Some of Bob's Essays are Nearly Identical to another Minister's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

It appears that http://www.straightistheway.com/index.htm and many of Bob's articles are identical (Nicer then God, Judge Rightly, etc). :think: Was this merely a concidence?

For example: Death Penalty Opposition--read Bob's essay: http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=441 and Santa Clarita's essay: http://www.straightistheway.com/government/criminal_justice_system.html Why are they nearly identical???? Were they both written by Enyart?

Nearly identical in many aspects: http://www.straightistheway.com/tracts/pastorquiz.html

http://denverbiblechurch.org/docs/pastor-questionnaire.htm

Another example: http://www.straightistheway.com/tracts/nicerthangod.html

http://www.kgov.com/store/images/literature/nicer-article-large.jpg

There are some other examples...curious to know if there is a connection between Enyart & San Clarita? That might explain the nearly identical titles, content, etc..that they both share....:think:

Freak

Note: they both order their essays nearly identically...

Enyart writes:

Death Penalty Opposition

Biblical arguments against execution consist primarily of six arguments:

First, Jesus said:

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you... whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." Mat. 5:38-39

Second, Jesus forgave the woman "caught in adultery, in the very act." To those arguing that she should be put to death, Jesus said:

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." John 8:7

Third, Jesus taught believers to forgive:

"But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Mat. 6:15

Fourth, the New Testament teaches Christians not to judge:

"Judge not, that you be not judged." Mat. 7:1

Fifth, Paul taught believers to:

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse... Repay no one evil for evil... do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I Will repay," says the Lord." Rom. 12:14, 17, 19

Sixth, the Ten Commandments teach "Thou shalt not kill" (Ex. 20:13).

Then San Clairita writes:

Death Penalty Opposition (to be followed by biblical responses)

People argue against capital punishment by using Scripture in at least one of these six arguments; all eventually leading to chaos.

1. The old, "Turn the other cheek" argument.

First, Jesus said:

"Ye have heard hat it hath been said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth': But I say unto you...whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." Mat. 5:38-39

2. The old, "Cast the first stone" argument.

Second, Jesus forgave the woman "caught in adultery, in the very act." To those arguing that she should be put to death, Jesus said:

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7b

3. The old, "You must forgive people" argument.

Third, Jesus taught believers to forgive:

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Mat. 6:15

4. The old, "You have no right to judge" argument.

Fourth, they claim the New Testament teaches Christians not to judge:

"Judge not, that you be not judged." Mat. 7:1

5. The old, "Don't avenge yourself" argument.

Fifth, Paul taught believers to:

"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not... Recompense to no man evil for evil...avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' saith the Lord." Rom. 12:14, 17, 19

6. The old, "Thou shalt not kill" argument.

Sixth, the Ten Commandments teach "Thou shalt not kill" (Ex. 20:13).

Now that you are familiar with the six basic Scripture passages used against capital punishment, it is now time for you to get smart.

Crow

Freak,

As nearly as I can tell, Santa Clairita has borrowed some of this stuff from Bob, in other cases, it seems to be their own stuff. While they do not always credit Bob, some of us who are familiar with his stuff see the striking similarities. The site says they are not affiliated with him, but appear to think highly of him. It's a nice little site.

Freak

Originally posted by Crow
Freak,

As nearly as I can tell, Santa Clairita has borrowed some of this stuff from Bob,

Could it be that Bob borrowed from them without giving them credit? Is that possible? Idols are built with clay feet.

While they do not always credit Bob, some of us who are familiar with his stuff see the striking similarities.

Yes, "striking similarties."

The site says they are not affiliated with him, but appear to think highly of him.
Where do they think highly of him?

Freak

I have contacted Mr. Robinson and linked the following information to him via email. I'm looking forward to his response and to get to the bottom of these nearly identical essays, etc....

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
Could it be that Bob borrowed from them without giving them credit? Is that possible? Idols are built with clay feet.
Freak, you should do a little more investigating before you make implications like this.
Originally emailed to straightistheway.com by Turbo 8/3/2003
"...I see you have borrowed a lot of his materials like the pastor qualification quiz, "Nicer than God" and "Judge Rightly"..."

Reply from Anthony at straightistheway.com 8/3/2003
Actually, the pastor qualification quiz of Bob Enyart's is about ten
questions long, but I did send him my version, so he might be using it now.
Our "Nicer Than God" tract is an upgraded version from Bob's.
Just to clarify, their test is an expanded version of the one Bob Enyart wrote.

Anthony has been a guest on Bob Enyart Live, and can be heard on the episode "Federal Agent at the Door" archived at KGOV.com

drbrumley

And if Freak can bother to read, It says this on the link above,

(adapted from Bob Enyart Live!)

Your tone Mr. Freak is offensive. There is one reason and one reason only for this thread, and that was you to attempt to smear Pastor Enyart. Are you that desperate against those who have listened to him and put what he says against the bible to see if what he says is correct and thruthful? You can't hold your own versus us, so your attempt to discredit Bob Enyart is utterly deplorable.

Freak

Originally posted by drbrumley
... so your attempt to discredit Bob Enyart is utterly deplorable.
I have emailed Mr. Robinson and hope to get some explanations as to why he would borrow and not credit the original author.

Freak

Originally posted by Turbo
Freak, you should do a little more investigating before you make implications like this.
Just to clarify, their test is an expanded version of the one Bob Enyart wrote.
Same with the death penalty essay too? No one was credited. Who borrowed from who?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why didn't you wait for Robinson to respond before making these implications in public?

Freak

Why didn't you wait for Robinson to respond before making these implications in public?
Implications perhaps in your mind....I was asking some legitmate questions...:p

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then you should be asking Enyart and the people at straightistheway.com, and waiting for their replies.

Freak

Then you should be asking Enyart and the people at straightistheway.com, and waiting for their replies.

Did not someone post their essays/works publically?

:p

Freak

Originally posted by Jefferson
Have you gotten a reply from them yet?

Yes. They said they would get back to me soon. I'm assuming they are reading the reported links.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jefferson, they send an autoreply when you email their feedback address.

Status
Not open for further replies.