon (exactly)

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

LA