Shall be Saved by His life!

beloved57

Sinners Christ died for are saved by His life!

Rom5:10

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This scripture either teaches limited atonement/reconciliation or universalism and all without exception shall be saved by Christ life. We do know that sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies, and the promise to them same one is they shall be[a promise] saved by His life!

marhig

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This scripture either teaches limited atonement/reconciliation or universalism and all without exception shall be saved by Christ life. We do know that sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies, and the promise to them same one is they shall be[a promise] saved by His life!

We're only truly reconciled to God once we repent and turn from sin, being reconciled whilst we were enemies means that we heard the gospel whilst we were still living in the flesh and we believed, we are then to repent and turn from sin, then we shall be saved by his life, through faith and by the grace of God, by the resurrection of Christ in our hearts through the spirit and by following him.

beloved57

We're only truly reconciled to God once we repent and turn from sin, being reconciled whilst we were enemies means that we heard the gospel whilst we were still living in the flesh and we believed, we are then to repent and turn from sin, then we shall be saved by his life, through faith and by the grace of God, by the resurrection of Christ in our hearts through the spirit and by following him.

You deny the scripture. Paul said they were reconciled to God while they were enemies [not repented] by the death of Christ Rom 5:10

[FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

Robert Pate

Banned
You deny the scripture. Paul said they were reconciled to God while they were enemies [not repented] by the death of Christ Rom 5:10

[FONT="]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

No one is reconciled to God without receiving Christ as their savior, who is the reconciler.

Prizebeatz1

Are we not aware the true salvation of God is unconditional? The personality's false version of salvation is always dependent on something. Christ's living or dying on the cross for example.

Nanja

Those being Reconciled to God by Christ's death, is the same as being Justified/Saved 2 Tim. 1:9, and that's while they were being enemies and unbelievers. There are no conditions for them to meet, nothing for them to do / perform. Belief on Christ is given to them Phil. 1:29; John 3:27.

They are Christ's Sheep which He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15, only a remnant, a Limited portion of humanity, which God the Father had chosen in Christ, the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, to be their Head and Surety in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 7:22; Heb. 10:10, 13:20 before the foundation of the world to have remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7; Is. 53:6; Rev. 13:8.

But the rest of humanity will not be Saved by Christ's Life.
They are the unbelieving goats which shall go into the second death Mat. 25:41; Rev. 21:8. They were condemned already John 3:18, 36, 10:26!

~~~

beloved57

Those being Reconciled to God by Christ's death, is the same as being Justified/Saved 2 Tim. 1:9, and that's while they were being enemies and unbelievers. There are no conditions for them to meet, nothing for them to do / perform. Belief on Christ is given to them Phil. 1:29; John 3:27.

They are Christ's Sheep which He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15, only a remnant, a Limited portion of humanity, which God the Father had chosen in Christ, the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, to be their Head and Surety in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 7:22; Heb. 10:10, 13:20 before the foundation of the world to have remission of sins Eph. 1:4-7; Is. 53:6; Rev. 13:8.

But the rest of humanity will not be Saved by Christ's Life.
They are the unbelieving goats which shall go into the second death Mat. 25:41; Rev. 21:8. They were condemned already John 3:18, 36, 10:26!

~~~

Amen Sister!

beloved57

Why Rom 5:10 teaches limited atonement !

10 [FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Quite simple if what this verse states is true, that "being reconciled, we shall be saved by His Life"

Now who shall be saved by His Life ? This is a surety Salvation declared for who this promise applies. The who here are those who have been reconciled, hence the words "being reconciled" which is aorist past tense and passive. So the who here are those in the past that had been passively reconciled. Now how were they passively reconciled ? By Christ's death ! And what was their spiritual condition when they had been passively reconciled by Christ's death ? Was it believers ? No, it was while being enemies, unbelievers. The word enemies is the greek word [/FONT]
echthros and means:

hated, hostile; subst: an enemy.

properly, an enemy; someone openly hostile (at enmity), animated by deep-seated hatred. 2190/e
xthros ("enemy"), implies irreconcilable hostility, proceeding out of a "personal" hatred bent on inflicting harm

actively, hostile, hating and opposing another:

This was the state/condition of those Christ died for, when His Death reconciled them to God ! And the promise to them so reconciled while in that hostile condition towards God, is that they shall be saved by His Life. Thats assured Salvation by the Life of Christ to enemies Christ died for. Now shall all be saved by His Life ? The answer is absolutely not ! And so without question Rom 5:10 teaches a limited atonement !

Nanja

10 [FONT="]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, [B]being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/B]

Quite simple if what this verse states is true, that "being reconciled, we [U][B]shall[/B] be saved [/U]by His Life"

Now who shall be saved by His Life ? This is a surety Salvation declared for who this promise applies. The who here are those who have been reconciled, hence the words "[B]being reconciled[/B]" which is aorist past tense and passive. So the who here are those in the past that had been passively reconciled. Now how were they passively reconciled ? By Christ's death ! And what was their spiritual condition when they had been passively reconciled by Christ's death ? Was it believers ? No, it was while being enemies, unbelievers. The word enemies is the greek word [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]echthros and means:

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0066AA][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]hated, hostile; subst: an enemy.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] properly, an [/FONT][/COLOR][I]enemy; someone [I]openly hostile (at [I]enmity), animated by [I]deep-seated hatred. 2190[I]/e[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/SIZE][I][I][I][I][I][SIZE=4]x[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][SIZE=4][I][I][I][I][I]thros ("enemy"), [B]implies [/B][I][B]irreconcilable hostility[/B], proceeding out of a "[I]personal" hatred [I]bent on inflicting [I]harm

[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]actively, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]hostile, hating and opposing[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] another:

This was the state/condition of those Christ died for, when His Death reconciled them to God ! And the promise to them so reconciled while in that hostile condition towards God, is that they shall be saved by His Life. Thats assured Salvation by the Life of Christ to enemies Christ died for. Now shall all be saved by His Life ? The answer is absolutely not ! [COLOR="#006400"]And so without question Rom 5:10 teaches a limited atonement !
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Absolutely Brother!

Those who were passively Reconciled to God while they were enemies, unbelievers, are the same ones which were Justified in Eternity by the Death of their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8; Is. 53:6 Christ Jesus who tasted Death exlusively for every one of His Sheep Heb. 2:9, which shall be saved by His Life Rom. 5:10.

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And Christ was brought again from the dead as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Heb. 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant

These scriptures testify to the fact that Christ's atonement was limited to His Sheep, the elect of God.

It's only His Sheep that "shall be saved by His Life"!

But the goats were cursed from everlasting and prepared for the second death Rev. 21:8.

Mat. 25:32-34, 41
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

beloved57

See Rom 5:10 ensures that all for whom Christ died shall be saved His Life ! So we know all without exception shall not be saved by the Life of Christ so that proves that Rom 5:10 teaches limited atonement !

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Quite simple if what this verse states is true, that "being reconciled, we shall be saved by His Life"

Now who shall be saved by His Life ? This is a surety Salvation declared for who this promise applies. The who here are those who have been reconciled, hence the words "being reconciled" which is aorist past tense and passive. So the who here are those in the past that had been passively reconciled. Now how were they passively reconciled ? By Christ's death ! And what was their spiritual condition when they had been passively reconciled by Christ's death ? Was it believers ? No, it was while being enemies, unbelievers. The word enemies is the greek word
echthros and means:

hated, hostile; subst: an enemy.

properly, an enemy; someone openly hostile (at enmity), animated by deep-seated hatred. 2190/e
xthros ("enemy"), implies irreconcilable hostility, proceeding out of a "personal" hatred bent on inflicting harm

actively, hostile, hating and opposing another:

This was the state/condition of those Christ died for, when His Death reconciled them to God ! And the promise to them so reconciled while in that hostile condition towards God, is that they shall be saved by His Life. Thats assured Salvation by the Life of Christ to enemies Christ died for. Now shall all be saved by His Life ? The answer is absolutely not ! And so without question Rom 5:10 teaches a limited atonement !

Last edited:

Nanja

See Rom 5:10 ensures that all for whom Christ died shall be saved His Life ! So we know all without exception shall be saved by the Life of Christ so that proves that Rom 5:10 teaches limited atonement !

Yes. 100% of all those reconciled to God by Christ's death for them, all without exception, shall be saved by His Life.

But Jesus speaks of those which shall be Lost.

Mat. 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Which points to His Atonement as being limited to all those which shall be saved by His Life.

beloved57

Yes. 100% of all those reconciled to God by Christ's death for them, all without exception, shall be saved by His Life.

But Jesus speaks of those which shall be Lost.

Mat. 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Which points to His Atonement as being limited to all those which shall be saved by His Life.
And I corrected the error of mine, it should have been " and we know all without exception shall not be saved by His life " hence proving the verse supports limited atonement.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

Shall be saved by His Life !

Rom 5:10

10 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, [/FONT]we shall be saved by his life.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Many in mans religion, say by the above verse, that Christ's death doesnt save anyone, but His life does ! But thats not what Rom 5:10 says, nowhere does it say in that verse the words " [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that Christ's death doesnt save anyone" thats a false statement imposed by mans religion. Now even though Christ's Life here more than likely refers to His resurrection life, Yet His Death is sometimes referred to as His Life as well, case in point Matt 20:28

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his[/FONT]life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45

[FONT=&quot]For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his [/FONT]life a ransom for many.

Yes, His Life here in these scriptures actually mean His Death ! Now are those saved for whom He gave His Life for a ransom ? Of course, they are the ransomed of the Lord Isa 35:10

[FONT=&quot]And the [/FONT]ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

This everlasting Joy and sorrow and sighing fleeing away speaks of Eternal Salvation ! Rev 21:4

[FONT=&quot]And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither [/FONT]sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

This is the Promise unto the ransomed of the Lord, those He gave His Life a ransom for ! So its quite appropriate to say His Death saved, ransomed them He died for !

Nanja

beloved57
This is the Promise unto the ransomed of the Lord, those He gave His Life a ransom for ! So its quite appropriate to say His Death saved, ransomed them He died for !

Yes, His Life here in these scriptures actually mean His Death ! Now are those saved for whom He gave His Life for a ransom ? Of course, they are the ransomed of the Lord Isa 35:10

Exactly, and here also, when scripture says Christ laid down His Life for His Sheep, It points to His Death for them.

John 10:11, 28
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

beloved57

All for whom Christ died are already by His Death alone Legally saved from the penalty of their sins !

Yes they are legally saved before the Law and Justice of God solely based upon the merits of Christ's Person and work on their behalf, hence thats why they are reconciled to God while they are yet enemies and unbelievers in a state of nature, and children of wrath as others. Rom 5:10

To be reconciled to God is to be Legally saved from your sins !

Nanja

All for whom Christ died are already by His Death alone Legally saved from the penalty of their sins !

Yes they are legally saved before the Law and Justice of God solely based upon the merits of Christ's Person and work on their behalf, hence thats why they are reconciled to God while they are yet enemies and unbelievers in a state of nature, and children of wrath as others. Rom 5:10

[FONT=&]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

To be reconciled to God is to be Legally saved from your sins ![/FONT]

Amen! Those who were reconciled to God by Christ's Blood from everlasting while enemies Rom. 5:9-10 are Justified, and that is while they are in a state of sinfulness. So what they have done or are doing is no object because forensically, according to God's Law and Justice, they have already been declared Righteous. Therefore, as a result of their Righteous standing with Him, they shall in time be made the recipients of The Spirit given them in New Birth which corresponds to the Spiritual Life in Christ they were Chosen to before the world began Eph. 1:3-4; 2 Tim. 1:9; 2 Thes. 2:13.