TEXAS will legalize marijuana for epilepsy patients

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For epilepsy patients only.
Apparently the medical association has not come up with anything that works as well.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
For epilepsy patients only.
Apparently the medical association has not come up with anything that works as well.

Before your fellow Texans go faking epileptic seizures in front of a doctor so that they can get a RX for medical marijuana, you might want to share with them what the Epilepsy Foundation has to say about the subject.

Evidence from laboratory studies, anecdotal reports, and small clinical studies from a number of years ago suggest that cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive compound of cannabis, could potentially be helpful in controlling seizures...

Cannabidiol (CBD)
Open-label studies in the U.S. of Epidiolex (a drug derived from cannabidiol or CBD) are being performed. Epidiolex is a purified, 99% oil-based CBD extract from the cannabis plant and is produced by GW Pharmaceuticals to give known and consistent amounts in each dose. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given some epilepsy centers permission to use this drug as "compassionate use" for a limited number of people at each center.

https://www.epilepsy.com/learn/trea...ent-approaches/medical-marijuana-and-epilepsy

Let's hope that Epidiolex is available soon (if it isn't already) so that your State doesn't go through the medical marijuana scam that other States (including mine, WA) have.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think cannabis should be legal across the board under the same criteria as alcohol, but that is just me. Meanwhile, medical applications, if effective, should be supported.
I don't think any natural plant that GOD has provided for mankind should be restricted at all.
But I also do not think that 'I was drunk or high and didn't know what I was doing' should be accepted as a defense if they do something illegal while under the influence.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think cannabis should be legal across the board under the same criteria as alcohol, but that is just me. Meanwhile, medical applications, if effective, should be supported.

Agreed.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Donald-Trump-On-Pot.jpg

TEXAS will legalize marijuana for epilepsy patients

Does the President benefit financially from legalizing marijuana as part of his "patriotic duty" to free it from those illegal "drug czars" - we'll never know because "The Donald" won't release his income tax returns!