Southern Baptists stay in Godless Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
He could re-title it to "Southern Baptists Won't Spend Money to Privately Educate Their Children."

Nineveh

Merely Christian
They should consider talking to ABeka or some other home schooling curriculum and do it themselves. Christians need to pool their resources if they want their kids to be the CEOs.

Z,
Are you unfamiliar with the taxes we all pay to fund public education? What about the folks who don't want to use the public facilities? In Indiana, if you don't drive, you don't pay a Wheel Sur. Tax. Education has gotten worse under the assumption it's a "right". Knowledge and understanding comes from a will to obtain it, not a mere want to have it.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Nineveh
They should consider talking to ABeka or some other home schooling curriculum and do it themselves. Christians need to pool their resources if they want their kids to be the CEOs.

In my opinion, that isn't likely to happen. In addition to normal human disagreeableness, your deity has problems dealing with human cooperation and resource sharing.
Remember Babel.:hammer:

Z,
Are you unfamiliar with the taxes we all pay to fund public education?
Certainly not. I have paid several hundred thousand dollars in real estate taxes over the years, most of which went to fund schools where I have lived. Even though my four children never used the government schools. My two girls even attended private colleges, not state land-grant schools.

What about the folks who don't want to use the public facilities? In Indiana, if you don't drive, you don't pay a Wheel Sur. Tax.
It's called "if you want to live here, help shoulder the burden of providing the infrastructure." Such things affect us all. For example:
  • I do virtually no driving, but I pay personal property taxes every year on my automobiles.

I am not in support of the war in Iraq, but I pay taxes, a portion of which goes to support the men and women over there doing their jobs.

I do not support religion, yet more than a billion tax dollars have been recently designated to be granted to religious organizations to pursue their own purposes.

Religious organizations and individuals (yes, that means your pastor) reap the benefits of scores of billions in tax exemptions while legitimate businesses and individuals pay higher taxes to cover the costs not contributed by churches.

Education has gotten worse under the assumption it's a "right". Knowledge and understanding comes from a will to obtain it, not a mere want to have it.
No argument from me here. I founded a private school after homeschooling my own kids. People will learn what they desire to learn, not what they have a "right" to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.