Talents And Minas-Verses

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Talents And Minas--verses

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
Matt 25:14-30
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Luke 19:12-27
12 Therefore He said: "A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return.
13 "So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, 'Do business till I come.'
14 "But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We will not have this man to reign over us.'
15 "And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 "Then came the first, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned ten minas.'
17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.'
18 "And the second came, saying, 'Master, your mina has earned five minas.'
19 "Likewise he said to him, 'You also be over five cities.'
20 "Then another came, saying, 'Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief.
21 'For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.'
22 "And he said to him, 'Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow.
23 'Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?'
24 "And he said to those who stood by, 'Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.'
25 ("But they said to him, 'Master, he has ten minas.')
26 'For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
27 'But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.'"
(NKJ)

XXX Its easy to relate everything you hear to something you love. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God(verses). The more verses that you hear in your own mind, the greater your faith will be. Talents-verses, minas-verses.

Rom 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 6:10-11
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I like this youtube video explaining this parable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gR37JrGC-c

I said
That is a typical interpretation for someone in the milk understanding. That relates all their values on money. But someone in the meat understanding puts all their values on the verses.
Think about this. If you trade 2 dollars to someone else for 2 dollars, you both still have only two dollars. But if you trade the understanding of two verses with someone else you both have the understanding of 4 verses. You have gained the understanding of 2 more verses.

iouae

There is a slight discrepancy in the way Matthew and Luke tell the parable of the talents.

Tell me if this sounds like a reasonable explanation for the slight differences, though both have the same theme.

Christ taught for three years walking from town to town. Yet there are a limited number of parables recorded over this three year, many town period. I believe Christ went from town to town, telling the same parables to different townsfolk. After all, why not? And as He repeated the parable, as any good teacher does, he gauges the audiences reaction to the story. Maybe the parable got a better reception telling it as a nobleman, instead of just a man. And maybe telling the reason for the journey to a distant land as Luke does (viz. to receive a kingdom) made for a better story than not giving a reason for the journey.

And maybe for the mathematically challenged it was easier to understand the story giving them all one pound at first, (as Luke relates it) rather than different amounts to start with as Matthew relates it. So maybe with telling a story over and over, a good teacher like Christ refined the story.

Does that sound plausible?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is a slight discrepancy in the way Matthew and Luke tell the parable of the talents.

Tell me if this sounds like a reasonable explanation for the slight differences, though both have the same theme.

Christ taught for three years walking from town to town. Yet there are a limited number of parables recorded over this three year, many town period. I believe Christ went from town to town, telling the same parables to different townsfolk. After all, why not? And as He repeated the parable, as any good teacher does, he gauges the audiences reaction to the story. Maybe the parable got a better reception telling it as a nobleman, instead of just a man. And maybe telling the reason for the journey to a distant land as Luke does (viz. to receive a kingdom) made for a better story than not giving a reason for the journey.

And maybe for the mathematically challenged it was easier to understand the story giving them all one pound at first, (as Luke relates it) rather than different amounts to start with as Matthew relates it. So maybe with telling a story over and over, a good teacher like Christ refined the story.

Does that sound plausible?

I said
Speaking carnally yes. To carnally minded people in the milk understanding it sounds plausible.

iouae

I said
Speaking carnally yes. To carnally minded people in the milk understanding it sounds plausible.

I would like your "meatier" explanation of this parable.
Do you believe it is about trading Bible verses?

Do you think it is like being on TOL where we exchange/trade scriptures?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I would like your "meatier" explanation of this parable.
Do you believe it is about trading Bible verses?

Do you think it is like being on TOL where we exchange/trade scriptures?

I said
There is a milk and a meat understanding of every verse. The meat understanding is verses. Or so as the revelation has revealed to me. I receive the revelations of Jesus Christ. That is what I share with others. In the past 25 years I have received over 2500 of these revelations. Everyone has been proven to be correct. To me anyway.

iouae

I said
There is a milk and a meat understanding of every verse. The meat understanding is verses. Or so as the revelation has revealed to me. I receive the revelations of Jesus Christ. That is what I share with others. In the past 25 years I have received over 2500 of these revelations. Everyone has been proven to be correct. To me anyway.

That is why I would like your revelations on this parable.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is why I would like your revelations on this parable.

I said
The OP is my revelation on the subject. Here is another one.

TRADING TALENTS SHARING

Tradeing talents is shareing what you have learned. Not dictating your belief to others. Or demanding replies to foolish questions.

Matt 25:14-30
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
30 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
(NKJ)
Matt 8:33-9:1
33 Then those who kept them fled; and they went away into the city and told everything, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men.
34 And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they begged Him to depart from their region.
CHAPTER 9
1 So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city.
(NKJ)
Matt 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matt 10:23-24
23 "When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
24 "A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.
Luke 10:8-12
8 "Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
9 "And heal the sick there, and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'
10 "But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say,
11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.'
12 "But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.
1 Pet 1:5-7
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials,
7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,
1 Pet 4:9-11
9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(NKJ)

I have a logical question here. And I might also add where I'm at in my walk. I went through the three years of the milk understanding (guessing at what the verses mean carnally). And I went through the 11 years of the meat (purging my mind of all carnality and reasoning). Then I started coming to these revelations in my mind (total verses one after another from all over the new testament). And I have been receiving these revelations for 25 years (on all subjects that pertain to the new testament). Now I went through this walk just between me and the Holy Spirit. I have received over 2500 of these revelations. Now by walking through it without a person guiding me, I just assumed that everyone else went through their walk in about the same way. I have led many to the Holy Spirit and they go through their walk in pretty much the same way I did. I can actually see where they are at in their walk, and witness accordingly.
But when I got on the net there is a whole new out look on the bible and its meanings. And the people that I meet on the net seem angry and confused at what I share with them. I share what I have received and how I received it and who I received it from. As far as I know this is tradeing talents. I am always ready for anyone who can show me what comes next. But what I seem to get out of people is criticizm. I myself dont have any emotions or feelings anymore about what anyone says, but I sure get criticized by others which are obviously emotional.and angry. Now when they get like this the Holy Spirit tells me they are envious or jealous. And when I ask, they deny it in a very unchristian way. Now as far as what I have learned or minister to others. I tell them remember this that deceived means that you believe something is right when it is actually wrong, or you believe that something is wrong when it is actually right. But know this that no one can know they are deceived, if you know you are deceived then you cant be deceived. So I am always ready to look at the evidence that they present. But if it doesnt pertain to the subject, or it isnt in a verse then I know they are just guessing carnally. But if it is a verse and it is used in a manner that glorifies Christ or the new testament then I turn to the Holy Spirit to bear witness to it. And if He bears witness to it then I accept the help as Spiritual. But if He bears witness to it that it is carnal or from the milk then I share what He has given me to those doing the criticizing. And we are back to tradeing talents. I never look at anything someone shares with me as bad for me. But alot of other people get emotional and rebel against me for sharing.
So my question is: Am I the only one on here that is here to trade talents? And is everyone on here only on here to teach? And is there any humility on the net? And if anyone else has went further down their walk than I have mine then please show me your revelations so I can compare them to mine?
I am humble enough to admit I cant walk on water yet. I did curse a tree and it wasnt plucked up, matter of fact it took one week for the tree to even die. I see away to much self exalting pride on the net. And I dont see enough tradeing talents.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Here is another one.
Talents-Scriptures-Verses

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Matt 25:14-28
(NKJ)
Matt 13:16-23
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
20 "But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
21 "yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.
22 "Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.
23 "But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."
(NKJ)

xxx A talent is what is most valuable to a Christian. And there is nothing more valuable to a Christian than the verses-the Word of God.
We are suppose to have fellowship with other Christians and trade talents-verses. Go and gain more of the Word of God.

John 5:38-42
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
42 "But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
(NKJ)

Mark 8:18
18 "Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
(NKJ)

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)

Eph 6:17
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Start looking for the verses. In your own mind.

Heb 4:12-16
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you trading your own opinion, or are you trading scriptures?

[Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If a man wants to move a mountain he needs lots of money. Christians can move mountains with faith. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the verses. But to hear the verses you first have to put them in your belief system for the Holy Spirit to quote them. That is why we trade them with others to gain more of them.

[Mat 17:20
20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
[Luk 13:19
19 "It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches."
[Luk 17:6
6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.