ECT Terror

Truster

Terror is a weapon that is at the disposal of the Eternal Almighty. The result of terror is fear and fear opposes peace. “There is no peace unto the wicked saith my Elohim”.

There are second causes used to promote terror, but the first cause is the Eternal Almighty.
There are 44 instances in which the words terror and terrors appear in scripture. The first being Gen 35:5

If you think the Eternal Almighty would use terror against you. Then you really need to reason why.

How many people have guns at home in the belief that they and their families might be subject to home invasion? Ask yourself why the Almighty would do that to you?

The Eternal Almighty only destroys His enemies.

Truster

Tell that to all the innocent victims, good people destroyed by terror.

"As it is written, There is none righteous(good), no, not one:"

"And Yah Shua said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, Elohim."

There might be lots of "nice" people, as the world knows nice, but there are none good and certainly none who are innocent.

Note: Elohim is not nice.

Truster

One of the most awesome (in the true sense of the word) verses is where the Almighty speaks in the first person in Jeremiah, " Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself...".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One of the most awesome (in the true sense of the word) verses is where the Almighty speaks in the first person in Jeremiah, " Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself...".
You seem to enjoy the thought of people being killed because they deserve it? But you think everybody deserves it. You said God is ok with it

nikolai_42

You seem to enjoy the thought of people being killed because they deserve it? But you think everybody deserves it. You said God is ok with it

I think you'll find that's a misconstrual of Truster's understanding of God. Rather, I think he sees a different God being described in scripture than is commonly portrayed by the mass of evangelicalism. Someone as well-esteemed as Job said this :

For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his highness I could not endure.
Job 31:23

And you'll find he speaks about the terror of God in more than one place. And lest you think this is just an Old Testament concept...

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11

Paul uses the believer's knowledge of the terror of the Lord as a reason for bearing witness of Him. And don't forget what Our Lord said...

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 12:4-5

God is far more fearful than He is often portrayed. That doesn't mean He's "out to get" everyone, but it does mean He is to be feared by all.

EDIT : A "manageable" God is one of one's own device.

Truster

I think you'll find that's a misconstrual of Truster's understanding of God. Rather, I think he sees a different God being described in scripture than is commonly portrayed by the mass of evangelicalism. Someone as well-esteemed as Job said this :

For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his highness I could not endure.
Job 31:23

And you'll find he speaks about the terror of God in more than one place. And lest you think this is just an Old Testament concept...

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11

Paul uses the believer's knowledge of the terror of the Lord as a reason for bearing witness of Him. And don't forget what Our Lord said...

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 12:4-5

God is far more fearful than He is often portrayed. That doesn't mean He's "out to get" everyone, but it does mean He is to be feared by all.

EDIT : A "manageable" God is one of one's own device.

About 7 years ago I was struck with the terror of agonising pain. I knew why, but I ignored the warning. 4 months later I was struck again and I ignored the warning.3 months after that I was struck again and granted repentance. I haven't been struck again, because of the grace of repentance.

"For whom Yah Veh loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, Elohim dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?" ...and amen to that.

Truster

Have you ever thought about quoting scripture in the context in which it is meant?

You don't even know to whom Paul's quote is addressed.

The wonderful thing is this. The Eternal Almighty knows my thoughts and my intents and I am blessed at the thought.

He also knows yours and you should tremble.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The wonderful thing is this. The Eternal Almighty knows my thoughts and my intents and I am blessed at the thought.

That is no excuse for misquoting scripture. Are you deliberating distorting the meaning?

Interplanner

Terror is a weapon that is at the disposal of the Eternal Almighty. The result of terror is fear and fear opposes peace. “There is no peace unto the wicked saith my Elohim”.

There are second causes used to promote terror, but the first cause is the Eternal Almighty.
There are 44 instances in which the words terror and terrors appear in scripture. The first being Gen 35:5

If you think the Eternal Almighty would use terror against you. Then you really need to reason why.

How many people have guns at home in the belief that they and their families might be subject to home invasion? Ask yourself why the Almighty would do that to you?

The Eternal Almighty only destroys His enemies.

You are really mixing up several layers of issues. You'll get unanswers to all three.