Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Suicide and the Cross

This is the show from Thursday April 11th, 2013

SUMMARY:

* Suicide and the Cross: On today's Theology Thursday, Bob gives a biblical perspective on suicide and answers two listener e-mails on the subject.

Autumn Delight

How Interesting. Perhaps you should invest 1/2 hour of your life and listen to what he says. Just a suggestion.

No thanks. I will just take your word for it Eeset. :)

I mean really at the end of the day whatever he says has no influence on what I believe anyway.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have the freedom to comment in this thread. I commented in this thread for the same reason you felt the need to correct me.

Freedom.

Anything else?
I have no need to correct you. But that was not what I was asking. I am curious as to why you decided to comment in this thread. Was there something you thought strange?

Autumn Delight

I have no need to correct you. But that was not what I was asking. I am curious as to why you decided to comment in this thread. Was there something you thought strange?

Well, I decided to comment in this thread for the same reason you commented in this thread and I am still not sure what answer you are looking for.

I can admit I assumed that the video would be about how someone committing suicide is going to hell, etc, etc, I mean that is definitely the normal belief in most Christian circles.

So, I decided to say: "Let me guess....etc, ".......So, what I find strange is knowing that the video is not about a fiery furnace. Yes, I find that strange to say the least.

Merryheart

When God had redemption on His mind, He meant it to be accomplished all in one Way- through His sons death and resurrection. The sins of past, present and future are paid. As a child of God killing themselves, that is indeed a tragic end but if they belong to the Lord, not one of His will be lost and the sin has been paid for whether he repented or not. Once died for all. Do you have to repent and be born again of the Spirit? Yes, that is the miracle! Do you believe this?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, I decided to comment in this thread for the same reason you commented in this thread and I am still not sure what answer you are looking for.

I can admit I assumed that the video would be about how someone committing suicide is going to hell, etc, etc, I mean that is definitely the normal belief in most Christian circles.

So, I decided to say: "Let me guess....etc, ".......So, what I find strange is knowing that the video is not about a fiery furnace. Yes, I find that strange to say the least.
Actually I doubt our reasons were the same but that is a trivial matter. I wish you well here on TOL. This is a wonderful place to learn.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No thanks. I will just take your word for it Eeset. :)

I mean really at the end of the day whatever he says has no influence on what I believe anyway.
I used to feel the same way about Bob; then I actually took the time to listen to him.

P.S.
It's not a video; it's audio.