Sorry, Rs.. President (et al) have a point RE the poor

republicanchick

OK, I should get a site for reference here, will do that in a minute.

But Fox News had clips of the pres talking about poverty. One of his most "famous" lines is "You didn't build that"

Now tell me, you Rs, if this man does not have a valid POINT?

yeh, i have heard of the rags to riches stories, so just don't even bother going there.

I know and appreciate that people in this country (USA) have the wherewithal to do... well, almost anything.

But there is a problem. Not everyone is the same... I know.. Newsflash of the Century, eh? Not everyone has it in him or herself to.. become rich, many don't even want to be rich... etc..

We all have walked down certain city streets where the rich live, those who were born into $$. They have HUGE houses, HUGE motor homes, huge just whatever... and the best of the best in the not-so--huge department...

so anyway... I get the president's point (totally). And assuming he won office by appealing to the downtrodden (more so than the Rs) and not b/c of voter fraud (coulda been both):

I can kind of understand (how he won)

according to one poll 81% of people voted for him (not sure whether 08 or 12?) b/c he... can't recall exact words of poll but something to the effect of: "understands me best"

well... what can i say?

His policies are NOT good for the poor, that is true, objectively speaking... but he does have a valid point, a point rarely, if ever brought up by a R

So now a R did...

[I went to Foxnews.com, could not get the O'Reilly video on poverty to work... tried several times.. ]

+++

TrakeM

Fox never aired the full quote. You didn't build that refers to the streets and other things businesses benefit from but are paid for by taxes.

In person voter fraud is nearly non-existent.

The wealthy have some things that are smaller than what the middle class has. Tax rates for example. The wealthy pay less than half the tax rate of the middle class.

Obama won for many reasons, but yes a part of it was how completely out of touch Romney was. The 47% comment in a private meeting with banking executives didn't help either.

republicanchick

Fox never aired the full quote. You didn't build that refers to the streets and other things businesses benefit from but are paid for by taxes.

In person voter fraud is nearly non-existent.

The wealthy have some things that are smaller than what the middle class has. Tax rates for example. The wealthy pay less than half the tax rate of the middle class.
Obama won for many reasons, but yes a part of it was how completely out of touch Romney was. The 47% comment in a private meeting with banking executives didn't help either.

fix the lies in here and maybe someone will respond