The AENT John 8:13

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It reads;

I told you that you will die in your sins,for unless you believe that I am you will die in your sins.

The note for this verse reads;

In Semitic thought, the phrase "Ena-na" (I am) conveys a thought of eternal existence reserved only for Elohim.

For those of you who doubt Jesus was saying He was the I AM of Exodus 3:14, what do you have to say?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It reads;

I told you that you will die in your sins,for unless you believe that I am you will die in your sins.

The note for this verse reads;

In Semitic thought, the phrase "Ena-na" (I am) conveys a thought of eternal existence reserved only for Elohim.

For those of you who doubt Jesus was saying He was the I AM of Exodus 3:14, what do you have to say?

It means those who have eternal life are Elohim.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one. Does that make it easier?

Are you saying only one person in all of human history has eternal life?

And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you saying only one person in all of human history has eternal life?

And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)​

No, I'm saying that there is only one worthy to be called Elohim (the Hebrew name for God). Not too familiar with the Hebrew?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 8:13New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Defends His Self-Witness

13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”

This is what John8:13 says.

what are you talking about?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is what John8:13 says.

what are you talking about?

Corresponds to John 8:24. I should have annotated that. The first eleven verses are missing in some Aramaic translations. So. 24 minus 11 is 13.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I'm saying that there is only one worthy to be called Elohim (the Hebrew name for God). Not too familiar with the Hebrew?

Elohim is a generic term, it is not a name.

Jesus said, "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)

Perfect means spiritually mature.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Corresponds to John 8:24. I should have annotated that.

Ok, thanks.

Here is another translation:

John 8:24New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.”[a]

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, thanks.

Here is another translation:

John 8:24New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.”[a]

Absolutely correct. This is the correct rendering.