Some balance on some wonderful officers out there

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
With police in the news all the time lately, i thought i would share this for some balance, by far the police are not out to get people and for each bad apple, there are hundreds of thousands who care about people, like this shows:

After Viral Video, Tarrant Police Officer Delivers 2 Truckloads of Groceries to Grandmother He Caught Stealing Eggs

A Tarrant, Alabama Police officer who became an Internet sensation after he decided not to arrest a grandmother he caught shoplifting eggs but to buy her some eggs instead, went a step further this week when he delivered two truckloads of food to her home to help her children.

"The last time I saw my house this full, I was 12-years-old and staying with my grandmother," 47-year-old mother and grandmother Helen Johnson told al.com Wednesday after the food was delivered to her home. "I've been crying all day."

Last Saturday, Officer William Stacy of the Tarrant Police Department was called to investigate the Johnson after she attempted to steal a dozen eggs at the Dollar General Store on Pinson Valley Parkway. After finding out that the desperate woman was simply trying to feed her children, however, Stacy bought a dozen eggs for the mother after getting her to promise not to shoplift again.

A passerby who watched the heartwarming moment unfold captured it on video and posted it to Facebook and it went viral. Now according to Tarrant Police Chief Dennis Reno, a lot of help has been pouring in for the Johnson family.

On Wednesday, when Stacy and Officer Jay Jenkins delivered two loads of food to Johnson's apartment, she couldn't stop crying, and hugging Stacy.... read more at link
http://www.christianpost.com/news/a...o-grandmother-he-caught-stealing-eggs-131132/

Officer doesnt arrest woman stealing eggs and buys them for her

Zakath

Resident Atheist
As with all human institutions there are good eggs and bad ones (pardon the pun). My dad and grandfather were both cops. While they did many good things, they had individual prejudices that might appall sensibilities these days.

I don't agree with the some of things they did, but they lived in a different time with different folk... cultural sensitivity is essential to understanding and relating to others.

Slainté! :cheers:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
After Viral Video, Tarrant Police Officer Delivers 2 Truckloads of Groceries to Grandmother He Caught Stealing Eggs

For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, don't be afraid, he'll bring you two truckloads of eggs.

Romans 13:4 revised

Show me an article where a police officer blows a child rapist out of his socks and I'll get excited, (leave social work to charitable organizations and the Church and let police officers do their jobs that they were ordained by God to do).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
For the one in authority is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, don't be afraid, he'll bring you two truckloads of eggs.

Show me an article where a police officer blows a child rapist out of his socks and I'll get excited, (leave social work to charitable organizations and the Church and let police officers do their jobs that they were ordained by God to do).

You seriously fault him for helping someone clearly in need?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You seriously fault him for helping someone clearly in need?

I think that your thread has good intentions, but I also think that you're sending out a message that the police officers that the prostitute media persecute day in and day out have done something wrong.

They haven't.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So the "good ones" are the ones that deliver eggs?

No, the good ones are the ones who consistently serve and protect. The bad ones are those who abuse their power.

Bad cops would not deliver eggs. I thought even you would understand that.

bybee

God's work is accomplished in often mysterious ways by each of us.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
God's work is accomplished in often mysterious ways by each of us.

And God gave institutions that He ordained (civil government, the Church, etc.) specific roles.

Why is it so much more meaningful for this man to have a police officer's uniform on when he did a charitable act? Did he do something wrong when he arrested this woman for shoplifting?

Perhaps instead of sugarcoating the problem by giving truck loads of eggs to elderly people, why not address why this woman needed to shoplift so that she could have food on her table? (It's your liberal policies in case you didn't know that already).

bybee

And God gave institutions that He ordained (civil government, the Church, etc.) specific roles.

Why is it so much more meaningful for this man to have a police officer's uniform on when he did a charitable act? Did he do something wrong when he arrested this woman for shoplifting?

Perhaps instead of sugarcoating the problem by giving truck loads of eggs to elderly people, why not address why this woman needed to shoplift so that she could have food on her table? (It's your liberal policies in case you didn't know that already).

That is the problem "writ large" and I agree that assessments ought to be made so as to help the demographic that needs help.
However, person to person, lending a hand because the heart is touched, is really what a Christian is about.